Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

Where did you get that figure, lol? Do I need to call Einstein from the grave to figure this out :laughing: I’m determined to fix this. I can’t stand waste!

2 Likes

Add approximately 900ml vg gets you pretty damn close. Or keep it as a stone and mix it with 75% VG whenever you want to make a batch. Pretty simple. Just going to get sick of the flavor after awhile I imagine :wink:

5 Likes

More flavouring will be needed.
If you realy like the flavour and will use it all then make a 1200ml recipe.
To make life easier subtract what you added flavour wise then only add flavours.
When you want a bottle 75% vg and top up from flavour bottle.
The vg pg will be a bit off depending on flavour percentages in recipe. If flv 3% recipe dont worry, if 20%flavouring you may need to make the batch even bigger.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your solutions. I was getting advice from three vaping forums. From that I was able to come to my own conclusions and figure out the exact percentage that I needed to add. I won’t get into the math (God forbid, not now) but I made my first batch from the botched original and it’s smelling nice. I’ll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again. You guys saved my recipe.

3 Likes

Hi all,

Looking for a little advise on a recipe I’ve put together.
It’s just a tester I’ve called it cherry Coke if you look in my recipes. I’m not sure on how to add the link on this post, so take a look if you don’t mind and have the time.
It tastes a little chemically and bitter. I’m looking for suggestions on whether steeping is required or other flavours could be added to balance the taste or alter the percentage of some of the flavours.

Thanks in advance and appreciate those who take their time to help and advise me on this issue.

3 Likes

@Phil_Critch you just hit one of my triggers, cherry !!!

I’ve never had a cherry coke that I liked, EXCEPT for one using all FA flavors.

I would suggest using FA Black Cherry and FA Cola, and use them @ 1:2 (1 part Black Cherry, 2 parts Cola). You could start low at maybe 1% BC and 2% Cola and move up from there if you need to. Also leave out the sweetener first, just to see what’s what.

As far as your mixed results,

That could be from the flavor profile, or mixing it too high, or both. I’ve damn near killed myself trying to get a good cherry anything, and I think the FA Black Cherry will rock your Cherry Coke, and I’ve also had stellar luck with FW Cherry Crush. I think for the Cherry Coke profile, the FA would suit it better.

5 Likes

Cheers for the advice mate

4 Likes

Sorry for my lack of knowledge lol. Is TPA, Flavour Apprentice?

2 Likes

Yes @Phil_Critch sorry about that. I always use TPA for the name for some reason.

2 Likes

Does the cola syrup require steeping or is it good to go from the off?

2 Likes

A Black Cherry is perfect for Cherry Coke, and I think FA’s is the best. Their Cola is also one of, if not the best Colas. Start with them low at first, as their stronger than TPA.

2 Likes

No that’s fine, I assumed it was. Just wanted to be certain.
I’m gonna try a strawberry or raspberry with it instead.
Gonna whip one up now. :joy:

2 Likes

Ahhh shit @Phil_Critch, I thought I made up the above, think I found where I originally saw it. STILL GREAT, just not my idea. Shizzle, was sure I did it LOL.

3 Likes

It may, I never really spent much time with that flavor after I tried FA’s Cola. It is possible.

2 Likes

I’ve just mixed this and it’s not bad at all from the go.
Steeping will certainly enhance flavour as you know being experienced.

2 Likes

Hi all,

Looking for a little advise on a recipe I’ve put together.
It’s just a tester I’ve called it cherry Coke if you look in my recipes. I’m not sure on how to add the link on this post, so take a look if you don’t mind and have the time.
It tastes a little chemically and bitter. I’m looking for suggestions on whether steeping is required or other flavours could be added to balance the taste or alter the percentage of some of the flavours.

Thanks in advance and appreciate those who take their time to help and advise me on this issue.

:+1:t3::grin:

3 Likes

Just copy and paste the recipe link in your post

Also maybe move it to this thread

4 Likes

Cheers mate. Do you have any recommendations on this recipe, on how to kill the chemically and bitter taste?

3 Likes

@Phil_Critch

1 Like

I’ve never worked with cherry. Most describe it as a difficult flavor to work with. Take it to the fix my mix thread and I’m sure someone will be able to help.

2 Likes