First time post!

Yes! Air too.

1 Like

:laughing: dude, idk were, or if, or idk, you went off track. but i was talking about “NIC”, not “juice”. when talking about colored nic, adding any flavors just throw the colored nic thing out the window.

2 Likes

Neeewp: not off-track at all muh man :laughing: :

Oxidization is what people are most worried about in respect to their nicotine base going ‘bad’: oxidization, is what happened to that juice left out the cupboard for a week with too much air in the bottle.

The same oxidization (one sec, :laughing:) goes on in plain nicotine base, as juice - flavours or not.

So, we can simplify the entire encyclopedic barrage of confusing advice about how to correctly store nicotine with as little oxidization occurring as possible, by simply advising that people have as little air in their bottles as possible and store in a cool, dark place like any other chemical.

That is ALL that needs to be said about it and ALL the advice the majority of vapers need to slow down the ‘turning’ of their nicotine base.

Oh, here’s some more, right back at ya :rofl:, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:wink:

smh

10 words

1 Like

How to store your nicotine base correctly:

To eliminate confusion and provide a practical, simple way to store nicotine base for minimum oxidization:

• Fill bottles completely to remove air and prevent oxidization.
  • Store in cool, dark place.

Simple as that.

Fridge, freezer or cold basement: whichever you have is fine - just keep it dark and get the air out the bottles and you’re golden :+1:

Of course if you’ve got a dedicated commercial freezer that’s set at sub-zero temps, with argon-topped bottles that’re rubber-sealed and made of UV blocking glass, your nicotine will very likely last a thousand fuckin’ years, but most people don’t need it to last that long and don’t need to go to that extreme.

Course that post will just gradually slide up the page and get lost, but it should really be pinned somewhere, as step one for the majority of mixers who want fresh nicotine base for longer.

For those who want to go to every length to try and make their nic base last 1000 years, a link to the Nicotine Storage thread where they can discuss which model of Arctic Pro freezer they want to order specifically for their nicotine and follow-up on every little detail to ensure their nicotine is still fresh in 3021.

There’s nothing wrong with anybody wanting to go to those lengths to try and squeeze the longest possible life-span from their base, but as it stands people think they have to START there, when they never have to and can still have their supplies last a LONG time.

Anyway if I’ve prevented one persons headache over it, that’s fine - stress will kill a person lickety-split, you know.

I just remembered I bought a fresh Supreme Pizza from Bakers Delight this afternoon! WOOWOO!

Is this really all I missed?

2 Likes

Pretty much, yep :slight_smile:

Late night with the set-in-their-ways golden oldies: how exciting did you evision that would get?

Well… I did it… I cracked the bottle on my custard cap solo recipe for a test vape… YUCK!! It’s only steeped for a total of 12 days. This could be why or maybe it’s just because I’m am too used to premium juice. I feel disappointed.

2 Likes

Hmm… guess one flavour in a bottle isn’t the GOAT for the majority of us huh?

What’s wrong with it, incidentally?

Too weak? Too plain?

What does it taste like?

Faint unsweetened one dimensional custard. I clearly am doing something wrong.

1 Like

No, remember that wa only meant to be a base?

Remember my saying that? That you probably wouldn’t like it solo? But because it takes dro long to steep you’ve gotta get some in glycerine to start?

Dunno who would’ve told you it would be great on it’s own, but it wasn’t me x

Put cheesecake in it at a 2:1 flavour ratio, I said.

Is the flavour alright though apart from being boring solo?

^ this, is why I got annoyed about certain individuals switching over from discussion in this thread to private messaging advice on the sly two weeks ago

Without knowing what that private advice was, there’s no way anyone else can counter or scrutinize anything said because nobody else knows what advice was whispered to you.

As a base to add flavours to, it’s still better than fresh-mixed custard though, so don’t worry it tastes flat as a single.

I never thought you’d find your ADV with one flavour that easily: just that you had to start some flavours so you’ve got that base for mixing - most other flavours don’t take that long to steep, so you’ll not have to wait that long with those.

It’s fine: you’ve got a bottle of custard base you can boost with other custard friendly flavours.

That was the plan three weeks ago.

What percentage flavour went in it?

no, will a longer steep time bring it out more?

1 Like

Yes, but does it taste like custard and not weird freaky shit?