ELR Flavor Stash

I started doing this last week. I have a ° in computer science and cyber security and looking at the excel sheet made me uninterested lol I’ve done so many spread sheets for small companies and the thought of building my own data base bummed me out :expressionless: I guess I’ll try again tonight. I really need to do this.

5 Likes

How friendly is it to the mathematically challenged?

2 Likes

@SquirrelSmash it’s not math heavy, BUT, there IS a slight learning curve.

IF (and it’s not that bad, you just have to try), IF, you get past it, and input your recipes/flavors, it can be a boon. If you have a LARGE flavor / recipe array, it can be daunting to have to RE-input them all.

There was another thread on this, I will find it.

4 Likes

I will do and if all’s well, I may ponder creating a guide after I grasp most. Probably next week: Aussies need shouting at on using APA first.

4 Likes

@UPSguy my wife laughs at me for struggling with large spreadsheets, word docs, lol. Sadly when I was in school for electrical engineering, they didn’t really put any emphasis, on them, LOL.

I don’t know your skill level for Word, and/or Excel, but here goes nothing.

Please COPY/PASTE into a new browser window. These are MY files, my site, and are 100% verified, by me.

Word Docx:

whiskeypilot.com/Vaping/Flavor Inventory 9-27-21.docx

Excel xlsx:

whiskeypilot.com/Vaping/Flavor Inventory 9-27-21.xlsx

4 Likes

@SquirrelSmash, @Letitia, @Lynda_Marie, @yodaofborg, @UPSguy, luckily for you, many of us use Hot Rod’s Calculator, and thanks to @TorturedZen’s tutorial, you won’t HAVE to suffer.

Please read down the thread for additional help…

Thanks TZ.

10 Likes

What is APA and why do Aussies need shouting at regarding the use thereof?

3 Likes

@Ianc13

??

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer possibly, but that would presume it is relevant in some way to the Australian physiological guidelines which isn’t a given. Interesting though…

2 Likes

I’m pretty dim, and I used to do spreadsheets (Excel) back at my fancy job two decades ago because I had to, so it became easy because my paycheck depended on it.
Its a great skill to have, for music too.

3 Likes

It’s the America Psychological Association’s citation format. As most libraries have a function to generate a citation, I get a bit tired of correcting misuse when advising on academic writing.

1 Like

Interesting, curious that it’s an American format used in a Commonwealth country. You were absolutely correct @SessionDrummer :+1: :smile:

2 Likes

Ehhh, lucky guess @Ianc13.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I use a Google sheet too, with just a list of flavours.
I use a simple traffic light cell colour to do my tracking.
If the cell is green I have a backup bottle.
When I swap out my backup bottle, or if I don’t have one, I change the cell to orange.
When the bottle gets down to half, or whenever I deem it time, I change the cell to red.
All red cells go on my next order.

9 Likes

I just jot it down on my ‘Flavor Order’ note on my phone with size to re-order. I’ve never been in such a mad rush that I need replacements or new … pronto :joy:

7 Likes

Ok, I remember looking at this years ago and didn’t like it. Just loaded it up and imported a recipe. Got all the values correct and the Grams is off from the ELR calculator. I tried turning MFG specific weight on and off on ELR and the numbers are still different. Most of them are off by .1 to .3 which I think for most flavors aren’t an issue but it gnaws at my slight OCD. Have you noticed this?

5 Likes

I haven’t noticed that, but I’ve got hundreds of recipes imported, and I’ll check that tonight.

3 Likes

@natbone, just ran a compare, and it’s off a smidge, not sure if it will matter…

2 Likes

APA is pretty much the global standard for social sciences and the arts. Although, I had to use Harvard citation when I was studying law: That made no sense to me.

1 Like

Most likely, it won’t. It might even improve some of them.

2 Likes