First time post!

sent

thank you :blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

i will give it a try and report back here. you know what they say = one mans garbage, is another mans gold. :+1:

7 Likes

9 Likes

That is weird.

I don’t think I’ve ever tried a custard that hasn’t had time to steep except the last few I’ve mixed and the custard is barely there at all when first mixed.

Though, with a 5+ day steep time you’re doubtless getting steeped custards, just only steeped the minimum few days.

It is after all, unlikely they would send any juice the day it’s mixed though there are some online stores that mix fresh to order.

4 Likes

Speaking of steepage, I’m starting to get relatively excited now the juices I mixed a few days ago will be starting to develop some flavour.

Few more days and I can get em out and test them :smirk:

Also relatively exciting knowing I’ve got around 400mLs of highly vapable liquids developing, after having not-so tasty juice for weeks.

I should try that bottle of citric acid salts I made too: the flavours in that have even had almost a week now to develop.

7 Likes

I thought Lenola Cream was horrid as well. That was early days for me and it solidified the lesson that vape tastes were highly subjective.

6 Likes

What does citric acid salt bring to mixes? I’ve never heard of it before.

3 Likes

The hardest part about custards is literally the wait time. There are enough established recipes by respectable mixers that you don’t have to work through the guessing game of “will this work”, it’s just a game of “how long will this take to steep”.

If you can make mac and cheese from a box, you can DIY ejuice.

Welcome to the thunderdome.

7 Likes

citric acid is a souring agent, it being in salt form may make it it a more potent version but sour isn’t so much a flavor as it is a sensory reaction.

I would assume it’s just a souring agent.

5 Likes

that is very true, even easier actually. BUT, finding what to make, that is the problem, for me anyway. as i don’t have a lot of flavors to just go Willie Nilly trying different things out.

6 Likes

Acids turn freebase into salts and though commercial salts are converted using Benzoic Acid, there’s several others that can be used.

But there’s barely anything written about it, so I’m taking it upon myself to try it and see what the difference really is.

Converting freebase to salts is as simple as adding 1 part acid for every 1 part freebase nicotine, basically.

3 Likes

it just now popped into my head from what you just said.

put acid in base to help preserve it. ???

3 Likes

Nooo to turn it into salt nicotine.

2 Likes

yes, but, it is said that salt nic lasts a lot longer.

4 Likes

Well true, though it’s the lung hit and smoothness I’m most interested in: especially for dual freebase/salt mixes where I’ll reduce the freebase to 3mg/mL because it’s - say - honey & milk and I don’t want the freebase reducing the smoothness so I’ll add 15mg salt as well.

End up with 18mg without the flavour being affected.

4 Likes

?? But I’m a lady ??

5 Likes

OMG, My nic arrives today. I’m nervous now. I’ve never worked with high concentrates of nicotine.

4 Likes

Goggles, and gloves.

3 Likes

I have cycling sun glasses that cover most of my eye, good?

3 Likes

i broke down my 250mg with no precautions at all, other than just carefull handling = spill as little as possible. basically like if i was handling paint thinner.
a Kraken is not going to launch out of the battle at you.

now, if you are sensitive to stuff = gloves.

3 Likes

It’s 100mg nic strength. That’s pretty high no?

3 Likes