Drums of War in the Ongoing FDA Flavorings Inquisition?

Wow, don’t even get me started on the Opioid insanity. My mother has suffered debilitating pain for the last year and they have tried to handle it with injections around her spine. She can barely walk and they were giving her Toradol which anyone knows is a weak pain medication that rarely helps with severity in pain like this. They FINALLY after a YEAR of her suffering to the point where she could barely get off the couch to walk to the bathroom gave her a stronger pain medication. One a day, so she cuts it in half to be able to move somewhat around the house. We were scheduled for an minor operation to have a spinal cord stimulator at the beginning of the month but she lives with me and my husband (and our kids) and developed an infection so we are waiting AGAIN for something to give her relief while she fights this infection.

4 Likes

The Bold New Flavor Experience that all of the Inmates are Raving About - "Ticket to Hell"

Word Salad slathered with Mad Cow Ranch Dressing seems to put it kindly as a descriptor:

" … they’ve become very rich companies very fast. And the whole thing with vaping is a - it’s been very profitable. And I want companies; look, you know that. I fight for our companies very hard

Vaping has become a very big business, as I understand it - like a giant business in a very short period of time. But we can’t allow people to get sick, and we can’t have our youth be so affected. And I’m hearing it. And that’s how the first lady got involved. I mean, she’s got a son, together, that is a beautiful, young man, and she feels very, very strongly about it. She’s seen it. We’re both reading it. A lot of people are reading it. But people are dying with vaping.

A lot of people think vaping is wonderful, it’s great. It’s really not wonderful. That’s one thing, I think, we can say definitely, Commissioner. It’s not a wonderful thing. It’s got big problems. We have to find out the extent of the problem. It’s so new. It’s so new. But we’re going to find out. But the dommissioner and Alex Azar, they’re going to be coming back over the next pretty short period of time, couple of weeks, with some very strong recommendations."

new health data apparently aren’t the reason for Trump’s about-face; politics are. … for all the talk about a principled decision he was making, those principles appear to have taken a back seat to his reelection. Whatever the merits of the ban, Trump is apparently taking something he insisted was an urgent public-health need and is backing off it for political reasons. It’s almost as if they should have done their due diligence on the front end before announcing such a drastic step. But with Trump, it’s often shoot first, aim later.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/11/18/trump-backs-off-his-flavored-vape-ban-exactly-reason-he-said-he-wouldnt/

Mr. Trump has since decided to follow the advice of political advisers to stall on the issue and meet with more groups. … he is concerned about his chances in 2020, and allies working for the vaping industry have told Mr. Trump of battleground state polling of his own voters that showed the issue costing him support. … Trump has also been under an intense lobbying campaign over the past seven weeks, waged by tobacco and vaping companies, along with conservative organizations, like Americans for Tax Reform, which are opposed to regulatory limits that would affect retailers, small businesses and adult consumers of e-cigarettes. … Inside the White House, the flavor ban has also become a proxy issue for how his advisers see Mr. Trump’s path to re-election. … a ban could depress turnout in critical states. … Taking away the right to smoke or vape would be something akin to taking away firearms.

Source: https://i1.wp.com/www.nationalreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/RTS2NA90.jpg

“Stable Genius” shall appoint and festoon a “blue ribbon dommission” to provide him with extra speciously abstruse “politically salable” draconian verbiage, bigly and forthwith - fodder that in true sociopathic form, he can then attempt to leverage in order to portray himself as merely a helpless victim of “science”. Please, King Carnage, we’re just so tired of “winning” ! When will the gilded “Zero-Nic Trump Pods” arrive so that we may once again blissfully inspire your elegant eminence’s utterly nonsensical tastes and aromas ? … :yum::rofl:

3 Likes

Talking Head Ex-Cheese FDA Pyro pontificates about Vapageddon Flames (CNBC, November 18, 2019):

The Trump administration’s delay of rules that would restrict flavored e-cigarettes may look like a win for the industry right now, but it will come at a steep cost later, according to former FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb. “Delays on regulatory steps to combat youth vaping may be a Pyrrhic victory for outside vaping groups fighting reasonable action to stop kid use of the products; putting the entire opportunity at risk and making bipartisan legislation to impose restrictions increasingly inevitable,” Gottlieb said over Twitter Sunday night. A Pyrrhic victory is one achieved at “excessive cost,” according to the M-W dictionary. … Gottlieb added there are regulatory actions that can “preserve opportunities for adults and dramatically limit access and appeal to kids.” He has suggested, for example, that FDA ban all pod-based e-cigs.

