Did you catch the FA bargain at Nicotine River?

Got mine today. Ordered on the 19th
Got a card telling about there process and a sticker.:grinning:
Iā€™m not liking the bottles, will need to transfer to something different.

Not a fan of the bottles either. Good thing 90% of the flavors I ordered were replacements so I can just refill the drip bottles. Bit of a dragā€¦

Only one of mine was a replacement. Time to order some bottles.

Ordered on the 21st and received today. Was expecting dripper bottles but I can just transfer them.

2 Likes

Bargain? Maybe not.

I started transferring my flavors into 30ml PET bottles. First one, Banana, hereā€™s what I found -

So I transferred to a beaker. 51ml. Whaaaat!!!. I mean a ml here or there, fine, but 9ml?

I couldnā€™t see transferring them all to a beaker and then to the bottles. Too much waste as some clings to the beaker walls. So I just choked it down and transferred the rest. My secondary bottles ended up like this - fairly consistent discrepancies -

So if 9ml is the average discrepancy then Nicotine River owes me 72ml of flavoring! Holy Shit!

Iā€™ve already sent them an email. I strongly suggest you guys do the same, sending to grant@nicotineriver.com.

Oh by the way, the bottles they sent out are indeed 60ml bottles. Exactly. You need to fill them to the brim to get 60ml so Iā€™m hoping this was just a dumbass oversight on their part. If anyone emails them and gets a reply please PM me. Otherwise when I get a reply Iā€™ll post it here. @daath or @jojo I didnā€™t know if you would want me to make this a new thread so if you create one and move this I get it.

6 Likes

Man! WTF!? That is some serious BS, and those are the worst bottles Iā€™ve yet seen. Well, ECX, here I come.

I have half a mind to just refuse the shipment based on this. Please keep us updated.

Bargain pricing or not when a company rips you off like this I for one will not deal with them.

I almost ordered from them until I got to the shipping price part at check out and decided to hold off since there shipping price was so high. Glad I held off now cause I would be PISSED about this.

1 Like

OK quickly please, for anyone that has received a shipment. Did you get a shipping notice? TIA.

I ordered quite a number of flavors, so at this rate I could be short 100ml or more easily.

This is pretty upsetting. I emailed about my order, which hasnā€™t been fulfilled yet, and Grant said that the delay was due to shipping delays with USPS and Fed Ex.

@SthrnMixer have you received a response yet? Like you, I could almost see a small discrepancy as an acceptable accident, but this is unreasonable. At 9ml each, for about every 7 bottles, youā€™d be missing an entire bottle.

Iā€™m sorely tempted to cancel my order, especially since it hasnā€™t even been fulfilled yet.

MedicineFlower, NicotineRiverā€¦whoā€™s next??
I see us checking everybody from now on, fer real

I ordered some 150ml bottlesā€¦Iā€™ll check those when I get a momentā€¦of course, results will be posted

1 Like

I received a response with a heartfelt apology and a remedy, but also the request not to spread the info around the internet. Ok, so itā€™s out here but maybe thereā€™s no need for it to leave ELR. He said the bottles are hand poured, that they are new to the flavoring side of the business, and that they would never intentionally try to profit off of shorting customers like this. I wonder if they have just never checked what 60ml is in the 60ml bottles they use.

I have to believe them about not intentionally trying to cheat because you know in the vaping game, news travels fast. So if they were trying to screw people over intentionally I think they would have maybe put them in a bottle where we would just use direct from the bottleā€¦something with a drip tip, rather than something they KNOW we would transfer .

Be that as it may, I will ask everyone to understand, unlike the medicine flower situation, Grant seems genuinely interested in making things right so please deal with him and keep it civil. I believe everyone will get treated fairly.

7 Likes

Very well put, my brotherā€¦
How does he suggest we handle it on an individual basis? Email him after we measure?

1 Like

Heā€™s definitely tryingā€¦my order came in and my free gallon of VG was missingā€¦after an email sent to him, I received an apology and the promise of 2 gallons

1 Like

I would say email Grant directly. Explain if you have a shortage and tell him how much you feel you were slighted. Heā€™s obviously got a situation on his hands and feels vulnerableā€¦my heart goes out to him because I feel this was an honest mistake but there are plenty of vultures out there who have no compassion. Iā€™m not talking to or about any one person(s) just generally. For those of us who are business owners, we know how hard it is even when everything is going smoothly.

When all this is said and done, and everyone has been satisfied, I will continue to do business with the man because he didnā€™t try to BS me at all.

4 Likes

Itā€™s good to hear that heā€™s handling the situation well. I havenā€™t emailed about it yet, as I was waiting to hear the response you received. Iā€™ll check my bottles when they get here and email then if theyā€™re significantly off.

A simple solution would be to sell it as 50ml rather than 60. At least until other bottles that actually can hold 60 mls are obtained.

3 Likes

I feel you on thisā€¦I own a business, as well, and its hard sometimes when youā€™re doing the best you can to run a solid business and something like this happensā€¦then you find yourself tryna separate the vultures from honest folkā€¦
Heā€™s been nothing but stand-up solid with me and ive done, and will continue to do, what I can to at least give him a fair shot at itā€¦heā€™s got my business, as well

2 Likes

Wow I donā€™t have any bottles to transfer into but I have tons of syringes. Would never have noticed if it was short or not.

1 Like

I emailed him to check the status of my order. Even with the holiday itā€™s a longish wait. I understand hiccups and know they can be major pain points for a small business. It seems that I am always the one hiccupped upon, but whatever.

Anyway, if homeboy gets his S wired together and can get some more flavors in I will buy even more on this order because I know he has some religion now. But if I donā€™t get some form of correspondence, well, Iā€™m out of flavors and he has a lot of competition.

Thing is, I think most of these places are pretty much flying by the seats of their pants. Thatā€™s fine, been there done that and as long as you communicate and respect that you are putting me out, Iā€™ll respect right back.

I finished that last sentence and Grant called my cell, apparently while travelling and said he would fix me up right about now. Alright, thatā€™s cool. This guy is everything medicine flower is not.

1 Like

OK, everybody, I am very pleased to report that the 150ml bottles checked out rightā€¦150ml on the buttonā€¦the 60ā€™s, however, well, we know what they came out toā€¦

1 Like