ELR Recipe Contest Winner #1

I believe they are just going to leave reviews in the comments of your recipe.

8 Likes

A little review based on my notes is what i am doing …Some people may not want their scores puplic , some people may not want constructive criticism, some people may not want to even talk to us bc they didnt win lol…

11 Likes

Congrats marsh8. Will mix it one of these days.

9 Likes

bring it! Fluf em if they can’t handle constructive criticism.

EDIT: Just kidding. I understand if the judges make their decision to add notes or not add notes. They have to deal with the aftermath. I’m not going to hold it against them however they decide.

2nd EDIT: It felt good saying it though

12 Likes

Yes. Dont be afraid to tell me my recipe tastes like shit mixed with a side of rotton eggs lol i love real critisim. Feel free to give it 1 star.

11 Likes

You’re not the only one Fiddy, we’ve also got two more judges… haven’t we??? None of you has to be politically correct, no point otherwise, friends tell things straight at your face… :rofl: :rofl: don’t they??? :rofl:

10 Likes

Welcome to ELR @VickyFaulk

9 Likes

Whatcha guys doin’? Steepin’ your comments for 30 days before typing? :joy:

11 Likes

Lmao…By the end of month I promise…Starting the tax process for our business and it takes my mentL down to zilch…Ill get it done asap promise

8 Likes

My wife is cracking up after i read your comment to her

7 Likes

Id almost rather do it all in one place, like a thread.

8 Likes

Tell the IRS you identify as a billionaire politician…you won’t have to pay a dime. :smirk:

9 Likes

I thought about that but then i thought there are already multiple threads about contest and the recipe comments will get lost in thread. :person_shrugging:

9 Likes

Lovely. We can all console one another in one place. :weary: :broken_heart: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Ill tell ya what, i wasnt kidding when i said there were a lot of fantastic mixes, yours included. The points system we came up with eliminated some from contention for not being an actual dessert recipe for the winter holidays.

Take @jbitts mix for example. It was a nice tobacco custard mix, rich and thick with just about the right level of sweetness but lets be real. Who has ever eaten anything like a tobacco custard for Xmas? Sure ive had a caramel custard for Thanksgiving but even with every single adult in the room smoking i couldnt call it a tobacco custard, this was the late 70s early 80s. Had it been a tobacco based competition it would have rated much higher for me.

Or @EyeMSam mix. I didnt expect to like that at all just based on the name and then i saw Oak Wood FA and thought, “Oh SNARF!”. But it turned out to be quite lovely. Yet, he named it a Potpourri and the point system the fellas came up with and we all approved dictated that it had be marked down just a bit thus knocking it out of contention. And Sam, thank you for that one, took me out of my comfort zone and i liked it.

So many recipes that i would rate 4 or 5 stars on any given day… Made this really hard and so very much fun. I hope more folks jump in on the next one as there is some amazing talent out there.

12 Likes

[quote=“Ken_O_Where, post:57, topic:273814, full:true”]
Who has ever eaten anything like a tobacco custard for Xmas?[/quote]

If it had been in the summer of '69 we would have tried to roll that actual custard in a giant Zig-Zag and smoke it. :smoking:

Speaking of next one, have any date & time in mind for the theme, rules & restrictions yet? Thx :wink:

9 Likes

Im under a strict NDIK agreement, no discussing it Ken, but i can say:

Yes to the first part and very close on the second part

Yes

I went and made fiddy an admin who can ban me so i cant say anymore than that. :slight_smile: :smile:

8 Likes

LOL!!! He can’t do that. He has “diminished mental abilities” right now. :joy:

6 Likes

You heard him screamin, “DISQUALIFIED”, during this contest. Im too skeerd now!

8 Likes

@TakeMeToTheSea, FIRST coffee spit of the day Sir.

11 Likes