Downgrading Schmuck Alert!

I’m confused as to why he choose a sucky recipe to downgrade. I had already admitted it was a failure.

2 Likes

Only thing I can think of is the fact that if you accidently click on a star then you’re stuck with it. As far as I know ELR has no way to back out of a accidental rating. I have done it on my own recipes and I’m sure now and then others accidently click on a star. It happens…

3 Likes

This would be a good reason not to give this issue another thought:

Two published recipes…come now. Not even worth your time or effort to wonder about it. :smirk: And have you looked at those recipes…:scream::confounded:

5 Likes

Chalk it up to inexperience on both points. Thanks guys. I was confused but that clears things up.

I’ve been there. Good thing you guys were patient with me.

6 Likes

It was a pleasure !!!

4 Likes

He’s (or she’s) a smeghead.

3 Likes

One thing I would like to say is how there are tons more signed up on the calculator than participate here on the forum. And that’s not a bad thing. There are some real crappy personalities that could be bombing the forum and for evidence of that just look at the comments on cutwoodspy’s Unicorn Milk. I wanted to leave a comment but I refuse to associate myself with that rabble.

242 comments and counting - and half of those are just jackass comments. I’m willing to bet the lowball schmuck is in there somewhere :slight_smile:

8 Likes

No kidding! :poop:

I’ve thought the same thing myself at times! Who’d want some of those snarky and hate filled individuals to deal with on the forum. I have a feeling it is know in the vaping community that we here, at ELR, don’t go for shenanigans that cause strife in the community.

6 Likes

Looking at the fact they only have 2 recipes published … ( and don’t seem to know to read the notes ) they must not be experienced and made it not knowing it was a WIP ( or better yet they don’t know what that means ) I had a similar issue with one of mine; stated it was good but it’s a steeper at least a month and then it got rated the same night ? SMH must not of read our notes.

Or they’re both schmuck’s that don’t know how to come up with an original idea so they feel they have to poop on other’s ideas.

3 Likes

He made it, vaped it and rated in 30 minutes after I posted it. Either he’s a schmuck or he accidentally hit the rate button,

1 Like

I don’t think he accidentally rated it ( you know i’m teasing ) but he/she could of made it without reading the necessaries. I have ppl comment on the mix and I tell them often this needs 6-7 days they don’t read. IDK y it came out this way I changed this flavor for that and I add this instead of that … well your dumb and you suck you didn’t read nor did you make My recipe. erks me.

Vent over …it’s frustrating to get bad feedback I agree and over a mix that states Hey I’m not finished make at your own will but don’t be a butt nut and rate it once I say all these things that’s called being a D-bag.

2 Likes

Me too! … LOL :smile:

1 Like

On just about every recipe I make public, the first thing I say is something like:

2 week steep or
3 week steep or
4 week steep or
longer steep is better…

…just to give folks a heads up, if you want it to be good, ya gotta give it time!

1 Like

I do this Everytime I post one myself it doesn’t stop the dumbies in this World …nothing does. They’re multiplying I believe. lol I am in a rare erk’d mood. I should resolve to my bed for the remainder of the night, but I refuse. feet stomp.

1 Like

Although if and when I personally hit the 1 star on accident, I believe it’s common sense to just go back and rate it 4 (or how ever you want to) Instead of leaving it at 1 knowing that it is a downgrade, mistake or not, proving that you are indeed a schmuck

1 Like

If I rated a recipe one star and I believe there is one I did , I actually feel bad about that. I thought about remaking it bc taste changes over time.

1 Like

In my experience the majority of the people I see, (present forum regulars excluded), do not read the comments at all…just like you said @Jimk, for example I can put down

comments
~Steep~ 2 weeks minimum
After 2 weeks the flavor blah blah… This recipe you cannot sub flavors because flavor X brings a certain uniqueness to it and unfortunately you can’t lower % on flavor Y because it loses its blah blah…

@schmucks comments
2* I just made this last night using capella’s X, for flavor X, and it didn’t work for me, maybe I’m doing something wrong? is there a steep time??? Also I don’t like using flavor Y that low, can I raise it?

Unfortunately it is always going to happen… Just as I run into them on my day to day, I run into them on the interwebs :wink:

4 Likes

Sorry, I was saying when I accidentally hit others ratings. Which used to happen a lot on my phone, before lars moved the wrench further away :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is what I too was saying… you know they’re not reading when they come back with a post like that. Plain and simple ppl don’t read. I will keep putting down what needs to be mainly for myself for when I remake it, and for the small 1% that actually read a person’s thought and follow the dang recipe.

4 Likes

I had the exact opposite happening once though. I gave one of my recipes a low rating and said I would not make a recipe with that many flavours again etc etc and someone gave it 5 stars :grinning: Maybe it was my self-deprecation that got rated…

4 Likes