Favorite quotes

Not only is it legal to hunt them here and in most states but in West Virginia it’s akin to a religion.

3 Likes

Well, I would support the killing of squirrels as an offering to the Goddess Nut over the usual theology.

I’ll save you the rant on American christianity.

3 Likes

Thank you kind sir.

3 Likes

6 Likes

It could potentially be a lot more costly though. I suppose I disagree with Jack London.
He should be cancelled immediately! :grin:

Welcome to the forum :wave:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums @zakariyamosh.

We have a forum for new members to introduce themselves and countless guides to topics which may aid you.Help for Newbies Be polite and introduce yourself!

3 Likes

Reality is what it is, not what you want it to be. --Frank Zappa

9 Likes

Oh how intriguing! I hear some cursed the idea, though. I don’t know much about it but can we have some of your darling redheads?
Image result for is the grey squirrel native to britain

4 Likes

Oh he would have a time of it with today’s physicists! For example…According to quantum mechanics…

:crazy_face: :rofl:

6 Likes

My mom was a bit “touched”. Not quite like your auntie but there were times when my sister and I just shook our heads. The stories were out of this world, especially about the people who were conspiring against her. The best (and funniest) one was the declaration that someone was spiking her milk with something making her horny :rofl: I watched her pour entire cartons of fresh milk down the drain.

5 Likes

Most people thought Zappa was a stoner. I actually knew some people who went to the Haight back when they were young hippies. They ran into him while they were trying to score drugs and he gave them his spiel about why you shouldn’t put drugs and alcohol in your body. I personally think he was underrated as a musician . He had an incredible talent for the guitar but clowned around so much that people didn’t take him seriously. He didn’t care!

4 Likes

One of my sons, favorite artists. He inspired him to pick up a guitar and play and now music is his life. I actually knew someone who knew Frank personally back in the day. He knew just about everybody who lived in Laurel Canyon in the 60’s and 70’s. He said Frank never did drugs himself, but apparently everyone else in the Mothers did and the parties at his house were pretty wild.
I never got into his music. I appreciated his talent though.

5 Likes

It’s my daughter dear, not my auntie :rofl:
If it was my auntie it would be easy.

I scrolled up to see where the confusion came from. Squirrel mentioned his auntie.
Have you been hitting the weed again girl? You know it’s not good for you. Be like Zappa and send it to me.

4 Likes

Well, that depends on knowing what ‘reality’ actually is. We quantum nutters cannot agree on that point.

It is baffling, so I chose a more spiritual interpretation to make the key issues a tad easier.

My own interpretation is a deranged series of wheels within wheels with black holes being pocket universes and parallel universes existing but interacting with them is limited.

4 Likes

I don’t think anybody can agree on what reality is. It differs from person to person.
As an unschooled person I do not know very much. What I understood from this quantum thing was that whatever the researcher was expecting to happen during his research, did happen.

If that is so then it’s the thought that creates the reality. I have stopped trying to grasp these subjects with my rational mind. It doesn’t work.
It reminds me of Yuval Noah Harari claiming the soul doesn’t exist because scientists have never found it.

I’ve seldom laughed so loud in my live. It seems to me that if you want to find something, the first requirement is that you know what the thing you are looking for looks like.
Is the soul material?
He brings everything down to the rational level and according to that view, we are just algorithms, inferior ones too. Our emotions are chemical reactions and our thoughts are just neurons firing around in our brains.
We are basically inferior computers and therefore can be easily replaced.

There’s one thing he cannot explain. The stream of consciousness that is part of being human.
Life is far more complicated than our rational minds can understand. We need a different tool for that.

Let’s end with a quote, to avoid derailing again. Another one out of my own box.

A toothbrush is a very handy instrument, unless you try to dig up your garden with it.

7 Likes

Well some are agolastic. Personally, it tend to keep the stiff upper lip and rely on dry humour. Although, I have corpsed a few times during recording sessions.

Ah the weight of the soul - that’s a heavily debated topic.

3 Likes

Seems 'ol Jack could use a spelling lesson.

7 Likes

Just too lazy to backread to refresh my memory. You impress me with your sleuthing skills to understand my confusion. Wanna be my therapist?

4 Likes

Is it handy enough to clean my keyboard?

4 Likes

Maybe the atom stops moving when we look at it because it’s stopping to look at us.

4 Likes