Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

What??? Wow! :wink:

So how you doinā€™ today Smoky?

6 Likes

So Iā€™ve heard. But I never tried TFA. Whatā€™s the biggest difference between the two for you?

1 Like

Ya donā€™t say? :wink: Seriously, thatā€™s good to know. Once this bottle of FA is gone, itā€™s gone.

2 Likes

Say, didnā€™t you just violate the abbreviation rules? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Or am I confused again?

1 Like

Whoā€™s faster and cheaper, UK or Italy?

2 Likes

Which rules? LOL no one told me their were rules in this place haha

4 Likes

FA cream whipped reminds me of a heavy whipping cream you might make at home where TFA doesnā€™t have much flavor to me unless you push it really high and then it is light and airy. The best thing about TFA whipped cream to me is at lower percentages, 1%, it binds things into one flavor instead of there being any separation between the flavors.

5 Likes

I canā€™t answer thatā€¦ Havenā€™t done an overseas order yet (AFA flavors go).

1 Like

Not sure on the price difference but Chefs has fast turn around and good shipping costs. Iā€™ve only ordered from them once, for the FA flavors I canā€™t get here, and I would definitely do it again.

3 Likes

@muth

https://flavourart.com/en/store/flavors/sweet/cream-whipped-flavor/

3 Likes

haha ya want the truth or a pretty little lie?? :stuck_out_tongue:

its been crazy, the lines at the post office are unreal as can be expected, my new aegis boost is playing in Macon Ga instead of being delivered today, so I got robbed of planning to play with ma new toyā€¦ grrr tomorrow tho, maybeā€¦ I spent too much, tired hungry and yeah chores next. weeā€¦ :slight_smile:

Yeps I do sayā€¦ best whipped cream everā€¦ ignore the smell off the bottleā€¦ it has an almost chocolate malty type smellā€¦ but it really is thick rich whipped creamā€¦ If you hit it right with sweet cream, it is an airy light right sweet almost bubbly creamā€¦ will have to look at my notes to tell you exact, or you can play around and see what you can discover by yourself :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what it smells like in the bottle.

2 Likes

I will say it turns funky on me any higher than 1.2%

2 Likes

Tell me, is my approach wrong? I have a custard that Iā€™m happy with but when I want to use it as a base for other custards, say a bourbon custard or caramel custard they just all turn out tasting the same (not that far from the original custard). I use the recommended amounts but they donā€™t put a dent in it. I used 1% Caramel (Flavorah) in one and 1.5% Aged Bourbon Cream (RF SC) in the other. I can not honestly present them as a caramel custard and a bourbon custard. @authormichellehughes do you think I should bump the bourbon using TFA and/or Flavorah Bourbon? @anon84779643 would you recommend bumping the caramel above 1%? Iā€™m always afraid to mess with Flavorah above the recommended percentage.

2 Likes

I do boost my Flavorah bourbon with TFA I want bourbon in my face though lol maybe give it a try to see if itā€™s too much for you thought .80 bourbon flv 2% TFa thatā€™s a little lighter than I mix the bourbons which might be better for someone not wanting bourbon to smack you in the faceā€¦ How I do mine https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3230884/TOCā€™S%20Bourbon%20Cream%20Cookies a lot of dang bourbon which may only work for MY tastebuds LOL

3 Likes

Thanks. I was just reading your notes on your momā€™s recipe and I can see where Iā€™m lacking. I guess I have some shopping to do because ABC (RF SC) is all I have. I realize now itā€™s not a booze, itā€™s cream. I was dreaming, lol.

2 Likes

You should still be able to do the caramel for nowā€¦

3 Likes

Not sure what you mean?

2 Likes

Not sureā€¦ havenā€™t looked at your recipes, Muth, guess that makes me a slacker friendā€¦ Hard to sayā€¦ you dont have anything published at all that I can see.

It really does depend on what you are adding into them.

personally, and itā€™s not just meā€¦ but more than a few find flv bourbon at .4% and underā€¦ more than enoughā€¦ without adding any other bourbons etcā€¦ have you tried it solo to see where you like it? :slight_smile: Itā€™d be a good start to try it out on itā€™s own.

Caramel needs some help. Be it fruits, butterscotch or even some additivesā€¦ again it depends on the recipe. I do have a few caramel cream/ custards that only use caramel as a solo player in them, but those are built around the creaminessā€¦

bump it up [edit: hell I have seen folks use caramel as high as 4%] or keep it at 1% or even as low as .6% [caramel] Iā€™d recommend to find where you like each of those flavorsā€¦

As accordinglyā€¦ I havent a clue on how any flavor worksā€¦ it can be what you make of it thoā€¦ who knowsā€¦ you might just get lucky and find out you like something else totally opposite. :slight_smile:

in the end its all on you and how you want to use or taste theseā€¦ my answers are only what suits myself. and no one likes mineā€¦ but meā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

you have the caramel flavorah in your stash and caramel candy so a good butterscotch caramel base with your creams until you get the bourbon

3 Likes