Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

if you don’t like real mangos you probably wont like the vape.

never bought a mango but I think mangos are in some trail mixes…

I enjoy this recipe I found on elr

Morning Mango
8.00% Capella - Sweet Mango

2 Likes

I like mangoes. And nuts. Any kinds of nuts and mangoes (except unripe mangoes). And yet couldn’t stand mango and nuts flavors in recipes somehow.

2 Likes

This is not my mix and its awsome but a bit of advice would be appreciated.
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/226322/strawberry fog
I love this stuff and have got through at least 1.5L of it. However it is bloody murder on coils.
After much digging the culprit is looking like strawberry ripe tpa.
Is there somthing i can sub thats friendly to coils without changing the yummy taste to much.

4 Likes

One thing I would try is to cut the percentages in half, and see if you still like it.

I have one I’ve been vaping for a couple years that was originally a 20% recipe. I cut everything in half, and still got the same profile, but I noticed coil and cotton life increased (enough to be noticeable). It was only ‘slightly’ lacking, so I ended up bumping that particular one back up to 12% total flavor.

Subbing is always a viable option though, and you might have success that way too. But, I’d start with lowering the total flavor %. (if that works, you save money on flavoring as well!)

5 Likes

This would be a good thread to check out.

After running out of SR once, I asked @woftam about a sub and he suggested RFSC Strawberry which i had quite a bit of. I went from 9% SR to about 1.5% Strawberry RFSC

7 Likes

Quite honestly it wouldnt even matter. Sure the SR is high at 10% and could be replaced by a other strawberry or even reducing the percentage.

But what most people are forgetting is that a lot of tpa flavors do contain EM, maltol, vanilin etc. IMO thats besides sucralose already one factor when it comes to destroying or gunking coils.

Just create your own fog recipe, using other brands, and your coils will look better :wink:

5 Likes

I’ve got a Banana/Rum mix where the nana is just making me puke. I like banana but this is just too much, not natural, or maybe the liquor has something to do with it. Idk but I’d like to tone down the banana. I remember someone mentioning a cream that does a good job muting fruit flavors. I can’t find the info. Does anyone here have a suggestion? I’d hate to throw the baby out with the bath water. I have 100 mls of this stuff and it would be great if I can make it vapeable.

3 Likes

perhaps if you can post which brands and what amounts… might help, @muth :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have at least 4 banana flavors. I don’t know which one you are using, but if I want real, authentic banana, I prefer FA.

6 Likes

Not sure which cream is best to mute flavors I think FA vienna cream would definitly soften it up. try it in a small sample first at .5 - 1%
can you not just dilute the mix itself though?

6 Likes

Not just fruits but first cream that comes too mind if somebody says “muting” is (tpa) Bavarian cream.

But since I don’t know what ingredients you’re using, it could be the wrong decision for your mix.

Again, not knowing what you’re using, in general flavors like marshmallow can mute slightly, Em can and will mute, certain ice creams can do it, or other creams depending how much of muting you want, (tpa)s own banana cream can help sometimes, because it mutes too etc. lol

4 Likes

Okay, okay everybody, I confess! It’s not my own mix I’m talking about. It’s a commercial juice. There are 2 commercial juices by G2 that I buy every now and then because I adore them, plus nobody can seem to get a good clone out of one of them. Because of that, I decided to venture out and try another G2 flavor called Drunk Monkey. You guessed it, that’s the banana one that makes me puke.

So, to answer all your questions, I wouldn’t have a clue as to what Mr. Legg uses for flavors. All I can tell you is it’s described as banana/rum. And thank you for all the suggestions. I do have the creams mentioned but not the EM. Hmm, I might have it in powdered form.

2 Likes

I have never had to do that and not sure how to go about it correctly. I appreciate your suggestion, though, and I can look into it.

2 Likes

I think that’s a great suggestion. After trying RFSC Strawberry myself, I feel like I can sub that for all the other SB I was using. FWIW, out of the other RFSC I’ve tried, Strawberry is the one I really enjoy.

4 Likes

Oops! I may have another fixer upper. I decided to try HIC’s suggestion for using Cardamom (FA) in a custard mix that contains coconut. The custard mix had already been steeping for a week when I added a wee bit of Cardamom (FA) 0.20% and Coconut (FA) 4.0%. The cardamom overtook the coconut. Do you think it just needs time to calm down and meld?

4 Likes

Have you tries RFSC Banana? It is outstanding.

4 Likes

No, I haven’t. Honestly, I got scared off of RFSC because of some negative experiences with other flavors. Most were bakery. Maybe I’ll have better luck with the fruits, Idk. As a consequence I have a box full of unopened RFSC bottles.

5 Likes

Shoot me a list, you might have some gems in there and maybe i could tell you how i use them, at least. That Banana is freaking delicious, for sure. No Runts about it.

5 Likes

:+1: I have to skoot but soon as I can I’ll get a list to you. Thx

5 Likes

3 must haves for me from RFSC- Pineapple, Strawberry and Strawberry Milkshake.

10 Likes