Drip tips and their influence on your vaping experience

After taming my RDAs/RTAs from the Coiling and Wicking side more or less on a beginners level
i am thinking about the role of drip tips in this game…

Until now my procedure was more or less to exchange the original RTA 510 DTs against

simply bc i did not feel comfortable with glass (strange feeling) and ss (cheese).

On the RDA side i saw lots of change using 810 vs 510 when an adaptor was included.

And of course there are more different types

Drip Tips - Aluminum
Drip Tips - Ceramic
Drip Tips - Glass
Drip Tips - Hybrid
Drip Tips - PMMA
Drip Tips - SS
Drip Tips - POM

not to forget wide bore, curved

and all the other varieties.

Last but not least how to measure your DT to select a fitting substitute and avoid gaps?

Thanks for your thoughts

10 Likes

I prefer 510 drip tips over 810, simply because of the feel. 810 drip tips feel like I’m trying to kiss the exhaust pipe of a Volkswagen. Of course, with the smaller diameter of the 510 comes a little more flavor as well, so…bonus!

I’ve become very partial to the resin tulip shaped variety from FT. The ones I prefer I can’t seem to find at the moment, but it’s the one on the right in the pic.

7 Likes

I prefer wide bore DTs, both for 810 and 510’s. I find the mouthfeel not quite satisfying on 510s. Of course athetics are everything so on some tanks and RDAs I have to use the smaller 510s or they just look weird. I don’t like glass, metal or ultem and prefer a swirly resin or solid black. I usually measure my favorites with calipers so I can get an idea of size before I order. Usually “Goon/Kennedy style” does it for me.

7 Likes

They definitely can affect the experience (but it also depends on the particular atty, as well as draw preference).

I’ll put a few clips here from some of my past posts…

And then read the entire post here:
(starting with the quote by SthrnMixer, and including links to the two available preferences)

9 Likes

My current favorite 510 tips. Medium bore and height. These in various colors are generally on my rtas.

6 Likes

I like thin and not too short 510 for flavour using my serpent SMM. I currently use stainless steel on but I preferred the similarly shaped plastic one.

5 Likes

I prefer a DT 18-22 mm. I tend to prefer a 510 but hate the bloody adapters. My favorites are hybrid stone and stainless, but will reduce myself to resin. I hate those short fat little tips, just makes things too hot.

5 Likes

I was in the 510 camp for a long time. Accumulated a shitload. Everything from tips with air flow control to the goose-neck DT’s that swiveled an’ shit. With the advent of the 810 it took me a minute to get used to the size, but luckily I adapted a wee bit better than @paingawd did. (Dude that was funny as hell BTW!) As of right now my preference is for thicker 810’s that have a slight taper inside going down to the top cap. And with enough height so I’m not sticking part of the atty in my mouth. Who the hell thought up those stubby tips anyway?

10 Likes

Can’t go too wrong from FastTech. Might like to read:

https://evcigarettes.com/angled-drip-tip-adapter-for-510-rbas-808d-1-901/

4 Likes

I use a 510 drip tip since I use restrictive DTL RTA’s. Right now my favorite is the drip tip that came with Aromamizer Lite. I’m not very picky about this, I guess.

5 Likes

I’m an MTL vaper, 510 drip tips with longer slender bore are always the best regardless of the material.
Now when it comes to material, PMMA and Delring are my favourites.
Least favoured are metal drip-tips.

4 Likes

I could give you a non PC answer but will refrain.

3 Likes

You have me at a loss.

3 Likes

These are perfect on my squonk set-ups; the splatter platter saves mouth from some serious burns. Now, if only I can avoid touching hot coils to my hand!! Done that 2x in a month!!
6 Likes

That’s good. It lessens my feeling of guilt even more.

3 Likes

any link to wood DTs?

edit stupid Q!!!
simple search

e,g,

https://www.thedriptipstore.com/collections/wooden

better Q
any experience with wood DTs?
thinking ultrasonic + wood seems a no g0

5 Likes

I like 810’s on everything, and I liked the tips on the Wotofo Unity so much I bought a bunch of them, and they fit so well on all my other 810 atty’s too!

6 Likes

Oh FFS! What are you talking about?

3 Likes

I’m gonna take a stab and guess he was refraining from making an innuendo based on your phrasing of, “With the advent of the 810 it took me a minute to get used to the size, but luckily I adapted a wee bit better than @paingawd did.”

C’mon man! Get your mind in the gutter! :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

My mind lives in the gutter. I must have been having an off-day!

5 Likes