Federal Express (wth)

Update, not to my surprise there is no package today. I called their office at 4:50pm and they supposedly tried to call the regional truck dispatch office, but nobody answered. They don’t know where my package is now because there was no time stamp recorded since yesterday (when it was out for delivery). In other words they lied to me twice today about the status of the delivery. Tomorrow if it does not come I am going to call Liquid Barn and ask them to refund the order; I know it’s not their fault but I am otherwise helpless in this matter.

4 Likes

This is such BS.
So my package was NOT delivered today. Reverted back to delivery ‘pending’ for the third time. Should of had my nic on Friday. Today is 8 days in transit. Called them yesterday, and today & just like @HVPGH and was also lied to. Yesterday was told it was out for delivery, same today yet no delivery. :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

4 Likes

I don’t know what FedEx has turned into, but it seems a joke to call them a top tier shipper at this rate. WTF did happen to them ? Maybe time for a class action lawsuit ??

Hate to say it, but just sayin’.

3 Likes

i just sent them this nice tweet:

6 Likes

that is just sad :sleepy:

3 Likes

For those seeking to actively avoid having vendors use FedEx as a shipping carrier, and regarding (for me entirely ignored, and not, by their own account, by any mistake, but merely to save themselves likely just a few pennies) IMR Batteries shipping carrier options (as ostensibly selected by customers during checkout):

Where I live, UPS does a great job, whereas the feckless clowns that FedEx has used for many years are thoroughly incompetent slobs who love to leave parcels downstairs (rather than delivering directly to my apartment), begging to be stolen by anybody off the street. I chose UPS when ordering. IMR sent me an email stating that they would be using UPS. Then they sent me a subsequent email today stating that they were shipping it via FedEx !?! I called their toll-free customer service telephone number immediately. The young fellow told me that such is what they do (if it saves them a few cents), as if it was nothing to do that to customers. This rather pissed me off, so I gave him a piece of my mind (regarding an over $50 US order, no less) - and (it appears just barely in time today) they canceled the FedEx shipment and have now shipped it via UPS. (If the carrier chosen matters to you), do not trust them to follow their own written assurances as to the shipping carrier.

5 Likes

I got my IMR order today it came UPS and I didn’t even ask. In fact all 3 of my IMR orders have come UPS. Maybe in my state UPS is cheaper for them. IDK

Now my River’s Order is coming FedEx and on Friday the 13th, That scares me. :wink:

3 Likes

Their checkout web-page had a selection of UPS or FedEx (priced within a few nickels of each other). Perhaps (during their recent BF battery sale), they got a bit “chintzy about the chariots” ? They thought nothing of changing plans without even asking, after emailing that it was via UPS (after I had paid more for UPS), merely to “pocket some of my change”. Further, they seemed surprised that I would be pissed-off !

On Thursday, the Moon will be full in the Twelfth Month on the Twelfth Day at precisely 12:12 AM, EST. Better hope those feckless dweebs who work delivery for FedEX survive the night before your delivery.

:clown_face:

4 Likes

LOL full moon crazyness that is really a thing!. :wink:

I think I remember the price was the same for both so I didn’t have to choose I left it default.

I know what your going through. I hate it but…when I put out a certian energy like I really want something “my way”… it doesn;t happen happen. It’s when I don’t care that things seem to go smooth. Really weird or just a psychological projection/coincidence or full moon madness. :rofl:

But yea I ordered from a black friday sale. and Im really getting it on a REAL Black Friday. how about that! :rofl:

Who cares if they survive I just hope my package survives. :rofl:

3 Likes

Several studies refute such things - yet many folks (including those who work with the public) do seem to get psyched about it. Statistics has a way of annihilating anecdotally recounted experiences. If it is important in the minds of one or more sentient beings, then rhetorical doors are opened to (any) thing holding perceived significance. The thought-picture need not exist outside of the realms of mind that we invariably associate with some referenced sense of experiential “concreteness”. A “looking glass darkly” (or something like that).

If some particular metaphor(s) holds some importance with sentient beings inter-relating, strictly objective verification of some common experience is not necessarily required to imbue relational significance. :thinking:

The two previous Friday, December 13ths in this millennium have not been nearly as close to full Moon.

Everything possible to be believed is an image of truth.

He’s a Blockhead who wants a proof of what he can’t perceive,
and he’s a Fool who tries to make such a Blockhead believe.

