Doug Has Questions

Thanks @delltrapp for the idea!
I have honeysuckle to but OMG that’s so sweet!!! If I need to sweeten a tart flavor up, I know what to turn to lol. I’m gonna try banana on its own. I want to see what the flavor is like. I might mix it with a berry flavor later to tame the berry but still taste the banana. I have looked at the cremes. I’m on a quest for fruit! lmao. Possibly double watermelon banana? I’ll find a way to incorporate it. It will be fun, that’s for sure!

6 Likes

Bloomberg has sunk 160 million dollars into the abc organizations funds to destroy vaping. They lose money when you don’t smoke and get ill and die from cancer, or need long term medication, or stop buying their death sticks. Our government has taken out loans against the Master Settlement agreement and will go bankrupt if tobacco sales do not add up to what they need them too … basically they will do whatever it takes to keep you smoking or dependent on failing pharmaceutical products that will eventually lead you back to smoking.

6 Likes

@authormichellehughes
I’ll import the stuff from other countries. It’s the only way if they win in the US.

5 Likes

I doubt you’ll have to. There are already plans in place and that’s all I’m saying.

5 Likes

@authormichellehughes
That’s AWESOME!!! shame it will have to resort to that… I still don’t think kids are getting hold of the expensive mods and tanks. JMHO but they are seriously expensive!

5 Likes

they’ve already limited sales to 21+ anything else they do is a violation of our rights as adults to choose

5 Likes

@Caped_Conspirathist hey and welcome friend

5 Likes

1. Cinnamon

2. Vanilla

3. Buttered Popcorn

4. Strawberry & Banana

5. Creamy Flavors

6. Mint (Menthol)

7. Complex Flavors

What’s left ???

4 Likes

Tobacco? :rofl:
it’s easy to see the agenda…

8 Likes

“Big tobacco” is about to release a product and they want to own the market for it. It’s not much different than Juuls. I don’t think they can get flavors right so they have Mike Bloomberg pushing this like mad. At this point it becomes political and I don’t want to offend anyone. I’ve been told here that the website I posted was propaganda. That’s what America is coming to. It looks a lot like Germany in 1934-35. You can email Judiciary “at” dccouncil “dot” us but that only effects DC. I don’t know who you can email or call accept your state senators and representatives.

It’s worth the time for you to do that though. Look them up… email them the same thing everyday. Get others you know to do the same.

5 Likes

You talking about this?

It’s not really new to be honest, perhaps to the US market but they’ve had trials in other countries for a while now. In Japan it’s supposed to be big.

This presentation was 2 years ago…

6 Likes

JEEZ! They lay it on thick on there don’t they?

5 Likes

That’s it. That’s the product. It’ll be new in the US. It’s a hazard of it getting into kids hands and should be severely stressed to whoever is conducting all this turmoil. I noticed NY limits it to menthol and tobacco flavored. It’s devices like these that kids are getting their hands on if anything.

4 Likes

Did you watch any of the posted videos?
Harsh language really isn’t going to change the facts. Is it “healthy”? No. Is it a hazard therefore? No.

The thing that is often looked over in this debate is that kids naturally gravitate to dangerous things, exploring their limits, doing the things that are forbidden. That includes smoking, taking drugs (including alcohol), dangerous sports and other adrenaline pumping activities.
Give these kids less damaging alternatives and the hazard suddenly turns into harm reduction, just like it does for all the adults that are addicted to the lethal/legal options on the market. Vaping is probably a little better than heat-not-burn alternatives but I support both technologies if it helps people to quit smoking or prevents them from smoking if they do feel the need to inhale anything other than fresh air.

9 Likes

I’m still waiting for someone to call me a “hypocrite” for saying, “If they’re going to ban something then ban Juul pods or E-cigs”. Will you read my expanation???

Explanation:
I was at one of the vape shops in my area. I noticed one stopped selling the little devices. I asked “what happened? you’re not selling any of them anymore?” The owner AND the manager told me the same thing I’d experienced with them. They scorched our tongues and the roofs of our mouths so bad we could hardly eat for a week… NOW READ FURTHER!

