Custard Lover (I married it)

Hey, there my vaping brothers and sisters I made a post some years ago stating I would marry my custards if I could, and now that I have I want to talk about her… I mean it… Anywho, it was an informative post with the responses so I wanted to try again

Here it is my friends, all of that to ask one little question… How many of us are still steeping custards for a month min?
Now that I have the Game Changer I never wait more than 3 days but I want to talk about natural steeping since not everybody will have a homogenizer.

Things have changed a bit in the custard world but also not so much. Most of the popular custards from years ago are still being used today. However, there are some new ones that have changed the game a bit. Inawara’s custard is one. It only needs two weeks to steep and believe it or not I have found FA’s premium custard is the same. Those are my two favorites and rarely venture outside of them but recently I have been mixing other creators recipes and purchased some different custards like WF custard and OOO vanilla custard cheesecake and again I would say two to three weeks.

I would love to hear any other custard lovers experiences in this regard and any other custard tips, tricks and or just plain ole good custard recipes

13 Likes

What is this (GAME CHANGER) your talking about :blush:

6 Likes
7 Likes

Crap, liking the scales too. I want both now​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah. It never ends. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

I know right?!

I know right?

7 Likes

@Dan_the_Man still steeping mine 2-4 weeks.

9 Likes

I mean, the one Recipe that got me really loving Custards was Ken O’Where’s Strawnana Custard, where he used Vanilla Custard v1 at 10%… I’d make 500mls of this stuff at a time and enjoy it as it aged and let me tell you, at 6 months that stuff really shined. So for me, that’s been the standard taste I want from custards, nice thick and rich… I’ve decided to branch out and try others, that Vanilla Custard Cheesecake by OoO is pretty good, it’s a good replacement for LA’s Cream Cheese Icing… I have Custard by INW, but haven’t used it yet… I have the new TPA one on order and will try to order from Chef’s maybe in a bit, but with their lack of decent one shots I used to buy it’ll be harder to make an order for just that.

Have you ever put a spoonful of custard in your mouth and tried to push it out of the cracks in your teeth?

13 Likes

@Fordf150_Angelo you can live without the GC, but not a scale IMO.

8 Likes

The GC is awesome. Unfortunately, it’s no longer available. I could live without mine if I had to, but don’t want to. :laughing:

9 Likes

Crap! Just when I had a renewed interest in getting one. Why is it no longer available?

9 Likes

Don’t know if you guys are drinkers at all, I don’t drink much if at all since losing my kidney but nothing beats a good thick custard recipe and a Water-Pressed Rye and Coke… That pairs so nice

8 Likes

I believe he stopped for health reasons. Don’t know if he’ll get back to it in the future. Hope so.

10 Likes

TBH the longest I’ve steeped my custards is around 2 weeks. At that point temptation gets the better of me and I cave. But, it’s fair to say that I switch around with other recipes daily, aside from the custards. So technically the custards continue to steep because I’m not blowing through it in 2-3 days.

7 Likes

IDK, I’ve never been a custard lover……
Oh that reminds me, tonight’s WHIP CREAM night! :wink:

10 Likes

Kinky!!! :rofl:

9 Likes

M.O.O.N. I know what THAT means !!!

11 Likes

I know, the scale is a must have , all else is really a want, :relaxed:

5 Likes

Oh YEAH Dman, love a good Soda Jerk :joy:
But usually end up wit this…

9 Likes

Ditto here when I was mixing most anything.

9 Likes