Favourite winter meal?

You guys are unfair, I’m getting so hungry reading this thread :rage:

1 Like

I can’t go past a good roast the whole bit with a really nice proper gravy in Winter. Must have roast pumpkin &potatoes, Parsnips good roasted. MMM, My favourite is lamb (make incisions and insert sprigs of rosemary and garlic). For gravy use the pan juices. Use your preferred thickener. I use a flash one called FTD126 but flour will do. Some red wine and voila. I am in heaven. Then make a shepherds pie the next night with the leftovers.

4 Likes

Or chicken and homemade noodles I made that last week for us. Hadn’t had it in a long time it was fantastic.

1 Like

There I fixed it for you, you accidently said lamb and we all know you meant beef right. :smile:

Threads like this can be fattening

1 Like

Hell now you Americans and your cows. Baby lambs for us Aussies

I just came in from clearing off our latest 4 inches of snow, and saw the crock pot plugged in. The first thing I thought of was this thread!

4 Likes

I also add some tomatoes, cumin, coke, lime juice and some of the ground meat as well as pieces… Never tried the masa though, as mine usually comes out thick enough.

Mushroom soup??? A step too far methinks :slight_smile:

When it is snowing you cannot beat proper onion soup with Gruyere croutons… Or pumpkin soup with blobs of gooey Fontina cheese! Yum!

Its just a great way to thicken it up quickly and those of us that like mushrooms use it as an excuse to get mushrooms in the mix.

1 Like

After leaving Ozo’s house I think I will stop by yours. Damn you guys know how to cook a good meal.

1 Like

I just went up to the kitchen for a hot coffee refill (fresh coffee & my Kayfun :+1: )

Couldn’t resist taking a peek in the crock pot. Beef, taters, carrots, onions…mmm. That also usually means in a day or two, we’ll be having my wife’s home made Crescent Roll dough pasties, with the leftovers.

If we were closer, I’d invite @Ken_O_Where (fellow pastie lover) over for a sample.

4 Likes

While I like a standard roast, I prefer a 7 bone chuck done up in the crockpot, to me that is what a “roast” is suppose to be, I guess it’s the fat that is still there.

1 Like

Unless I’m doing one for sandwiches then I like the eye of round, seared, roasted extremely hot and sliced very very thin. Makes the best roast beef Sammy.

But…today will be Seven-Cheese Andouille stuffed pasta…homemade pasta and homemade andouille sausage.
Plus extra pasta for freezing…and extra farfalle pasta for shrimp alfredo tomorrow.
Sometimes I make pasta with spinach water, beet water, carrot water, etc.

Love my Phillips…

3 Likes

Anything from this place … LOL

https://pappadeaux.com/menu/

But I love the Shrimp E’touffee with dirty rice and the fried alligator appetizer

3 Likes

Is there an easy route to get to @ozo’s home then over to @GPC2012 and then @Rob62 to visit the restaurant via @BoyHowdy for Texas toast? I think I could happily plan an American Roadtrip based on yous all cooking skills! :heart_eyes::yum:. Oh, and @CallMeTut’s chilli toooo :+1:

3 Likes

Just jump on a plane and come on out to Phoenix I have a guest room … LOL :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh hell let me know when you’re coming and I’ll really cook something. This was just a simple throw together meal.

3 Likes