Doug Has Questions

@Caped_Conspirathist I’m not trying to lump on here, but this is EXACTLY right.

LET us help you brother. Let ME help you.

JUST got home, am going to RE-read ALL ^^^^ of your posts. We NEED to get you solidly on square ONE. Not two, not three, not seventeen, but square one.

1 Like

You run one of those 900 lines or something? Hubba hubba!!!

6 Likes

19.99 a minuet :wink:

he is fine… and understands now… I hope… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well, I think I’ll wait until he posts a little bit more to determine that… :full_moon_with_face:

7 Likes

@Caped_Conspirathist can you post one recipe you like, and/or are going to mix up ?

2 Likes

tart cherry. capella that’s it. I’m out of bottles though.

2 Likes

Wait, what do you mean, you are soloing CAP Tart Cherry ?
I wanted to see an actual recipe you have mixed and was too strong, or one you want to mix, so I can see what you are mixing.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing, because these are two contrary statements:

2 Likes

the one I also worked on was blackberry (cap) and concord grape. both were at .80g for 10 ml.

.810=8
10=8
16/100=16%
It was also to strong.

2 Likes

Well @anon70102222 you probably see what I’m trying to dig into here, as thus far, haven’t been any specifics which makes this maddening.

I’m getting that he had one (??) flavor that was presenting as chemical, he tried to adjust (??) something else went wrong (??), he has ??? ml of wasted juice thus far ??

I can’t tell.

I mean, I just want him (if HE wants to), to just go step by step, tare the scale, pick a recipe, weight out the N/P/V, add the flavors, and make sure he’s got that right. Steep it, vape it, etc.

I really can’t re-read all the ^^^^ again, it’s a hodge podge of all over the place. He was trying to fix/correct mixes on the fly after they were already weighed out ??

2 Likes

@Caped_Conspirathist

Doug, doug doug !!! WAIT, what ?? !!!

I don’t know what the above text represents, but please give the recipe brother. I’m having a hard time following you here.

You mixed 0.8g of CAP Blackberry, and CAP Concord Grape ?? Do me a favor. SAVE whatever you’re working on as a Recipe, and post it here.

2 Likes

@Caped_Conspirathist I mean like this. Is this what you were mixing ?

Just so you’re typing so that we can understand you. In the above recipe, you could say, you mixed 0.8% CAP Blackberry, and 0.8% CAP Concord Grape. Now THAT is something we can at least understand. Nothing wrong with grams, but when we’re trying to understand, or SEE, what you’re doing, that’s how most of us talk. Then we’ll be better able to understand, and help.

1 Like

My notes got destroyed by water

That’s what I had. I did my best to convert 1ml to g. Then multiplied g*8. I think the specific gravity for the blackberry was1.042. the specific gravity for grape is 1.058.

100ml base
1.0428= 8.336g
8= 8.464g
total = 16.8g

I had to weigh 1ml of blackberry to get its specific gravity.

2 Likes

Doug at this stage FORGET specific gravity it is just confusing you use an sg of 1 for everything except your VG

3 Likes

@Caped_Conspirathist, I have no clue why you’re doing all that, and converting, you don’t have to, and I think you’re making it worse. Look at what I posted .08%, YOU posted you used 8%. HUGE difference.

You’ve almost or more than doubled what most people are using those two flavors at.

I hate to say this brother, but you really have to stop converting, trying to figure out specific gravities, you’re getting all screwed up.

As posted above, ALL you have to do, is create a new recipe, ADD the flavors (choose the correct one from the drop down) and put in whatever percentage (or grams) you want, then do the same for the NEXT flavor and so on. You don’t need to convert, multiply, decipher specific gravities, NOTHING.

Just ADD the flavors, choose your amount, and save it.

2 Likes

well, if you see, for a 10ml solution .8ml was used for each. to get grams you have to multiply 1 * sg to get the weight of each to measure it.
Since I had to multiply by 10 to get 100 ml’s I had to multiply each *10.

what’s the scale for in this mix? there is no weight given. I might as well just gone back to the needles again. The scale was a waste of time for this mix. A total waste.

2 Likes

STOP right there. STOP.

NO YOU DON’T.

3 Likes

@Caped_Conspirathist please look at my recipe.

You see the GRAMS column ?? It’s THERE brother. You don’t need to convert, figure, calculate ANYTHING !!!

You see, the ml column, then the GRAMS column, then the % column.

2 Likes

I don’t think @anon84779643 cleared this up.

3 Likes

Doug do me a favour and adapt the recipe
Click on the blue wrench
Click on Adapt
Change the amount to the amount you want to make say 10ml)
click on save

there is the recipe for 10 ml

Now most people will tell you that 8% of each of those concentrates is going to be too much and it likely will be since devices have changed since 2016 when it was first made.

I would try cutting all the % in you adapted recipe by half
to do this click on the blue wrench on your freshly adapted recipe and click edit
alter the % as required then save.

3 Likes