DIY Hand Sanitizer/Disinfectant: A little extra for these virus-crazed times

I created a dedicated page to help you make your own DIY Hand Sanitizer/Disinfectant.
It’s very simple - I hope you can use it :slight_smile:

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/handsanitizer

Lars

EDIT: I was contacted a couple of times because some people couldn’t get their hands on that high % alcohol. I updated the page to accept lower strength alcohol, but not so low as to go below 60% alcohol for the final product.

23 Likes

This topic will automatically close in 7 days.

Just don’t delete it!

BTW… thanks a mil

7 Likes

Does anyone use flavor in their DIY sanitizer?
And if which flavor and how much?

Let’s hear about it and get some good ideas :v:t2:

2 Likes

I did one small batch with menthol and lemon … Didn’t like it. Also did one with lemon - it was better, but reminded me of a cheap vodka :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Did one with a little peach - it was OK. I might experiment a bit more when I make more, or I just might leave it out - not sure yet :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I did flv pineapple… but I can not wear it out to the paint shops…
Old men hit on me when I do that… :crazy_face:

5 Likes

As for how much - you just need to experiment yourself - Add it little by little, shake, test, add :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What ever you do, do not try the lick test on this! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I use grain alcohol the lick test is the best part lol

3 Likes

LOL and after ur test ur batch is gone :rofl:

3 Likes

or i am on the floor passed out haha

3 Likes

No more bad breath :exploding_head::joy:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

I was contacted a couple of times because some people couldn’t get their hands on that high % alcohol. I updated the page to accept lower strength alcohol, but not so low as to go below 60% alcohol for the final product.

7 Likes

What if i dont have hydrogen peroxide? I have 92% rubbing alcohol, though…?

4 Likes

My suggestion is to just substitute the hydrogen peroxide with distilled water :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks! :+1::smile:

5 Likes

So, I figured it would be pretty watery with such a low percentage of VG, but is it supposed to be THIS watery…?

I mean it is literally like water

How is this different from just pouring alcohol onto my hands and rubbing it in…?:joy:

No hate, I’m just wondering if it’s worth it to keep mixing this, you know?

Alcohol is pretty cheap, for the moment, and if it doesn’t make a difference, I’ll just carry a squeeze bottle of alcohol around, instead…?

4 Likes

The VG is not to make it thicker, but rather to protect your hands from drying out - it is very watery regardless of how you make it. If you want it thicker, you could experiment with replacing the water with 99% pure aloe vera gel :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Good idea!! I’ll give that a try. Do you think aftersun aloe stuff would be an acceptable substitute?

4 Likes