-William Blake

Whatever you do, my friend, do Not think about Blue Cows:

Source: https://cdn.iflscience.com/images/2210d5e6-5f21-59cb-8b58-664d42a0b1e3/content-1497609145-blue-moo.jpg

4 Likes

Nah… I only think of Pink Elephants. :wink:

2 Likes

Nah… I only think of Pink Elephants. :wink: It’s when I don’t care that things seem to go smooth.

You do know that they are actually Albino Elephants who bathed too long in the Grenadine syrup, right ? :stuck_out_tongue: (Perhaps) upping the Boron concentration in the Maraschino Cherries might make everything copasetic ?

Or, branch out into “social media” commiseration ?

… or this group (the name of which rather says it all):

http://www.fedex-sucks.net/index.php

Source: https://causes-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/T0/Ep/Kh/iw/sg/FN/7u/VsB.jpg

Source: https://beautyovercomplaints.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/fedup-close-472x472.jpg

Source: https://i.redd.it/g9bpokcu1x731.jpg

Source: https://www.jeylafashions.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/300x300/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/e/fed-up.jpg

Source: https://s23527.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/fedex.png

If FEDEX is to pay out anything….they will only pay the insured amount, that you’ve stated on your FEDEX shipping bill. And they get to keep the case and its contents that you shipped. But wait…it gets better…You have to prove that value of everything that was in your shipment. That’s right….you need to show proof of purchase and the receipt for EVERYTHING that’s in your case that you’ve shipped. They make it very difficult to get your money. And it’s a lengthy process that can take several months.

However, On Trac is the all-time, world-class worst ! Amazon (used to) use them all too often around here. Their drivers are paid by-delivery (as opposed to a humane hourly-rate). They have virtually never securely delivered parcels to our building (dumping them on public 1st Floor). Happened again today to a neighbor.

:clown_face:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Seriously??? My FX delivery guy is the best…!!!

2 Likes

I don’t know how other areas do it, but I live in a rural area and get the same drivers every time, have for years. They’re great and I’ve never had any issues with the last mile part. Until it gets on their truck, though, it’s sometimes a little wonky. I have a LOT more trouble with USPS than Brown or FedUp.

Ah, drifting into a side story. The UPS guy we had for the first 15 years we were here retired. He was a super cool dude, and the new guy is too. He came back this year (contractor for the holiday rush) and made it a point to ring the doorbell and wait for me to answer just so he could say hello and the usual small talk. Swell fellow. I bet @SmilingOgre wouldn’t even have eaten him.

4 Likes

You got that right. Ya find a good one, ya keep em around.

3 Likes

I gave him a 12 pack of brew for Christmas every year. If I knew he was coming, I would have been ready.

2 Likes

Groove! I have/had (not sure) a great woman driver (last couple deliveries not her) and she has been telling me about some of the crap Fedex management has been pulling as of late. A decade ago Fedex was the way to go, far better than OoooPs. Things have really changed and now Fedex is more like the WallFart of shipping. They are really pushing the envelope of labor laws. Not sure how their practices are even legal.

4 Likes

Going on 4:30EST and although the package was/is supposedly on the delivery truck (per tracking), time stamped 3:42am, nothing. I called their corporate phone number in Memphis, TN and was automatically transferred to a Dominican Republic call center. The rep told me that it will be delivered today and I told him that is bull, I asked him to note the account for the 4th time. I spoke with Bobby at Liquid Barn (super nice guy) and he told me that he doesn’t know what is happening at FedUp but he spends a great part of his day fielding such calls as mine and on the phone with them. Based on the general status quo and FedX deliveries he said that it is not unusual for deliver to take 10 BUSINESS days this time of year. (My wife has ordered twice from Amazon since the 3rd and all of her stuff came next day via UPS) -Bobby also said that for some reason FX is delineating packages as out for delivery thinking it will placate their customers, when in effect it is having the exact opposite affect. Bobby said he is going to personally keep track of my delivery and if more than 10 bushiness days go he will …I don’t know but he seems nice. wtf - I know it is not life & death or anything and more of a 1st world issue but CMON MAN

2 Likes
  • Wednesday , 12/11/2019

3:42 am

PALMETTO, FL

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

• 3:27 am

PALMETTO, FL

At local FedEx facility

• Monday , 12/09/2019

6:29 pm

PALMETTO, FL

Delivery exception