First time post!

Hehe, no, but this is the issue with forum posting. ONE thing gets misunderstood, and 10 people respond, then I, or others have to reverse the entire direction of that portion of the thread.

We just have a combination of the following:

• Liter shipping bottles
  • 500ml storage bottles
  • 30m-60ml working bottles
5 Likes

Thinking Scotty is shopping.

5 Likes

Yeah 'cause there’s almost 450 posts now at around 80 per day, so missing bits and peices while scrolling’s just a thing.

1 Like

Roger that @Letitia, I have to cut through the fog here, as she is getting too much information, from too many directions.

5 Likes

I’m FEARFUL that this type of post/thread will be becoming more common as this shipping ban / PTMA goes into effect.

Panic, panic shopping, confusion, and failure to search the forum first, etc. People TRYING to help, but overwhelming the OP.

7 Likes

Or still in a meeting.

3 Likes

Most of the feedback from everyone has been to relax and not panic.

Only at the beginning we all pressed the urgency of ordering the nic base itself RIGHT NOW.

Everything else has been geared to stop her worrying about letting it look more complex than it is.

5 Likes

I’m not sure the thread bloat is quite entirely from people trying to help, but hey.

6 Likes

Nah there’s plenty of standard conversational posts, but that’s how humans are.

5 Likes

Really, for minimum stress she can just toss the nicotine base directly in the fridge as they come, then worry about storage next week - the base will be fine especially unopened.

6 Likes

Agreed. Just thinking that maybe the earlier statement about 20 people screwing her up and one person rescuing her is a bit odd. But hey.

4 Likes

Yeah well most the advice has been to simplify and we’ve got her down to as simple as ‘chuck it in the fridge til later’ and ‘Sure just use syringes until you get a scale’

That’s pretty simplified.

Got a bit complicated when numbers started getting involved, but she doesn’t even really need to panic about storing the base when it arrives immediately: it’ll be fine in the fridge until she’s done a few mixes and gets around to storing it.

Most crucially, she wants to start mixing and should start asap since she’s into custards she’ll have a several day to 2 week steep time, so the sooner she’s started something the sooner it’ll be on it’s way.

Even the maths to confirm her amounts is simple as, since her recipes will be in %'s:

1% x (total mix amount) = mL to add.
3% x 30.00mL = 0.9mL

Do that for each component and she’ll be fine.

4 Likes

I’ll have to wait till she gets back, to gauge her technical level, but IMO, mixing by simple weight, removes about any math. No converting, follow the gram amounts on the calculator and done. Simplest, cleanest, fastest way to mix, hands down. IMO. And, again, IMO, the BEST way for newer mixers to get into DIY’ing.

Any method wherein you have to convert, math it out, just adds unnecessary complexity, with no gains.

5 Likes

Yeah but if she can’t find a scale, she said she’ll be happy to have a go by volume and she’s got multiple different sized syringes.

She’s also got enough Capella Vanilla Custard to have a bash without worrying about using it up and I’d be itching to start doing something too with the flavours all sitting there all weekend waiting.

If she does find a scale while she’s out, she can use weight or volume if she likes, course, but she wants to mix when her nic base arrives today so if there’s no digital scales mL aand syringes it is.

2 Likes

I’d be inclined to let her play around with it herself and figure it out to begin with too: she’s smart enough to manage a multinational business, quite smart enough to measure flavours and create mixes.

Let her ask for help when she’s stuck, if she gets stuck, but with the quality of flavours she’s got she could pretty much just squirt ~8% custard and 2% Cotton Candy in glycerine, chuck it in the cupboard and try it in a few days: it’ll taste fine just like that.

I’d also be more inclined to have her start with percentages since they’re universal and can be easily changed to any size mix using mL or g just as easily.

Much simpler to measure the nic base in % too: since its 100mg base, 6mg/mL = 6%.

Anyway, here’s your basic vanilla custard all measured out ahead of time so you don’t even need to think about how much of anything to add and can start with something that’s already mathematically sorted and with the flavours you were talking about this morning…

Super-basic Vanilla Custard (15mL, 6mg, 70/30)

Amounts to add in red:

• 6% x 15.00mL = 0.9mL 100mg Nic base [6mg/mL]
  • 8% x 15.00mL = 1.2mL Vanilla Custard
  • 2% x 15.00mL = 0.3mL Sweet Almond
  • 1% x 15.00mL = 0.15mL Cotton Candy

Brings our PG total to 17% so far since all the flavours and nic base is suspended in PG, so add another 13% pure PG to get it to 30%:

• 13% x 15.00mL = 1.95mL PG

Then finish off with VG:

• 70% x 15.00mL = 10.5mL VG

Super easy equation to remember and if she’s working with weight just swap the ml for grams: 6% is always 6% - whatever unit of measurement you’re using.

3 Likes

All you need to know is Flavorah Vanilla Pudding and Sugar Cookie v2 Capella are your most needed flavor concentrates!

7 Likes

I’ve gotta get all those mainstream brands - soon as I’ve got my basics covered from the faster, easier local VTA.

4 Likes

why the V2 ?

4 Likes

I was wondering that too…

4 Likes

I agree mixing by weight is simple and effective but having mixed by volume I don’t find it to be any more complicated; just much more tedious. The calculator does the math for us after all. Those quoting numbers rather than encouraging using the calculator are the confusing ones imo.

6 Likes