eVic VTC Mini - 3.0 Software now available

Bad news is I only have the one .25 coil and 10 .5 coils. :joy: But Iā€™m getting burnt hits on the .5 coil from time to time, dont know whats up with that.

Back the watts and temp down and build your way back up to your sweet spot. Better than it was though?

Oh yea way better. Thanks

1 Like

Glad I could help budšŸ˜œ

Got one hell of a NIC BUZZ. :grinning:

1 Like

Its great when you get it dialed in. Awesome :ok_hand::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::dash::dash::dash:

To bad theres not a memory for your settings in each Tcr mode so when you switch from M1 to M2 or 3 it changes you temp and wattage evry time.

That would be handy. I think you can on the dna mods with wire profiles.

1 Like

Crown .5 coil at 250f 33watts is nice.

1 Like

The little mod that could LOL

1 Like

Yes, you certainly can. Up to 8 profiles.

1 Like

From what I understand about the way it works is it only asks if itā€™s a new coil if you are going from a lower resistance to a higher one and one thatā€™s a bit higher. When theyā€™re close or when the coil is lower, it automatically adjusts. So far, knock on wood, I havenā€™t had any problems with it as long as I unlock the resistance, take off the tank, put on the new one, and relock the resistance. Supposedly you can force it to recalibrate if you take the tank/atomizer off, press the fire button, then put the atty back on. That hasnā€™t worked for me very often.

2 Likes

If the TCR for stainless steel 316L is around .00092, you are thinking that sliding decimal point to right it should be entered as 0092 right? I tried it, but even at 520 degrees and 65 degrees itā€™s a cool vape with ho hum vapor production. The way I read their explanation was multiply the actual TCR of a given material by 10 to the fifth power to come up with a number for their TCR Value Range table, but I must be wrong 'cause that doesnā€™t seem to make any sense, and would just add a layer of calculations. But Iā€™m a moron when it comes to math so I donā€™t know. After 0092 was not great, just picked a number at random (0114) and plugged it in for M2. It works, but seems pretty much the same as the SS316 mode, maybe a little warmer. Quite confusing for me, makes me like my Hcigar VT200 and Escribe even moreā€¦

1 Like

@Big_Benny_MI said:

Probably doesnā€™t help though, as itā€™s such a small differenceā€¦

shrugs - perhaps the problem is something elseā€¦

This is how I read their explanation as well. And Steam Engine displays TCR to the sixth power. I would assume you move one decimal and you have your number.

Hereā€™s what Steam Engine shows for 316L. Move the decimal point one and you have 88. These are just assumptions on my part. Iā€™ll leave it to others to test since I donā€™t own the mod, but it is how their instructions read.

If those numbers work, hereā€™s how I would interpret the numbers from Steam Engine. They all fall in the range Joyetech listed for SS between 80-200. They also provided as a range so you could tweak it for your mod and liking. The original list was someone else post on the Joyetech forum.

SS 304 - 102
SS 316 - 88
SS 316L - 88
SS 317L - 94
SS 430 - 138

Well sure, but it was probably triple the price too. I think accuracy is what came with the DNA chip set. The cheaper chipset is good but itā€™s a Yugo to Ferrari comparison. :wink:

1 Like

317ss is 0940 in tcr set it for that. :+1:

317l set to 0940
316l already has preset.
304ss set to 1000. Tcr is 1016 and it only goes up to 1000
All these pre sets work sopt on. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::dash::dash::dash:
@daath these numbers work fine anyone stuck can you refer them to these numbers please. :+1:
Ps: 403 canā€™t be used on this update. The tcor is too high.

2 Likes

Thank you, Iā€™ll try thoseā€¦

True that, 130 to 50, nearly triple. And the mini fits the pocket so much better. Donā€™t get me wrong, I think the evic mini is the best single 18650 mod out there.

Yeah I saw that in the Wire Wizard, but Iā€™m not sure how to multiply 879 times 10 to the negative 6th power. I probably ditched math class that day to go surfing. Or is the OP from the Joyetech forum using the 879 number and rounding to 88? The tcr field in the mini has 4 places, so how would the 88 be entered? I tried 0094, that was no good, so 0088 probably wonā€™t work either. I apologize for my inability to grasp this conceptā€¦:confused:

What @Pattie was saying is 317L should be somewhere around 940. The number @Big_Benny_MI gave was 94. So Iā€™d say for 316, the 88 (or 87.9) would become 880 or 879. Someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong, as I really have no idea what this is, just deducing from comments here.

EDIT: Also wanted to mention that googleā€™s calculator will handle exponents. You can put in something like 879 * 10^-6 to the search bar in google and it will give you the answer.

1 Like