Decent starting dual coil rta

I’m looking to start on an RTA and have almost settled on the geekvape creed rta since it can be used single or dual coil and has a fairly large tank. Seems user friendly enough from what I’ve seen. Can anyone else recommend decent beginners dual coil RTAs? And if anyone has had the creed is it worth it? I can get it for 27$ so I’m really tempted. Thanks everyone.

6 Likes

Not directly familiar withGeekvape Creed RTA. “Anthony Vapes” posting on Reddit seems to like it.

Also, see the text of the “Building” section of this “Vaping Insider” Creed RTA review found here.

Poking around looking for a review, I noticed that the worthy, reliable Eciggity (in Hawaii, USA) has stock (in Black and Gunmetal colors only, no Stainless Steel) for $24.99 (less 10% discount when using TENOFF code). That’s $22.49 total, plus their reasonably priced USPS (First Class or Priority) shipping.

4 Likes

I really enjoy dead rabbit rta … although I’m not an expert.

5 Likes

easy to mount, I also put a single coil of 3.5 mm,

4 Likes

As is par for the course I can’t be of much help. Just wondering what defines a beginners RTA? Mounting the coil(s) on one is pretty straight forward and should be little to no difference from an RDA. Although I’ve seen some that require 3 hands and a double jointed screwdriver. Other than that I would imagine it comes down to wicking technique. Even with options like quadruple air flow or juice flow control, the learning curve is part of the fun.

6 Likes

I suggest keeping your research here (ELR) in the review section, and avoid other inferior web sites.

6 Likes

See, i haven’t had experience with an rda either. Currently I’m using an aero tank that takes supermesh coils premade coils. I’ve done a lot of research on wicking and coil placement so I guess what I’m asking is what is most user friendly? The creed is dual coil or single coil but only has two posts so both coils need to be installed simultaniously. Which is doable for me. On that note I’m wondering if overlapping the wires in the post is okay as long as its tight enough to prevent shorting between the wires or if I need the legs parallel in the post.

5 Likes

The more I think about it they would be more likely to short being parallel than overlapped because parallel could potentially create a slight gap and it would be like pulling teeth to get them to be parallel.

4 Likes

And shorting might not even be something to worry about and I’m just overthinking. Lmao keep that in mind.

6 Likes

Since you’ve had no experience building your own coils, I would recommend a single coil RDA or RTA to get your feet wet. Most RTA nowdays work great and rival dual coil setups. As @TorturedZen stated, the trick is going to be in the wicking. Look at some of the reviews on youtube to see what may work for you that isn’t a pain to wick.

7 Likes

The creed seems really easy to wick and comes with an adaptor that allows it to be single coil without dumping juice into the empty space where the second wick should be. I keep looking at rtas and I keep coming back to the creed. I’m so indecisive though. Lol

6 Likes

I’ve watched about 6 or 7 people build and review the creed. Its just the two posts and overlapping legs that are a tiny bit worrying.

5 Likes

Sounds like you need to bite the bullit and buy it. Just follow your favorite reviewer as they build on it and follow them along. Build it in single mode first. It’ll be easier and shouldn’t provide that much frustration off the bat. Pay attention to the wicking method used or you could end up with a mess or choking the juice flow.
And wash it first. You don’t want to taste machine oil.

7 Likes

I’ll do that then. They’re affordable enough I could always grab another rta if i don’t like it. Should I be worried about overlapping legs when I do go to do a dual coil build? Or does it matter as long as its tight enough and they have good contact?

6 Likes

Aliens do have superior intelligence @CosmicTruth.

7 Likes

Good stuff @Lostmarbles.

6 Likes

I might suggest: be sure you have better tools than the little wrench supplied with most RTA’s, and read reviews, watch youtubes and ask around, I’ve spent thousands just a little at a time. For just a little more you can get a zeus, TAF single/dual coil, and it looks like a great deck that even I could build on.
https://www.geekvape.com/atomizer/rta/dtl/420.html

5 Likes

Get the Steamcrave Aromamizer Plus V2 deluxe kit, order directly from Steamcrave and add the velocity deck and the single coil deck. You will have great vape, tons of fun, and you will learn alot. Your world will be new and you will be in love.:heart_eyes:

10 Likes
7 Likes

What Lostmarbles said ^^^^ :100: %

This is what I did for my first RTA, no RDA first & following along with a vid. Easy Peasy!!

Why I waited so long I do not know??
Yes I do, I was scared if f**ing it up.

I built on the (regulated) mod also, no Ohms tester.
Just make sure your mod is turned off while you build :wink:

8 Likes