Enforceable Quarantine in US Cities, Yes or No?

My pets live in the house only. If they got it, they got it from my wife or myself. It isn’t like they went to fight over toilet paper and brought it home. Besides, I see no evidence that they can shed it to the extent to contaminate humans.

6 Likes

It’s everywhere. All the social media I visit is full of it and political bashing. I guess people can’t think of anything better to do. From what I am gathering, and I’m no expert, softer surfaces like clothing do not support Covid for very long at all. I hear two hours being thrown around. Metals like stainless steel are the ones that show traces after 72 hours.

4 Likes

Great. I use SS316L. I’m toast.

6 Likes

Yup, you and me both. All my work tables both in the doghouse and the kitchen are SS as well. A lot of my pots and pans are SS. A lot of my atties and on and on. Yup, we’re gonners.

5 Likes

Given that the issue is the tenacity of SARS Cov-2 protective outer “protein shells”, (IMO) it could well be that smooth, uniform, non-porous surfaces (steel, glass, plastic, etc) are likely much more conducive for the ability to detection (and measurement) of some estimated amount of microbe of interest. Thus, such a measurement problem (may) not accurately reflect the relative ease with which the microbes may (also) hop onto the favorable environment of human skin (from cloths, cardboards, etc). I doubt if there exists much if any chemical reasons why the more “porous” materials would (in themselves) serve to (otherwise) “de-activate” the microbes. Probably more likely an experimental measurement limitation.

1 Like

Couldn’t tell you dude. I don’t have the wherewithal to test it. Gotta leave that to what the experts are publishing.

3 Likes

(Potentially) some of the same crowd who impugned Nicotine by false reason of Cannabis vaping ? :thinking:

2 Likes

No Dude, no bite. You’ll have to argue this one with yourself.

6 Likes

I heard on stainless it can last up to 9 days… will hunt the info down…

4 Likes

Ok info here

They concluded that if this new coronavirus resembles other human coronaviruses, such as its “cousins” that cause SARS and MERS, it can stay on surfaces — such as metal, glass or plastic — for as long as nine days (In comparison, flu viruses can last on surfaces for only about 48 hours.)

3 Likes

Looking at reports, our straight-shooting allies at the CDC are involved, as well are the NIH crowd (March 17, 2020) - the same federal agency that funded nearly all of those anti-vaping “hit pieces”. (Perhaps) a newfound sense of moral duty and Intellectual Honesty has torn them away from ritual persecutions of Pain Patients and Nicotine Enthusiasts ? Wouldn’t that be a mighty fine gesture !

Soon, we may find that SARS Cov-2 is thought to have arisen out of vape-juice flavorings. Just Sayin’.

:wink:

The illustrious uniformed soldiers of the CDC. Source: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_NBb2rXYAE8yBM.jpg

1 Like

I think all of us need a good reminder… and compassion, instead of finding the next thing to pick on others here on the forum…

5 Likes

I’m just sticking with inspirational videos created by “Mr. Cup Half Full” himself, Quentin Quarantino. :clown_face:

3 Likes

Yes. Yes they are.
And we are among them. :slight_smile:
I posted on Facebook today…
“Well, at least we’ll all have jobs after this is over.
Because clearly, were all health care and sanitation experts”.

2 Likes

I think when it is all over for me… I have a few options… debating on them now…
more like spin the wheel!! :stuck_out_tongue:

but you are right… job shortages will not be a issue…

I dont think we will have a choice… it might just come down to martial law.

If what is happening in China is an indication God help us all. Bet you haven’t heard this in the American news. Forget the source of the news. This is what happens under Marshall law.

4 Likes

I hope @anon28032772 listens to you this time…

2 Likes

Didn’t mean this to be political. This is the cause and effect of being on lockdown. Being given back freedom to move again. Then told you can move but told by authority you can’t. Seems people want to go back to work and are being told not in my back yard.

3 Likes

Oh I didn’t infer anything political. I posted something similar and Suo jumped me because of the source. It was a far reaching, and resoundingly failed, attempt at sacrasm and humor. I do that a lot.

Yes, this lock down stuff is going to get old and probably very soon. It is not exactly easy to stop a country in its’ tracks.

4 Likes

Im a old man. I have seen a lot in my time. If I do know anything it’s human nature. People are a strange creature. They will go along to come along. But when push comes shoves they will bite.

3 Likes