Did you know that if you modify something and rebrand it, It’s not banned anymore? If these things are hurting people (I already met 2 running a vape shop), make them better. It’s that simple. Make them MUCH better. The vaping community has been doing that for years (or so I hope?). I say let’s take the technology that’s in use now and make it better. My mod and tank doesn’t do that. Maybe its the nicotine content? better vaporization?
Whatever it is, let’s find out and improve it. It’s doable. Then rebrand it. “They aren’t E-cigs! they don’t burn anything. They’re Mini Vapes. They’re much safer than E-cigs” Then explain the newer technology.
They’re improving mods and tanks all the time (at least I hope so). Continue that. Why not? The safer they are, the better they are… Exactly! Their safer and better.

So, I’m not completely tossing a product under the bus. We’re gonna have to toss something though ( I know, you like 'em. Make them better). What if they were made safer? less nicotine to prevent scorched hard palettes and blisters from touching the juice?
Better batteries, better monitoring technologies, better pods… pick a “better” and do it. People will bash me for saying “ban them”. Well, ok… we’re banning this first type. If we make an improved type, rebrand it, then it’s not these things anymore.

I expected a lot more out of what I got. A lot of people who I know vape did too. Improvements are being made every day but clearing the stigma by making better and rebranding sure beats losing the idea. “Pods” go away. “Disposable tanks” step in. (yeah, yeah… they’ll still be branded as…) You know, there’s a HUGE difference between a jet and a bi-plane. They both are still called planes… but a E-cig is an E-cig… I beg to differ… My mod and tank aren’t a Juul type device. Don’t compare the two. They’re totally different. A car isn’t a truck. Both can carry people but combine them and they become an SUV… still not a car.

But don’t they do the same thing? I bet you’ll all argue that the vehicles are different because… because… because… but a vape is a vape… “Nope…I beg to differ”.

5 Likes

I’ll be the last one to say so. I have my ideal setup because I like it that way and even if you just give me a different coil (same type, different metal or same metal different type) I’ll notice something’s off.
But, people are so vastly different and it’s not because something doesn’t work for you that it doesn’t work for someone else.

When I started vaping, I actually wanted/needed a subohm device but the shop insisted me getting a MTL device because “that’s what beginners use”. It did get me off tobacco (with a bit of will power) but within a month I did some research my first subohm was in the mail.
Some people need nic salts, others don’t like it. Some people want or need a high PG juice, others go Max VG. Whatever is needed to get you off the cigs should be on the market but I think shops should have better sales people to get everyone a device that’s right for them. And if that’s a Juul, so be it. Marketing and such must be regulated, shops can’t sell to minors (same rules for tobacco) but otherwise, please keep the market open so every smoker can find a way away from tobacco.

6 Likes

@Caped_Conspirathist well THAT certainly is of concern !!! Don’t think I’ve ever had THAT experience with anything I’ve vaped on.

4 Likes

If one did that… it becomes a new vape product, yes, but then you have to fill out the paper work and techy… there is no more new juice, or mods… I don’t have the exact date, but picture this:

even the wickings we use… Are Tobaco Products…

Everyone asked for regs… and this is the result we have to work with.

Eventually they will come for our mods, just like there isnt supposed to be any new juices…

5 Likes

@anon84779643 The honest truth is, this is the beginning of more than going after vapes alone. I noticed you used in the sentence “Eventually they will come for our mods”. It’s beginning to sound familiar about more and more things.
They’re gonna get their “pound of flesh” out of this some way. We’re going to have to toss something under the bus for now because there aren’t enough people vaping to make a difference — That or start emailing our Representatives and Senators. When they get to roughly 10% of negativity they start listening.

Am I against the current technology on the Juul pod systems, somewhat. I’d like to see improvements in the design. Do I actually want a ban? No. It should be an individual’s choice.

Here’s the operative question… Are we going to email our Reps and Senators? Will you (everyone) take the time to do it? Find out who they are in your district… Get their email… Then send a kind email. I just got a response from mine on Friday.

4 Likes

Here is the issue… a lot of vapers do not do any social media. why, who knows? A lot use it as the tool its intended for. I can count on hands and toes how many have done just that. Used vaping to quit smoking and then walked away from vaping as it served its use. I have yet to hear anyone that quit vaping started smoking again.

Most just do not care enough to really look at the situation and make a stand for new vapers.

Sad but very true.

We have in office those we put into place… If they do not do their jobs, its our job to “fire” them… again… comes in many flavors… most vote for party when it should be the best man or woman for the job.

Too many again, dont care, as long as they can get their free crap.

4 Likes