Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

Thanks Smoky. That’s one reason I don’t publish my recipes. The other being that I don’t have many and I don’t think anyone would want to try them anyway. As long as they work for me I’m happy. If I come up with something I think publicly worthy I promise not to be a prude and publish it :grinning:

5 Likes

Hey thx. Yeah, I have many caramels and several butterscotch. You want me to make use of those? :wink: I’ll do my best.

4 Likes

Whatever is left of my pile can stay. I doubt anyone will mix any of them… but I won’t release any more public recipes. If I do, it will be in a different format and certainly not for public… what I have left is basic mixes. Im sure if you dug, you might find a custard recipe using caramel in my junk pile. :slight_smile:

I have not heard if there will be a contest or not for this Holiday period… but if so, it will only be on fb.

I hope others remember to try out anything… toss it against the wall and see if it sticks… try! <big key word… one will never know if one never tries… from anything I have said… work your material or it will work you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think your butterscotch by MF and FL would also be a great mix with your creams just a heavy steep time on that MF :slight_smile: but I can almost bet it would be worth it. I ordered the White chocolate and butterscotch MF and have them steeping now because of the creaminess of that white chocolate…

4 Likes

I’m buying flavors. Flavorah Cream vs Sweet Cream. If I was to get one which would it be? I’m trying to keep the list down, lol.

I also wanted to try FLV Custard and Vanilla Custard. Would you recommend one over the other?

2 Likes

Depends as both have their uses…

Cream is like that thick milk base… while Sweet Cream is a light airy almost bubbly if you hit the mark for it… mouth feel and is really the first decent sweet cream I have had fun playing with. :slight_smile:

again… different uses…

Vanilla custard is more of the commercial blend… while Custard to me, is like the kind my mom cooks over the stove top… both are delish… but remember, for every application you need the right tools :slight_smile:

I literally cried as I no longer have my mom… that I could again taste her custard, Muth… that one flavor means a lot to me. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you. I just bought all the Flavorah I wanted to try and then some. Just a few more and I’m done. I needed Vanilla Custard for a recipe. I see there’s no reviews for the plain Custard. Any thoughts?

5 Likes

see my notes above… :wink:

best custard for me… is both…

a small trick… try this out…

1.4% Custard
.8% Vanilla custard

fluffy light custard with hints of vanilla, excellent base for fruits nuts and tobaccos… mix with .4% bourbon and 1.2% caramel… excellent… with only 5 days to steep to max perfection.

and now… I have a hot date for the movies this afternoon! Happy mixing when you get them! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What do you think of Raisin Rum? I didn’t buy it, just curious looking at boozy flavors.

2 Likes

Raisin Rum… 1-2 maybe 3 drops in 30ml… any higher and you get nothing but raisins…
Gorgeous with nuts tobaccos dairy cookies cakes and of course, drinks… try some gin with it to boost the alcoholic thump it carries :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Who makes a good Dill flavor? @anon84779643 I got the Cucumber (FLV) which I always wanted to try. I was hoping they had dill but didn’t see it.

4 Likes

Thx for the tip. Sounds like it might go well in a bread or raisin pudding.

3 Likes

Not Flavorah…

You can try here for that: https://www.ecblendflavors.com/dill-pickle-eliquid-flavor/

I can not promise to know anything at all about it… but have fun!

3 Likes

think banana bread or a bread pudding… also think on a french toast helper [raisin rum]

2 Likes

It looks like an e-liquid. They have nic, blend, sweetner, etc. options. Looks like TFA had/has a dill pickle but BCF doesn’t carry it. That’s okay, it’s a future project.

3 Likes

I think you would enjoy basil more so than a dill :wink:

Basil has a bit more of a kick, but can be tasted smooth, and spicy… excellent with blood oranges, raspberry any other fruit, except for banana :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh boy, I went nuts again. I couldn’t help it. BCF has a 15% sale ending tonight. I got flavors I had been wanting and then some. Hey, for some reason I got free shipping, too, even though my order was under $75. I got 15 flavors.

5 Likes

Not bad at all… once I figure out which platform I want in my shop… again!! in a few weeks I will throw a winter sale. Im thinking something like 20% off on the flavor packs. The one I have now has a bug in it, been trying for over a week to stomp it. You did good Muth… :wink: Proud of ya!

3 Likes

Oh man, thx. I always feel a little guilty when I splurge on flavors. But I know I got some good ones this time.

3 Likes

That is what counts, Muth!! :slight_smile:
I just hope you will enjoy playing with them…

3 Likes