DIYFS Holy Vanilla V1 vs. DIYFS Holy Resurrection

I have to sub/use DIYFS Holy Resurrection instead of DIYFS Holy Vanilla V1.
My recipe calls for 1.5% DIYFS Holy Vanilla V1. How much of DIYFS Holy Resurrection i have to use for it?
Same amount? Anyone have experience for that?
And is it also good like the V1?

4 Likes

Darn, I thought you were about to tell us it was a good substitute. I have to do the same thing and I am wondering the same thing. LOL

I have a friend that said Vanilla Overload by Gremlin diy is a decent substitute.

4 Likes

I couldn’t do a direct comparison but I subbed V1 with holy resurrection and I like it. It’s slightly different (i think, there was some time between the 2). However, I could taste and smell a difference between V1 and V2 and preferred V1. But it’s pricey, at least here in the UK. Pretty much 3 times of any Capella or TPA or most of the others.
And you never know if it’s still available tomorrow. I’m still looking for a replacement from a more reliable manufacturer.

6 Likes

I bought my ones is UK, by chefsflavours and its round the dopple of the price. 2.99 Pounds.
I was in love with the V1 very much. Can i sub it 1:1 in amount?

4 Likes

I heard alot about Vanilla Overload by Gremlin, but its difficult to get, here in Germany/Europe :frowning:

3 Likes

Well, I have subbed it 1:1 and I really like it. There was some time in between the different mixes but I will try it in another recipe also 1:1, I can’t really see a reason to change the percentage. I’ve tried it with one Custard recipe only so far.

4 Likes

I will start with the same amount. If its to week, to add is not to hard. Thanks.

4 Likes

The average in mix is 2% in the notes section.

5 Likes

The only sticking point with Overload is that it requires a longer steep period than Holy/Resurrection.

5 Likes

Maybe this thread will help out.

4 Likes

Dawn from DIYFS came on to answer everyone’s questions. I was trying to find that thread but don’t have time now. But I would search for that. Maybe in the vendor threads?

5 Likes

I found that a slight bump worked for me just fine. Add on 25% and give it a try.

4 Likes

Graham Digital Drops mentioned that in order to “fix” V2 you need to add LA Cream Cheese Icing. I thought that was interesting as I am being presumptuous in thinking you are trying to mix Yellow Matter Custard which also contains LA CCI. This “may” be why the recipe works well. Maybe adding a touch more LA CCI to it could help. I do not have V2 or Resurrection so I can not help with testing.

7 Likes

I think Rich would ship some to you, just unsure of the cost. Luckily his one shots are far from expensive

2 Likes

Thanks a LOT for this @lukeloop as I had not heard that prior. I still have a good stash of the V1, but, as they say, nothing lasts forever. I would never have thought to add CCI. Thanks again mate.

3 Likes

LOL nice dig. If you find it, I hope you let us know.

3 Likes

What you mean exactly, with “to fix V2”?

4 Likes

What that means exactly? What does this fixing, the taste?

4 Likes

Version 1 and Holy Ressurection are no longer made due to a supply issue with a component no longer being available. It has been suggested that adding LA cci MIGHT be a solution to fixing it. The missing component was 5% of the flavor so it is not exactly the same anymore.

5 Likes

LA CCI can pretty much fix anything LOL

7 Likes