Eclipse Pictures

Well, I’ve been doing this for 11 years, I should be able to take a good picture by now lol…

Initially, I was not going to try to shoot it for three reasons: Number one is my retinas and number two is I knew I was going to have to wait until ten minutes before our closest shot of totality here which was the second picture and three…not good for the camera itself. I hate trying to shoot stuff like this because you have to keep changing your ISO and shutter speed and blah blah blah…

The truth is I found an old solar filter at about noon in the closet that I forgot I had and figured if we had enough cloud cover (which we did) I would be able to safely use one of my cheaper cameras and a 250 MM lens to shoot it. I got lucky.

7 Likes

Thanks everyone! It was pretty amazing and very odd being in the dark, hearing the bugs and seeing the stars. Thankful to be in the path

22 Likes

That’s how you are supposed to take pictures of it safely, very cool!

8 Likes

thats is awesome , i really wasnt excited until this morning , i was able to show my kids which made it really neat

5 Likes

i would love to experience the totality

4 Likes

There’s gonna be another 1 in 7 years in the US

5 Likes

ya i just seen that , id like to make a trip out of it , my children will be able to enjoy it more as well they are 6 , 5 and 22months , so right now it was neat but they still were more interested in the vampires and werewolves coming out ( that what i told them ) lol

7 Likes

:joy::joy:, mine’s 8 now. I’m going to plan to make it to the area of totality for the next 1

6 Likes

And they will never forget it either… that’s a “great dad” thing.

5 Likes

Taken thru the lens of my eclipse glasses. What a sight!

15 Likes

Awesome job!

6 Likes

I’ve been told by the 12 year old that where we are in Indiana will be in the totality range in 2024! Finally something to look forward to in this town!!!

Should we start planning our eclipse party now?

8 Likes

Yes! What are we doing again?

2 Likes

Um… you’re smoking some meats. I’m drinking and vaping.

7 Likes

Oh ok, I need to smoke some meat soon!

6 Likes

April 8, 2024 is the next big one. 2017 traveled West to East. 2024 will travel South to North.

4 Likes

Thanks! You took some great pics as well and everyone else. Enjoyed seeing them.:heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Here’s the best photo I could get here in NJ…

15 Likes

4-8-24 will be my wifes birthday and we will experience totality where we live (or very close). How cool is that?!

9 Likes

Nice shots @DarthVapor! :sunglasses:

Here… at the Kinnikinnick Observatory… we experienced the possible “End Times” event mere feet away from our front door! Scary stuff! :scream:

The length of time it took to gather the exacting scientific equipment to aid in our research of the event took quite a few minutes… chair, paper plate and binoculars. With these items and a glass of cold tea… history, in splendid glory, was recorded for posterity.

:grinning:

19 Likes