Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

Seems that people are liking the fruits from RFSC. I’m interested in watermelon, honeydew and blueberry. Have you tried those?

5 Likes

Have not tried those. Watermelon and Honeydew I use MF. Blueberry I have yet to find one that I’m a fan of. Recently got FLV Blueberry and Blueberry Muffin but haven’t had a chance to try them out yet.

5 Likes

Im just loving the new fruits from flv… and got a feeling the pricing is going to be a lot easier…
Might want to keep your eyes out…

6 Likes

The watermelon rfsc is pretty good but does have a fair amount of green notes. I have a mix posted on the recpie side.

5 Likes

It’s rind. That’s all I get. I think you have like a super watermelon mix, I might be thinking of someone else. For me the RFSC watermelon needs a ton of help.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m interested in trying more Flavorah. I made a promise I wouldn’t buy more flavors until I made use of what I’ve got but that plan isn’t working out so well. So far I have coconut and honeydew on the list.

4 Likes

Well, hurry up! :wink:

4 Likes

This is most of it. 50ml bottles:

1. Aged Bourbon Cream
  2. Brown Sugar
  3. Butter Pecan Pie
  4. Deep Fried Spongecake
  5. French Toast
  6. Graham Cracker
  7. Melon Medley
  8. Pancakes
  9. Peach

The folks who are more experienced with RFSC were having a discussion about this “new” line referred to as Professional Super Concentrate as opposed to just Super Concentrate. Idk if that’s just wording. I do know that I have 2 different kinds of RFSC SBs. The older one says “Raw” and the newer one doesn’t. KOW was discussing that, too. Just another reason why I shy away from RFSC, too many variables. I need simplicity and consistency.

7 Likes

You have some winners! ABC, DFS, GC and Peach are all in my heavy rotation. I keep the GC around 0.4-0.6% … Peach from 0.8-1.75%, DFS from 1.5-2.25, ABC from 1.5-3%. Peach is good pretty quick, give the others at least 3 weeks steep.

I’d try this just for fun…
Peach 1.25%
DFS 2%
GC .5

Hope this isn’t too derailing!

5 Likes

Not at all. I always wanted to try DFS, ABC and GC. So I may as well try that little threesome you posted. Just wondering, what would you call that? Toasted Peach Twiinkies? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Peach Twinkie Pie! The deep fried part is barely noticeable, mostly a spot-on Twinkie filling with a hint of the cake. You could definitely use this as a starting point, maybe boost the cake and fried aspect somehow.

5 Likes

JF yellow cake and RF SC elephant ear for the greasy fried note

8 Likes

@Plunderdrum @Fishaddict420 I bookmarked your posts for when I’m ready for a greasy peach twinkie wrapped in elephant ears :crazy_face:

5 Likes

It is County Fair Season in the Southern US. Who knows?

5 Likes

Would that be the magical Twinkie of my childhood or the crap they’re making now?

6 Likes

I haven’t tried the modern reboot. It is close to my memory of them from back-in-the-day, but yeah, “spot-on” is hyperbole.

5 Likes

Don’t try the reboots. You look forward to revisiting your childhood for a moment and instead, you end up crying.

5 Likes

I took a completely fine recipe and turned it into a toilet dump. What did I do? I decided to add a wee bit (0.25%) of Cardamom (FA) to a coconut recipe I’ve been making for a long time. I read some HIC notes about how it enhances coconut. I can see the potential of how it would do that but…maybe 2 drops per 100mls would have been more like it.

Question: Will it fade with time? Some people say yes and one person said it would get stronger with steeping. Help! I’d hate to lose 100 mls of juice.

5 Likes

Last time I used cardamom it got stronger and it really wasn’t very pleasant. I used it at .1% and it was all I could taste. I did think i was sensitive to tasting it but I have not used it again.

5 Likes

@Chrispdx uses cardamom maybe he can share his opinion …

4 Likes