First time post!

my first ever nic, it was a 120ml of 100mg from LB. i used it in under a year, it had noticeably changed color. i kept it on my shelf with the flavors. i still have some drops of it.

1 Like

ugh… so my smaller bottles it’s actually 50ml’s, I have one in the basement (don’t ask) and the other in the cupboard. Will move those to the fridge now. Good lord. So what is your process for thawing out nic?

no need to thaw it, it doesn’t freeze, it just gets thicker. if its in PG, no problem.

i mix my flavors in the bottle, then i run get the nic, put some in, then put the bottle right back in the fridge. then i add the VG. if i am making more than one juice, i just put the working bottle back in the firdge when i am done.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

I’ll take a photo of my 100mg base tomorrow: that’s been just sitting around in a cupboard for almost 3 months now and hasn’t changed in the slightest - not in colour or strength.

That’s a quarter of a year in summer heat - no change at all.

1 Like

Like two religious camps: on one side there’s people RUNNING to fridges so their nicotine doesn’t drop a degree - (and how sane does that sound to you Babe? Running to the fridge??)

In the other side, there’s those of us who haven’t talked themselves into a state of hysteria over what was quite likely just bad nicotine to begin with and would’ve changed colour no matter WHERE they stored it.

ONE anecdote and everyone’s slapping their heads like rainman thinking all their nicotine will be useless.

1 Like

a little over 2 years old, 100mg, never been in a fridge(maybe a few months). it has been in this bottle like this for a long time, in my empty bottle container.
considering, i would say it doesn’t look that bad, i would use it no problem, if there was more of it.

2 Likes

Exactly.

It’s barely even tinted brown after two years in a cupboard.

1 Like

I’ve just spent an hour trying to calm her down about her information-overload-induced panic about how her nicotine will all turn to dust if she makes a single mistake handling it.

And all the precautions: nobody remembers to underline that they’re only doing all that “just in case”, because nobody actually knows whether their nicotine will be just fine at room temperature - because EVERYONE has put ALL their nic base in ANY freezer they can use!

It’s insanity.

I don’t disagree with keeping it in the freezer, but I DO disagree with the buildup of panic over it and the idea nicotine needs to be treated like it’s nitro glycerine.

MANY people in in a blind panic about something nobody even knows yet and there’s nothing to say anybody’s nicotine won’t be perfectly fine in a cupboard at room temperature for YEARS ri come.

1 Like

you have a short memory, or didn’t see it. Rossum put a bottle in the freezer, and another left out. the left out bottle was quit noticeably colored.

2 Likes

the precautions are easy to take, so why not heed the advice. ymmv

2 Likes

That’s right…

How did he know it wasn’t just exposure to light that browned it and nothing to do with temperature?

He didn’t test the nic content or flavour afterwards either and only used two brands of nicotine for the whole test, when we know there’s memy different manufacturers with different quality nicotine bases.

1 Like

I’m not going to heed them to show that the only sane vaper left on earth still has perfectly clear, unchanged nicotine base in a year’s time without any precautions at all.

Other people can freezer or fridge it, but yes.

Everyone inciting panic just causes panic.

1 Like

You watch :slight_smile:

One year just stuffed in a cupboard, it’ll remain unchanged :smirk:

1 Like

Ugh… I like you dood but I’ve gotta spit this out because the panic around nic base storage drives me nuts…

That photo is the best demonstration of why people should just calm down about their nic base ‘going bad’ on them: if TWO YEARS in a cupboard is how long it took that tiny amount of nicotine base to tint that tiny bit darker, I would like to see how imperceptibly it had changed colour for that first year you mentioned.

The fact you still managed to vape the contents of that entire bottle demonstrates that it can’t of been TOO distgusting or you wouldn’t have used it.

I have no objections to people taking precautions to extend the life of their nicotine at all: that’s good and long term storage is necessary in light of legislative changes about to happen, but seeing people working one other into a state of hysteria - thinking that if they do one thing wrong then all their base will be ruined - that’s garbage.

This freezer experiment we all saw - where the dood stored some bottles in the freezer for a year or so and some out in the fridge - was at best a half arse anecdote where nobody was even watching for any other factor but temperature, without anyone ever asking whether the bottles not kept in the freezer may have been affected by being drenched in light every time that fridge door was opened and given it was a standard household kitchen fridge it would’ve been opened countless times a day - exposing the nic base inside to light from both the fridge, the room and daylight thousands of times over the duration of the ‘experiment’ - that light alone would have been enough to change the colour of the base regardless what temperature it was stored at.

Yeah.

Everyone freaking out over a few anecdotal examples of nicotine base ‘going bad’ is just ridiculous: especially when people are already as blinkered as horses about what is causing the nic base to change.

2 Likes

If cooling nicotine makes it last longer then of course, why not: but I think the extension to lifespan will wind up being so minor and so negligible, a LOT of people are going to be wondering why they went to so much trouble to protect their nicotine from ‘going bad’ based on a few threads and stories about base going brown, without anyone even factoring in ALL the factors at play in causing that to happen.

On the upside, plenty of people will have new freezers which are always good to have.

On the bad side, since everybody now has all their base in some kind of freezer, nobody even knows what would’ve happened if they’d just left it in a dark cupboard - because everyone is too panicked to leave any out the freezer to find out.

I willl do that, because as I said the first bottle of base I ordered has been sitting in a kitchen cupboard for nearly three months now without any change whatever: I’ve shaken it each time I’ve mixed, I’ve left the cap off for an hour or more as I add flavourings and it’s never been anywhere near the fridge or freezer and yet it’s still the exact same shade of feint pink, still tastes exactly the same and still (tastes) exactly the same strength as the day I broke the seal.

1 Like

Yes, please do!

1 Like

well… for me, I don’t want it to turn colors please.

1 Like

But i’d like mine to stay clear!

1 Like

Fuckin DHL.

I take it back they’re not pro, they are arse munchers :angry:

Why can’t they just leave things at the post office - everyone else does… they’reas staff there to take it, not as though they’re just leaving ot on a doorstep unattended.

Stupid fucker I’ll bet it’s a different driver than usual.

Alrighty then…

Here’s a very simple anecdotal of my own…

Though not 100PG 10% Nic base, the photo below is of two mixes of identical custards: both containing the same flavours, both 6mg/mL freebase only.

The bottle on the right has been in a dark cupboard since it was mixed almost a week ago, while the bottle on the left was mixed a day after the darker juice next to it.

The darker mix has been left just sitting out on the table since mixing: the only difference between the two mixes is the amount of exposure to light each bottle has received.

Even without direct sun remember, UV light is bouncing in windows and all around any room each day when it’s not stopped by closed blinds ir curtains.

1 Like