ELR Recipe Contest..Rules/ Criteria

I have used Yam in a couple of recipes. Those profiles need a lot of sweetener for me because it’s not a very exciting flavor. I will probably go to my grave with 14mls in my 15ml bottle :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I guess i can post my contest recipe now since i cant use it. Its a good one too

4 Likes

It actually is a great recipe …

And her Candied Yams is very good as well …

6 Likes

Heres my Gingerbread pecan sweet potato pie i was gonna use. Its really good.

9 Likes

Yeah, Yam FLV has a bit of an earthy note. Road kill tho? Yikes, hehehe.

Was it Amoretti that had that incredible sweet potato flavoring? If so i have it somewhere, i packed them all up in glass bottles years ago.

And i would fist fight a bear to procure a sweet tater pie. When i eat pumpkin pie i pretend it is sweet tater pie.

8 Likes

I’ve only eaten sweet potato pie once in my life. I was at a course in Raleigh N.C research triangle park for a couple weeks, and I remember two things. One that friday party with pie, and two, the sign on the front door asking visitors to leave their guns with the receptionist. Great pie.

9 Likes

It has no earthy if used under 1 percent but even with it , its very easy to work out in a recipe where all you get is sweetness of the yam. In my recipe you just get a deep sweet candied yam taste

6 Likes

Maple Syrup (Acero) (FA)

Added to the list for my next order. One flavor, its almost always one flavor…

7 Likes

Lol it really always is. Thats a good on too have at least. Very good maple

6 Likes

This is gonna be quite difficult as some amazing looking recipes have been submitted. Really looking forward to this, thank you all so much for participating!

11 Likes

FW Butter Pecan is so delicious. Great looking recipe.

11 Likes

I actually used FLV Yam with VT carrot cake and HS pumpkin pie to make a pumpkin roll for Wayne’s MWC horror villains episode. I found out that it really punches up the carrot in carrot cake. It didn’t make a good pumpkin roll though.

8 Likes

I believe you. I guess it’s just one of those flavors that completely doesn’t come across to my taste buds as it should. Frustrating.

6 Likes

Those both look positively delicious. I love all those flavors as real food. But, my taste buds for whatever reason simply won’t cooperate with that FLV yam flavoring. :slightly_frowning_face:

8 Likes

Only a few days left!!
I am really looking forward to see recipes.
So many good mixers here, that will lead automatically to a heap of new mixes to enjoy!

10 Likes

Do you guys think the 10 day steep limit would hinder a recipe with cap vc v1 ?

6 Likes

With less than 10 days left for submissions in the contest, I’d say it just might…

6 Likes

Wait, when’s the deadline ?

6 Likes

November 30th.

@STR8V8PING It wont affect me, i used to drip that stuff at 15%, fresh…

6 Likes

Don’t worry about the 10 day limit. Taste it now. Imagine what it going to be in 10/30 days thru experience. If you like it submit it. There is no entry fee. What do you have to loose?

8 Likes