ELR Recipe Contest..Rules/ Criteria

:joy: Well kiddo, that’s because MY forever goes back way farther than YOUR forever.

10 Likes

How true. I’ve got Australian Christmas books with Santa wearing shorts and a sunburn. :joy:

11 Likes

I say this almost everyday to someone at the barn :joy:

9 Likes

Only 5 of the 10 points are for Overall Taste, so I would say a good pic would count towards recipe description :ok_hand:
theoretically a recipe with a taste score of 4 could win over one with a 5…

9 Likes

I went with a pic, sent my mix to @fidalgo_vapes this morning no more messing with it. I’d started to change things for the sake of it. The limit of 5 (great rule, makes it more interesting)
I was disappointed with my Pecan Pie it was very thin, that needed more work…

10 Likes

I think we need to change the scoring criteria next time .I couldnt come up with anythin else. The overall taste has to always be he majority imo

12 Likes

Bcf did the judging a bit differently but they also used a mystery flavor. I think description, accuracy, use of mystery flavor, taste and originality. Each of those was +5 but you could do 1-5 in each tier. Totaling of 25 points.

8 Likes

It took 3 weeks to hammer down the mystery flavor in that contest. People are complaining about the restrictions now. The more it’s draged out the more complaining. I’d be happy with great tasting recipes.

10 Likes

Ya we knew that was going to happen. Any restrictions are going to disappoint someone. Wait until the next one we have planned. In my opinion the contest has to be fun and challenging at the least.

12 Likes

Great idea…If we do more than just this one there will be some changes in regards to the judging criteria.

8 Likes

It was definitely interesting how some people must have known exactly what it was and then those who took a pretty good guess.

9 Likes

Remember Wayne’s midweek critique, 5 flavors in the same flavor house :laughing:

8 Likes

Omg ya i do, at least with that one yuo got to choose yur own flavor house. Most people who submit recipes in these contests are knowledgeable and good mixers so the restrictions are needed. To be honest I regret not beng more specific with the profile this time. Doing this was a great learning experience for me. Without @Ken_O_Where and @Rocky02852 i would have been screwed.

10 Likes

I thought i nailed it a couple times. When Rocky02852 siad WF Pitaya i thought no way . I literally ran to the Wf flaves and was mind blown that was the one. I was even more amazed someone knew to check that flavor.

10 Likes

Just so folks know, this really was Fiddys idea. When he came to me with it i thought hell yeah, great idea. And so far some really good mixes have been submitted.

TLDR: Fiddy is being modest here.

I still taste and smell only aloe, i would never have guessed it. So gross.

9 Likes

Lmao…I thought it was Cap 27bears i think.

Just an idea ,without you guys being my partners in this I dont think i could have pulled it off. Look how many times ive already wanted to change a couple things and you 2 reel me in lol. Its :100: pct a group accomplishment :pray::pray::pray:

13 Likes

My recipe muted… back to the drawing board, not much time left…

9 Likes

Funny you should say that @Iv3shf, one of mine too. Tried to got waaaaay outside my comfort zone with a Peppermint Bark, BUT, I basically hate mints, never use them, and had only ONE to play with LOL. #Fail.

9 Likes

You what??? You went Peppermint? Or Aniseed, or any derived flavours??? :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
Prob dared too much… :rofl: But if “we” (as mixers) don’t dare, who does? Well done SD!

10 Likes

Hehe, not sure, but I appreciate it. :slight_smile: No guts, no glory !!

10 Likes