Drums of War in the Ongoing FDA Flavorings Inquisition?

$50.33 per 1,810 milligrams of nicotine

I don’t believe so…

I read it as:
If there’s 100mg per milliliter…
And 1000ml = 1L

Then the math should be:
100x1000=10,000mg of nic in a liter.

Which in turn means:
10,000/1810=5.52486187845

So $50.33 x 5.53 (even though it should probably be rounded down…) = $278.3249 in tax, per liter.

Again, someone should correct me if I’m wrong. lol (I feel like I flubbed somewhere though. I’m running on 4hrs sleep and probably shouldn’t EVEN be trying to do math right now…)

1 Like

It would mean $50 per 18ml of 100mg/ml
1000/18 = 55.5
55.5 x 50 = $2777 per lt of 100mg/ml

3 Likes

Oops, you dropped a digit. 100mg/ml X 1000ml = 100,000.

2 Likes

Thank you! lol
I just had that feeling…

2 Likes

So I was on the right path, but missed the decimal. :crazy_face:

$2783.249 per liter

3 Likes

You guys have both my brain cells fighting for pole position!! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Or stated another way… Guberment taxes X nic I need = Oh Fuck!!!

2 Likes

Makes one want to buy a drum of it. It will be worth more than gold. The new world monetary standard!!!

3 Likes

Do they state 100mg/mL or do they mean prue nic 1000mg/mL

If it’s pure nic 1000mg/mL then divide by (10) for tax on 100mg/mL

1 Like

It is all liquids containing nic that the tax would be applied to if it made it through to law. Surprise surprise JUUL would be a big winner with .7ml pods at 50mg attracting a fraction (about $1) of the tax that a bottle of juice would attract.

4 Likes

You can snag a 55 gal drum of 100mg for about $7,150 and save $578,942.70.

5 Likes

That would be awesome then i would just have to convince Australian Customs that it was for personal use and was only a 3 month supply. It would mean that I could get it if I was vaping nearly 70 lts perday of 3mg juice - I have my work cut out for me.

5 Likes

Note my correction. First time around I only calculated for 1 gal. I’ll snag one and relabel it as Valvoline. Coming your way. We’ll work out the details later.

4 Likes

don’t go getting nic sick Wolfie… its ok not to take a hit for team #damngovantivape :cry:

2 Likes

Hit me with one of those too, I hear it makes gogo juice for my acrua integra :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the correction. This is an utterly exorbitant tax!!! Try that with coffee you f#cktards :rage:

4 Likes

No… I really will have a total melt down and my life will never be the same…
I have a gallon of nic… Im at 3mg now… I better up it to 18… grrr…

and I am so good on coffee… I have some from south america, hawaii and the republic…

2 Likes

Committee has already passed it to the house and Senate has a similar bill in committee with 19 cosponsors. This tax will pass both imo.

2 Likes

Interesting in its irony, a previous resolution also named HR 4742, (Jan 9, 2018, 115th Congress), entitled, “The Stable Genius Act”. Had the resolution passed, perhaps this “American carnage” would not be upon us

I myself am not finding any newer (Oct 23) information - other than this substitute text flaunting the ludicrous utterly specious nauseatingly sanctimonious official moniker of: “Protecting American Lungs Act of 2019”.

The legislation was approved by the committee 24-15 Oct. 23 - will advance to a vote in the full House.

In the US Senate, S.2463 - E-Cigarette Tax Parity Act (the status of which can be followed using this link).

I hereby move that the rules be suspended, and a second substitute resolution title of:
“Raping American Pocket Books While Engendering Misery and Death Act of 2019”
be hereby adopted in the spirit of openness and honesty in government forthwith ! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Public comments were closed on October 4, 2019 regarding the FDA’s proposed addition of Propylene Glycol as well as Glycerol (Glycerin, VG) to their list of “Harmful and Potentially Harmful Constituents in Tobacco Products” (Established List; Proposed Additions; Request for Comments).

A total of 40 public comments were filed with the FDA, all of which can be accessed and read here.

In addition to PG and Glycerin, readers may also find certain salt/flavor constituents of similar interest:

Under the (proposed) Final Rule, all of the above substances will join the FDA’s “Harmful and Potentially Harmful Constituents (HPHCs)full listing, already in existence. Ironically (and IMO, a bit comically) it seems that what appears to have been reported in several studies as being the most cytotoxic of flavoring components - Cinnamaldehyde - is absent from the above list of proposed additions, as well as present list.

This August 2019 Congressional Research Service report looks like a detailed and informative document:
FDA Regulation of Tobacco Products

1 Like