ELR Recipe Contest Winner #1

Ill give everyone a hint at 1 of the limitations that mixers will have …You will need to use a minimum of 5 flavors No Max not including sweetener /additives of you choose to use sweet etc

Thats all the hints…Rocky and I have been hinting things in chats the past month…NO MORE HINTS …

7 Likes

Well maybe just one more hint, Milk and Honey will be eligible…

6 Likes

Whaaaaaaaaaat???!!! :astonished: :laughing: :+1::hugs:

8 Likes

Well DUH!!:roll_eyes: eligible and encouraged!

5 Likes

I’m wondering if we will get bonus points for recipes containing Milk and Honey. If so then what ever recipe we decide to make we should add .001 Milk and Honey. :rofl:

6 Likes

Well yeah BUT we’d probably receive just .001% of a point for doin’ that. :thinking: :woozy_face: :joy:

8 Likes

Na we’d probably get DISQUALIFIED! For not using enough M&H. Though they did say 1 flavor house so that means all recipes with M&H would have to be Flavorah based. So seeing that I only have FLV Sweetness that would mean I’m :poop: out of luck.

7 Likes

Wait…did I miss something? What is this about using only one flavor house?

5 Likes

Sorry meant to say if they said 1 flavor house.

5 Likes

Ahhhh OK, thanks! :wink:

4 Likes

Hes lying… D I S Q U A L I F I E D os what that will get you , geez Rocky set them up for failure lol

8 Likes

I see @Rocky02852 did not heart the milk and honey statement lmao

6 Likes

Sorry bud/folks. Ive been dealing with an emergency in Kenosha for a few weeks, heading back down tomorrow and should be back Monday or so.

Im putting up a few notes on recipes tonight but i still have to mix so its only a handful. When i get back ill try and finish up the rest. If anyone DOESNT want notes on their recipe just let me know or delete them.

7 Likes

Cheers, I saw your notes and agree regarding the apple as you and @McDuckie said in his comment. It does get lost a bit but every time I thought it was gone it would pop back through. I was also a bit scared of Country Apple I’ve had it dominate even at 2%.
Since then I have been playing with an Apple Tea Cake which really had a similar issue. May nearly have it right now thanks to an idea from a @Rocky02852 recipe.

Pineapple seems to be the key ingredient.

8 Likes

Milk N Honey is exempt from all rules, (I use it as a flavor enhancer) JK
:laughing:

9 Likes

I just checked out this early recipe of yours. Very nice looking recipe. I especially love the attached video. It’s actually one of my favorite pieces by Bocelli. I actually practiced for a long time to learn all of the guitar parts to that song.

8 Likes

I love that version of the song by Bocelli. Kudos to you for learning that one!
I like that recipe a lot. Back then I was so nervous to finally put a recipe up. I practiced on that one for months before I finally made it my 1st published recipe. Then a while after I got nervous about using the FA Anise because it had oil in it. I need to switch it out. I looked at your recipe and you use the SSA, correct? I imagine it should work well in my Angelonies also, you think? I’d really like your opinion on that. Thanks so much @McDuckie :blush:

4 Likes

… toothpaste
mouthwash
deodorant
soap
air freshener
battery terminal cleaner, etc. etc. etc… :sunglasses:

8 Likes

:bulb:BINGO that would explain why Rocky buys M&H by the gallon. I shouldn’t really talk about that though when I first started mixing I bought all of the INW Lemon flavors and ended up using them for making lemon scented glycerine soap. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Sure thing I have tried a few Anise flavorings from FlavorArt, Capella, Inawera, and of course SSA. The FA is as you stated is oil based, but very good but more representive of a natural Star Anise. Inawera and Capella for me were very sweet and more on the candied side. The SSA Anise is I found to be more of a fresh ground Star Anise. Now being that it does come off as more of a ground anise it does slightly lose its potency after a few days. Unlike FA which I felt just got stronger as it steeped. That does help it to be more helpful in bakeries because it can fade into the background rather than standing out like a sore thumb. I think it would fit perfectly into your recipe. I’d try at 1.50 so that your other ingredients can take the stage without getting lost under the anise.

7 Likes