Diablo Styled RTA Thoughts and Review

Never had the original but might try the v2.

1 Like

I am dying to try the real Diablo after trying these tanks. I bet the quality is really good on the Authentic ones. They are very hard to find though. I found their Facebook page. But no links to distributors. I have found a couple sites that sell El Diablo stuff. But they are very pricey. And no 5ml tanks anywhere that I see.

Here is the 2.5ml version. I cannot find the 5ml version.
http://www.2vapedx.com/products/diablo-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-by-el-diablo-philippines?variant=13696965123
Baal V2 RDA
https://www.subtanksupply.com/el-diablo/baal-v2-atty-by-el-diablo.html
Succubus RDA
https://www.subtanksupply.com/succubus-rda-el-diablo-phillippines.html

El Diablo makes some very nice stuff. I have seen some of it first hand. But I never can find the actual item I want when I go to look for it.

Yeah man, I saw something about it last week but I must have been drunk or something. I remember seeing it was top fill and wanted to post something here but then I must have blanked out. Yeah they do have the Mojito figured out down there! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dragonsdenvapor.com
Only place Iā€™ve seen that has em in 5mlā€¦and Iā€™ve given it some thought as well. Think ima wait a bit first, see if a clone comes out first. If not, then Iā€™ll be making the purchase on a 5

1 Like

Frustratedā€¦ Got my diablo tank and at my wits end tryiing to get it to go
back together properly. I made a dual set of coils with 24g Ti 8 wraps 3mm dia
and it shows at 0.12 ohms . Greatā€¦ then I put it together, fill the tank and it
shows atomizer low ā€¦ grrrrrrrrrrr. take it apart and all my juice is wasted
cuz I guess I know not what the heck Iā€™m doing.

Iā€™m gonna try one more time, but then Iā€™ll probably give up and give this thing
away. Dangit. I love the look of this thing.

8 wraps at 3mm would be a tough fit. Do you mean 8.5 wraps? Or 7.5 wraps? Show me a pic of the coil. Because at 6.5 wraps mine was tough to get it to fit, even with the wraps squeezed very close together. I did manage to get a 3.5mm wrap to work, but it is so close to the chimney I bet you could barely get a sheet of paper between the coil and chimney. 3.0mm was still a tad bit difficult, but it will go. You have to keep the coils very close to the posts, and very tightly wrapped. Itā€™s times like these I use a .108" gage pin, which is right at 2.75mm.

2 Likes

Why not just rebuild with 2.5mm ID and make 100% sure the coil doesnā€™t ground out? As @LordVapor says, 3mm is still tight so make it easier on yourself so at least youā€™re vaping on it. Depending on the mod, a shorted coil can cause the mod to read ā€œatomizer lowā€

1 Like

Yeah, donā€™t give up on it. You just need to get the coil away from the chimney. Squeeze the coils together so there is barely a gap between them. And it sounds like you have at least one, maybe two extra coils in there. My second coil came out to .053ohm. It is perfect on my iPV D3 at 75J. It hitā€™s like a dream I tell ya. If you canā€™t get it Alisa, I would be happy to make some coils and send your way. I can build them right on the deck and pull them out so all you have to do is install them and do some fine tuning.

If you look at my first post and look at the coils, you see 7 wires. That means 6.5 wraps. If you see more than that you have too many wraps, which would explain your ohms being higher also. A 2.5mm build should fit in there easily.

Oh, and before you fill, wet the heck out of the coils after installing the chimney. Then assemble the tank, but donā€™t fill it. Give it a few test fires to make sure everything is working properly before you fill it.

2 Likes

I got it working last night. After pulling it apart, I just adjusted those coils up a bit and squeezed them together better, rewicked it and all is ok now. It works. Iā€™m not ecstatic over the vapor production, but it works and thatā€™s something! :slightly_smiling: Thanks for the inspiration guys.

2 Likes

La la la la la la - I am so happy!

1 Like

I went to ā€œlikeā€ this comment, then read the edited portionā€¦you referencing the video??

1 Like

Yes. I was referring to the vid. There are way to many gender specific refereces to womenā€™s body parts or women in general in vaping videos coming from men and it needs to just stop. Itā€™s disrespectful to women. Vaping or vaping parts canā€™t be compared to a womanā€™s body. Rip Trippers started the mess and the others followed suit. What these guys donā€™t realize is that their daughters are going to someday watch these vids and see daddy talking about women in a very objectifying way. It needs to stop.