“The Wages of Vaping are a Pyrrhic Demise in Victory” (Saint Gottlieb, Prof. Emeritus of Pontificiations):

Source: https://riotfest.org/2019/02/zombie-deer-disease/

3 Likes

CALL TO ACTION

I think it’s high time we push and try to get smokers (we know) involved in supporting us. Because for a lot of them - vaping will be their future. They need to know their future rights are under jeopardy and their ideas about vaping are being skillfully manipulated. They need to understand that today? They’re trying to take away vaping. If they don’t step up and vote, tomorrow it can be their cigarettes being taken away.

(I know) That will never happen (too much cigarette tax money to lose for them.) But if the organization and people against vaping want to use fear as a tactic. Then I say we use fear of cigarettes being taken away also. We really need smokers on our side right now. For our and everyone’s future struggles against smoking.

Why? Because I’ve seen a disconnect between smokers and vapers. My mechanic who I get along with very well is a smoker. (We smoked many times together) When he saw me vaping, he was like - “Why are you vaping? No one knows what’s in that stuff!”

I told him it’s no different than those old cig-a-like vaping devices that lots of people already used to quit smoking. He didn’t concur, and tried to ridicule me for vaping. But as an ex-smoker I know why he had that attitude. He loves to smoke cigarettes and has no intention of quitting at this point in time. (I completely understand - use to be my attitude also.)

The bad part is that, because no one is coming for his cigarettes right now. He and other smokers can justify their continued smoking by going along with everyone else to vilify vaping. i.e. (Oh yea look over there at them vapers, just don’t be “eyeing” my cigarettes) < Bad attitude

I think many of them don’t understand that. No, they might not quit tomorrow, or a month, or even a year from now. But when they DO DECIDE to quit and they don’t have the option to choose vaporizing as a cigarette alternative. They’ll have no one else to blame for not joining us and supporting our choices, along with their choices, which for the most part everyone respects. Yes respects - even tho the amount of deaths cigarettes cause is unforgivable.

4 Likes

Evidently a product line that has been found to be a primary cause of death of 1/2 of its aficionados is the “Gold Inertial Standard” for those who (like us) chose/choose to so imbibe. But even from my brief and cursory semi-education into vaporization as well as Tobacco leaf products (and the plethora of flavorings, preservatives, and yes even pesticides - the identity of which are industry trade secrets protected by law), Tobacco leaf product combustion is vastly more complex (and correspondingly worse) where it comes to the known carcinogens Formaldehyde and Acrolein (itself responsible for ~95% of cardio risks of smoking). The recently FDA-blessed “IQOS”, “SNUS” appear to be similarly poor choices. It’s all about their dollars.

4 Likes

On a more macro level, every time the gooberment succeeds in banning something it sets precedent for the next thing gooberment decides to take control over.

4 Likes

I notice that this particular anti-vaping cartel already had their (if Trump folds) missives ready to go:

President Trump: Don’t fail America’s children on flavored e-cigarettes

Optimism among public health advocates regarding the Trump administration’s pending action on flavored e-cigarettes … has turned to alarm. … we are deeply troubled by signals that the administration will fall well short of taking the bold action necessary to end this nationwide epidemic. … The administration must include all flavors - including menthol - and all places where e-cigarettes are sold - including brick-and-mortar and online retail outlets - for the policy to have its desired impact. … Allowing the e-cigarette industry to continue targeting America’s children would be a historic mistake. There is no public health justification to allow any flavor to be exempt from a policy to remove flavored e-cigarettes from the market. … Exempting vape shops also would raise major concerns. … Flavors are central to the industry’s strategy. … It’s no surprise the industry has been working to defeat the administration’s effort to restrict flavors or weaken it with unproven exemptions. … stand with an overwhelming majority of the public that supports protecting kids from a patently addictive and harmful product. That means removing all flavored e-cigarettes, including mint and menthol, from the market.

Nancy Brown is the CEO of the American Heart Association. Mark Del Monte is the CEO of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Robin Koval is the CEO of the Truth Initiative. Matthew Myers is president of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids. Gary Reedy is the CEO of the American Cancer Society/American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network. Harold Wimmer is the CEO of the American Lung Association.

Source: https://www.statnews.com/2019/11/18/flavored-e-cigarettes-trump-administration-ban/

3 Likes

Very true. It is possible today vaping tomorrow cigarettes and in the future they ban having children, due to population concerns. Oh wait cigarettes should help kill enough people so we don’t have to ban having childern right away. :

2 Likes

Greenhouse gas emissions from our Vaping Rigs would make a great justification for the Zero Baby Law.

