Enforceable Quarantine in US Cities, Yes or No?

I answered yes, but it’s not just for the spread of the virus.

2 Likes

I share your scepticism about China but it certainly helped that they moved to a very strict (and mostly observed) lockdown very early in the outbreak (after just 400 declared fatalities).

3 Likes

It all hinges on the accuracy of their reporting though.

2 Likes

They took extreme measures. They even went as far as welding shut doors to highrise buildings. There are videos of this.

4 Likes

Where did you get your percentage’s from?
Death rate as far as I can see is 1 percent.
True numbers will never be know. You can go by people testing positive and those who die. The larger the tested pool will bring the death rates down further.
How many have COVID and don’t get tested?
85% of people of who actually have the virus show no symptom to a heavy flu then recover. They will never be tested. Throwing out any numbers is a fools errand. The only number I look for is the number of the infected coming down.

2 Likes

And while most of the non-government sponsored news is stifled, some stuff still gets through showing how happy the people are about it too.

Anything can get through to dailymail, whether it’s true or not :crazy_face:

1 Like

I saw that India (population 1.3 billion) enacted severe steps very early with only 466 cases. We’ll see how CV spread play out there…

I truly believe that early lockdowns will weed out the infected and isolation and treatment will drastically reduce the spread of CV.

1 Like

They also lie thru their teeth. I find it funny they have removed all news services that can verify what is happening inside a the country. As far as I can see all news being released is the mouth of the communist party. Their growth rate numbers before this happened were pure fiction. WHO reports can’t be reliable because his home country is reliant on Chinese money. They proved it the other day by not recognizing Tiwan.

5 Likes

Not much different than in the US where a large part of the country don’t believe any national news reports depending on who reports it. We have come to believe that a large part of news is considered to be fake news.

2 Likes

Their is a difference between people who have a different opinion than a country who dictates opinion. Imagine if all US news only came from the government.

4 Likes

Oh please, this is total BS, the article isn’t even sure about it happening, talking about the sample being contaminated.
Stop spreading idiotic stories like this, too many morons about who would start killing animals.
I can’t keep a distance of 1.8 ft from my dog or cats, we live in the same house and I need that cuddle, I don’t get it from anyone else.
You going to tell people to stop hugging their kids next :exploding_head:

Sorry for sounding ticked off, nothing to do with you. Just had to deal with a mindless crowd, mulling about regardless, when taking out the dog.

7 Likes

So to that point… if enforceable quarantine was implemented, what would we do with those who violate? Fine? Jail? Shoot them? Another complication of such an order…

2 Likes

I agree… just stating that in the US the press has become untrustworthy as of late. IMO any news from China would still be scrutinized whether it’s true or not because our current stance when it comes to news.

EDIT: I’m not saying that I trust China to be honest… I don’t trust the US to be honest either!

5 Likes

This has already been proven that you pets will not pass their COVID on to humans. And yuck I don’t allow my girl to lick my face. I find it gross.

5 Likes

Can’t argue that! They spend inordinate amounts of time licking their own butts and they eat dirt.

7 Likes

The mood I’m in atm I would say, shoot the fuckers, we can do without the stupid :exclamation:

6 Likes

I know you’re being facetious but the point of all this is to save lives…

4 Likes

Some don’t deserve it.

5 Likes

There used to be laws in the country that a news service had to be neutral. Along came the internet and Congress changed those laws. The death of the printed news paper was the death of neutrality.

2 Likes