First thoughts on the Geekvape Griffin

You are not making the wait any easier guys… Lol

7 Likes

… Wait over :grin::grin::+1::+1:

6 Likes

Double fisting it there @vaping_tom? You deserve it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

this thing is superb!!!

4 Likes

I’m in love… Now for the first time in my vape life I’m vape-satisfied. Not only is the Griffin the best tank I have tried but it’s also the first time I have had a true tc. The rx200 decided to work perfectly with the Griffin, 24g ss316L 8 wrap spaced and I’m in heaven.

I mounted the Mrs Griffin with 22gn80 7 wrap 3.0id and clouds and flavor for days.

I’m having a good vape day! :grinning:

7 Likes

1 Like

Just after I wrote the last post I was in the kitchen making spaghetti meatballs and walked into the living room to get my mod.I looked at the screen and thought: that’s weird. The mod had jumped to wattage mode and having had the x cube doing it all the time I just clicked over to ss tc and took a hit​:fearful::fearful: hot lava shot into my mouth and I jumped back and said wtf!! The same second the Mrs called from the living room: did you take my mod dear?

I had accidentally taken her mod, that hasn’t been setup to tc, meaning that I got 200w blasted into my mouth :joy::joy: we have got to get skins for the rx200’s… Lol.

3 Likes

Me too, ordered mine 22nd dec. I’m in the uk though :weary:

1 Like

The grub screws on my Griffin tank are not holding down clapton builds securely, I managed to strip 2 of them without applying much pressure, so watch out for that! I have mixed feelings on this Griffin tank, I was expecting something wonderful based on the rave Youtube reviews, but I’m left a little disappointed. Right now I have a dual coil clapton build in the Griffin, but actually I prefer the flavour from a Herakles Plus tank in a side by side comparison, both tanks are using the same e-juice.

1 Like

Sorry about the grub screws ,but thanks for the heads up!

yeah, VapinFagan did mention the grub screws in his Griffin review but I didn’t see it in time, there are replacements in the box which I’m using at the moment but will look for some better screws.

Get a quality Allen key set… That’s a must for all these Chinese atties!! I’m currently using a ss316L coils in it and flavor for days. Really surprised because of the high airflow.

1 Like

absolutely, don’t use the included silver allen key in the box for heavier guages, and if you do be careful not to over-tighten.

1 Like

Can you supply a link to the rayon wick you are using?

I am using the cellucotton rayon fiber , the best bargain is to buy it in the box.A friend told me about it and I bought a small bag of Infinite Wicks on eBay to try.It’s not that I hate cotton but I do hate the taste when re-wicking.I still use cotton on all my non t/c builds.I have seen posts about rayon being bad if burned?
I think the rayon wicks better and has much less break in than anything I have found.I have also noticed the rayon seems to not hold onto a flavor when dripping.I can change between similar e-juice profiles without having to change wicks.
I have also noticed the rayon doesn’t break down or discolor the same way that cotton does.There is hardly any darkening , even where it was touching the coil.
Wicks are very much a personal preference type thing but I am very happy with it.If you would like to try it out just send a p.m. and I will send you a sample.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CelluCotton-100-Rayon-48-ft-Cotton-Vape-Atty-RDA-RBA-Wick-Wicking-/121632175382?hash=item1c51d7b516:g:kkIAAOSwPcVVwXpF

1 Like

that offer apply to me as well? i wouldn’t mind giving that a try myself…
i could send you a sample of the things i have:
ko gen do
moji
fiber freaks cotton blend
egyptian cotton
cotton bacon
native wicks
tell me which you wanna try…if any at all

2 Likes

Of course ,It applies to anyone reading this who would like to give it a try.

2 Likes

For those of you in a hurry to try rayon, there’s probably a little ball of it in the top of the pill bottle you might have just opened. But, ya gotta do a burn test on that stuff first to make sure it’s the pharma grade rayon. It should ash like you’re burning a paper product, once you set fire to it. If not, don’t use it!

I wish I could find a retailer of pharma grade rayon without having to buy a bale of it!

2 Likes

That is a great point JimK! I watched a P. Busardo video where he did some tests with different wicks.I had always thought that rayon would melt like a nylon.I was wrong as usual , the rayon actually when it reached it’s flash point left the least amount of residue.
I have tried the burn test from what I have,it burns complete , no fumes, and no noticeable ash.

2 Likes

No problem with wicking over here :wink::+1:
Love this tank

3 Likes