1 Like

It would be nice to see some women reviewers. I also agree with you. But this is the internet where anyone can write down or video tape anything they want. I wouldnā€™t get riled up about any particular idiotā€™s ranting. Daughterā€™s, wives, mothers. . .I sure wouldnā€™t want mine to see me behaving that way, but getting upset about it us not terribly productive IMO as you have zero power to change the behavior of even a single moron. Iā€™d love to see your energy channeled into your own reviews or maybe collecting reviews that meet your standards and then re-posting them though.

I cant even get through one of that idiots reviews, and I am interested in that tank. . .but I definitely do not care what beer he is drinking. Perhaps he just has a very limited vocabulary. In any event, I watched a few minutes(it was all I could take) and will look elsewhere.

2 Likes

Thanx for your reply. Iā€™ve been thinking about doing a review. You seem like a strong, smart, sensitive, man that I would like to see a review from as well.

I gotta say, that last part made me laugh out loud, and I NEVER do that, lolā€¦

2 Likes

Here ya go

2 Likes

Ever notice how television commercials make men out to be complete idiots? It seems most of the time when a commercial has men in a social situation with women, they are portrayed a clumsy, ignorant, lazy, submissive, or a combination of these things. But whereā€™s our advocate? :slight_smile:

Back to the topic. @LordVapor how is this tank holding up for you? Are you still enjoying it and does it get a lot of use? Iā€™m thinking of getting a couple new mods - maybe the Cuboid - and would probably get new toppers for them. Lemme know.

2 Likes

Both of these Diablos see daily use. One goes to work with me daily and my TFV4 sits on my desk looking at me like a lonely puppy. I wish they had just a tad more air-flow. But itā€™s not enough of a problem that I donā€™t use them more than any other tank now. And if it were it would be easy to open that up a bit with a light bit of grinding or machining.

This is sad to think that a tank that cost $12.00 has taken the lead of all the tanks I own. It may not be for everyone. But it is the exact tank I would want if I had to buy my first tank all over again. @SthrnMixer, I really think you will work your magic with this tank and fall in love with it. I have rebuilt both of them twice. My ā€œmostly silverā€ tank somehow came out to .1 ohm the second time I built it. I must not have gotten everything as tight on the wraps or somethingā€¦ But it still hits great and has great flavor.

The flavor is amazing. Like I said, they remind me of a beefed up Goblin Mini. They have never leaked. Not a single drop, except for once when I started filling one and started watching a video @daath posted and forgot to put the top on. It was running down my elbow before I noticed it.

Vapor production for me is great. I think having the two tanks showed me the slight difference in each build and I was able to capitalize on that and make fine adjustments to my coils and wicks to get the most out of them. I will be posting some more info on this some day soon.

2 Likes

She gave a really polished and edited review and didnā€™t seem like some of these slobs. Now, I wonā€™t go into her appearance because. . .I donā€™t want to prove @Whiterose0818 right in the thread. Can I say that I am a fan of pretty girls? Women?

Thanks for the compliment @Jamie3. . .Iā€™m pretty much a pig though. Iā€™m pretty convinced at this point that women are generally superior to men and evolution will eventually remove the Y chromosome from the gene pool. That said, doing your review in a ā€œboobie shirtā€ is going to be commented upon AND Iā€™d even wager it was done for some reason. . .it was probably laundry day is my guess.

Seriously though, I appreciated the editing. Thanks @LordVapor .

2 Likes

i feel like i owe this to you guys:
when i first received this tank, i put my very first rayon wick inside this thing. i put in WAYYYY too much and all i got was dry hit after dry hit. so, in frustration, i set it aside and just about forgot about it. last night i was putting a package of assorted wicking materials together for our very own @therabidweasel when i spied this little devil of a tank again. well, i have since pretty much mastered wicking with rayon, so i yanked out the ultra jam packed rayon i originally put in there, rewicked it properly and i have not been able to put it down since! this is a FABULOUS tank! i have a 22g Ti, i think its 6.5 wraps on a 2.5 ID coming in at 0.06 ohmsā€¦running it on my ipv4s at 103J and this thing is fucking awesome! excellent flavor, huge clouds and i just ordered 2 more at $11 apiece!
so if anyone needs an opinion, or another opinion, i should say, @LordVapor is absolutely correct: this thing rocks!!! and only $11!!!

note: i cant wait til my authentic Diablo 5ml gets here!!! oh yes i did!

3 Likes