First time post!

no I’m just working on Oz time now so I did my American stuff earlier and now am rolling over to Oz day. Last meeting at 4pm which is 11pm my time.

2 Likes

I see :slight_smile:

Yah almost lunchtime here.

@rcleven’s post fina new jam packed with facts…

Oh… mm

3 Likes

This example you showed only prevents sales to minors. This is the bill that pushed up the age restriction from 18 to 21. The bill has no language for USPS to stop delivery of vaping products.
Either way it was a tacked on bill to the budget related bill introduced by A Dem Dian Finestein. Election was over. Not signing the bill means The government is shut down. A lame duck is not going to shut down the government. Finestein introduced the bill ( that wasn’t even hers it was Dick Durbin who did all the work.).

5 Likes

One my favourite books is set in Kansas: In Cold Blood - Truman Capote…

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM.

Whole family dead :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

Has anyone come up with a test for salt nic?

3 Likes

Sounds as simple as swapping the acid for alkaline on the test kit, though I’m no chemist and it probably isn’t

2 Likes

I stand corrected then. However, it would be both parties signing this into law for the benefit of big tabac! The concern over kids purchasing vapes but no concern for guns killing them in schools is mind boggling.

4 Likes

and what do you see as their end game with this?

3 Likes

“and what do you see as their end game with this?”

taxs , campaign contributions and votes. and probably some under the table moneys .

4 Likes

Technically yes. By December both houses were under Democratic control. If you look who voted for it and who didn’t it went down to party lines. It was going to pass. Not as a antivape but as a budget bill.

5 Likes

Where’s she gone!

3 Likes

The end game is to collect cigarette tax money! The States are short on income due to Covid-19. The bonds sold against the tax revenue have to be repaid. I live in a state that lives beyond it’s means. Cigarette tax money goes to the general fund and nothing cigarette related. They use the money for salery and pensions of state employees.

6 Likes

Big tobacco isn’t even a though in this. Big tobacco has their bases covered no matter what happens. This is strictly you’re and mine government making a money grab for the States. At least I hope so. There is enough evidence that vaping is safer than smoking. I would hate to think they are trying to kill me off.

5 Likes

The concern for kids is strictly marketing. If you looked at the updated numbers from last year I believe it reverted back to the norm. The news didn’t make the large news outlets because it’s not as shocking. Shocking sells mundane is a waste of type.

4 Likes

Where’s she gone! :frowning:

Chick who already uses RBAs and builds her own when she first gets here and before we’ve haranguing her into it… :drooling_face:

Every time I get a new toy I like :angry:

4 Likes

You should tell us what kinds of flavours you’re into, too, so you can start getting suggestions on which of those types are exceptional must-have concentrates.

4 Likes

The same as it’s always been for those in power…to retain it. We’re in the age of experts now. Our politicians have figured out that they can let the experts dictate policy instead of them. If the experts get it right, then the politicians were wise for appointing them. If it goes wrong then they blame them and appoint new ones. This way they don’t take responsibility for anything negative. It’s there to see from the presidency on down. It’s a sad time for the people of this country no matter which tribe they’re in.

8 Likes

I have kids. Fuck the kids!

6 Likes

Mine are all adults. They say FU dad.

7 Likes

You’ll get your revenge someday as a grandfather.

5 Likes