3 Likes

They are well entrenched. Another possible ramification would be the further development of a partisan war based solely on opposition of whatever the other side does. Vaping is merely a pawn in this horseshit game. A notch in someone’s gun handle. It has become full blown insanity.

4 Likes

I have no proof, so this will have to just be tin hat, but I believe that smoking as it kills 50% of users ten years early is convenient for getting rid of baby boomers on and looking at SS. That’s a lot of money the gooberment doesn’t have to dole out.

4 Likes

And 95% of the so-called “press” are just playing-along for the ride - profiting off the fall as well as the rise.

4 Likes

I just can’t stop thinking of …

3 Likes

I see many parallels today.

3 Likes

How foreboding a call on my thinking. Almost an omen.

I was wondering… I recall? reading a piece of on how something Gottlieb did or said caused Big Tobacco stock’s to take a big nose dive. (If im wrong just ignore everything :rofl:) Shortly after that’s when all of a sudden he announced that we had a epidemic of teen vapers. Then bans… Then BT stocks went right back up.

Now with a remark like “ban all pod’s” Im sure Big Tobacco stocks will go even higher.

Makes me wonder if all this really isn’t about the teens and only about making up for Big Tobacco stocks. (Unless Im totally misinformed about what I recall reading) :money_mouth_face:

It just seems so unreal how they only want tobacco flavor available. So the teens learn to love that flavor. (Conditioning) So switching to cigarettes is easy for them?

Really come on. Stop the BS there’s always been a episodic of teen smokers, in every generation, now they choose to vape. Wha’s so hard to understand? And why do they want them to vape tobacco flavors only (If that’s what they are going to do anyways, like every generation of smokers did before them- ignored everything in order to smoke.)

3 Likes

Source: https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/mcdyofr-ec003_h.jpg

3 Likes

… the widespread acceptance of notions of racial hygiene and genetic determination in both medical and policing circles made it easy for the state to increasingly marginalize drug consumers as asocial, psychopathic, or genetically deficient. New measures were taken to strengthen the existing policing and social welfare work against addiction. And new groups, such the “Imperial Committee for the Struggle against Drugs” were created to bring the medical, policing, and political experts together in the war against drugs. Starting in 1935, the Nazi government created the “Imperial Center for the Struggle against Drug Crimes” at the Prussian Criminal Police Office in Berlin, which acted as a central information-collecting office for drug crimes from the various district police offices. Drug users faced a number of possible sanctions, from conviction under the Opium Law to findings of mental and legal incompetence resulting in forced internment in a treatment or withdrawal center.

Germans on Drugs: The Complications of Modernization in Hamburg”; Stephens; pp 16-17

3 Likes

Dr Michael Siegel (November 19, 2019):

American Medical Association Calls for Removal of the Main Competitors to Cigarettes from the Market

In a resolution that is the most dangerous health-related policy proposal from a medical or health organization that I have seen in my career, the American Medical Association (AMA) today called for the complete removal from the market of the #1 competitor to Big Tobacco profits. The resolution also calls for hundreds of thousands of ex-smokers to return to smoking and for the removal from the market of a critical off-ramp that has helped 2.5 million American smokers to quit for good. In addition, the resolution calls for the creation of a dangerous new black market for e-cigarettes and e-liquids.

If this sounds crazy, let me assure you that this is not a re-publication of an Onion article.

… I’m sorry to have to say this, but right now the AMA is a great threat to the health of the public. Don’t let this organization fool you. This has nothing to do with protecting the public’s health. It is all about gaining publicity and political advantage for the organization.

… This is a misguided resolution that has no public health justification, would do immense public health damage, and would substantially increase cigarette consumption in this country.

It is a huge gift to Big Tobacco.

The AMA has a long and sordid history of promoting tobacco use through the help it has provided to Big Tobacco, but this resolution takes the cake. It takes the cake because it is now 2019, and we should be long past the point of cowing down to Big Tobacco. But the AMA has done exactly that.

Whole new innovative “patient care” industries are evolving for these nuevo “High Priests of Morality”:

Source: https://citnutritionally.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/food-police-shield_medium.jpg

3 Likes

I’m waiting for the NSA to break into my house and take me hostage … These idiots have pushed my patience to the limit and I’m ready to declare civil war!

2 Likes

You mean the “Nanny State Assclowns” ?

Source: https://steelturman.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/food_police_gun.png

Conspiracy to Inhale Pyrolized Marshmallows is a very serious crime, violating the “public morals” ! … :clown_face:

3 Likes