eVic VTC Mini - 3.0 Software now available

Thanks for the heads up on the latest update.

@Pattie Glad those numbers are working for you. They sure aren’t the ones they show on the website or the ones being posted elsewhere. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ue82NUopJNZ6JNVWY2yHIGgnSRaktpMzneM5_8tkOT4/pub

I’m a practical man though. You use what works. Path of least resistance and all. :+1:

P.S. @Daath Did somebody 8 bit nerf our emojis?

These are the settings I’ve been using and they work perfectly
317l ss 0940
316l ss already has its slot.
304 ss. The tcor for 304 is 1016 and the mod will only go to 1000. However if you leave it at 1000 it vapes fine.
430 ss the tcor is too high for this update to run that particular grade of ss
The tcor can be found on steam engine under wire wizard.
To adjust your mod to do these settings :-
5cilcks power off. Press and hold fire and up button together for 5 seconds. Tcr menu appears. You have 3sets here m1 m2 and m3. Use fire button to jump to the number and set numbers listed above for the grades of ss your using. Once you’ve done that and the screen goes blank. 5cilcks on. 3clicks along to tcr while tcr is flashing down button to pick m1 m2 or m3.
Hope this helps. Mines vapeing perfectly.

Look at tcr in vapeing range. 880 right? Adjust that to the 0000 on the mod ie 0880. In this instance its for 316ss which already has its slot.
317ss 940 in vapeing range 0940 on the mod.

I’m not disagreeing with you. Scroll up I posted a screenshot of the exact same thing. I’m saying the official websites disagreeing with you. But, like I say, I’m a practical guy. Who cares what “they” say if you know what works. I don’t own the mod yet (waiting on delivery), so can’t test it. Just doing my research before arrival.

I’m just trying to help aswell my friend. It frustrates me when people are having problems and i try to help as much as i can.
I had a load of problems with the x cube and all the guys on here were only too willing to help. So just trying to pass some love back. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::dash::dash::dash::+1:

1 Like

Your theory is right @JoJo. Works perfect on the mini.

Don’t suppose you’ve tried with Nickel or Ti yet have you Pattie? Those numbers are in the 3000-6000 range. Just curious how you’d go about entering those?

You can’t enter those numbers. Ti and ni are presets.
I don’t use ni at all. My prefered two are ss and ti.

Looking at the numbers there is a difference between the ti grades so that would be handy to be able to dial it in. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Especially since the manufacturer says you should be able to. As well as NiFe.

NiFe i think was the only other option to adjust.

Yep, for example Sweet Spot’s “Ti” is really a titanium/iron alloy (TiFe?) so the numbers might not work for that. I like their product but they don’t state clearly what it is, nor provide the tcr.

1 Like

After seeing the questions about what all wire you can set this for and since I only have Ti wire I decided to try something. Near the top of this thread I posted a pic of the chart Joyetech released. looking at the slot for Ti it list 300 - 400 so I went and set my m3 slot to 0315 now with my Ti wire build I can switch from TC Ti mode to TC m3 mode and the vape is very similar possibly even just a little cooler than the factory setting for Ti

I hope this helps and does not cause confusion but figured I would see what happened

As you can see I set
m1 to 0300
m2 to 0350
m3 to 0400

In comparison to the factory Ti setting
m1 is cooler
m2 is similar
m3 is warmer

Interesting

EDIT:
Having vaped the different settings for a bit now I can tell you that
m1=30 F cooler
m2= very similar to the factory Ti setting
m3=30F warmer

I only have Ti and nickel but I never use nickel so don’t really want to do a build just to test this.

To help here is the chart I put up originally

2 Likes

Mind trying 366 sometime in one of those settings to compare to the default? Just curious as you say 350 is close.

I just tried it and it is so close I really can not tell the difference between them.

I have to say with running the 400 setting makes a very nice vape but I am running at 60F less and the vape is actually warmer and denser than if I use the factory Ti setting and 60F more temp

EDIT: I think the temperature is regulated much better and seems more realistic to your set temp using the 0400 TCR at least with the wire I have. Loving it

1 Like

Just tried that setting and it gave a nice warm vape at 0400 tcr , duel coil ti 22g 2.5id 0.10 ohm. Yet the same tank on ti, same settings in ti mode, the vape was there , plentiful but just not as warm.
Might just fine tune it and keep it in M3 for that build.
On another note i hope the update for the rx includes something like this. Be cool. :snowman_with_snow::snowflake:

Pattie I set my TCR at 1000 as you suggested for my Crown .25 coil, and I get a nice warm vape. But I also set M2 to 400 and I get almost the same warm vape. So I’m thinking that you dont need the TCR set so high.

1 Like

I’m gonna hafta buy another one of these while I wait for warranty…I gotta have another!!
So who’s got the lowest price for after Christmas???
The new update looks great, and the mini already did tc better than any of my other devices, even 316L before the the update.

1 Like

after reading all this concerning the TCR I tried the settings for the TCR for Ti wire as I posted above. What I found would suggest the following.

Nickel your setting would look like 0600 to 0700
NiFe 0300 to 0400
Ti 0300 to 0400
SS 0088 to 0200

I do not have any SS wire or I would try the settings I just posted above if someone using SS would try theses settings and post your results please do. My guess is the 0088 to 0200 is going to be the ticket for SS

1 Like