Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

Perhaps an increase of the flavors might bring it up. Maybe something like:

personally I would not run Van pudding FLV beyond 1.2% and for the rest of the flavors… not sure at all…
This is why solos of flavors you are not familiar with, help to find where you like them at and can mix them with others… but no one wants to hear this so… dunno

you could leave a note on the recipe you did and see what the writer has to say on it too…

2 Likes

Well you SHOULD be. I’ve never used a flat wire, so wonder if that’s your issue.

2 Likes

I like flat wires… I dont know if that is the issue tho, Sd…

the amounts there… and the description… she should be getting something. Then again, with the other recipe I shared… the amounts were all jacked up… Hard to say.

3 Likes

Flat wire LOOKS nice, but I though all the smaller, individual strands in our double/tripple cores (and outer wraps) really pushed the flavor. Just a single flat bar wire though ?

I’m a flavor SNOB, and of course #SteamCraveFanBoy, and I was floored by the dense flavor chucking of my ED, which is why I’m concerned for her.

2 Likes

What power are you at, and how open is the airflow?

3 Likes
1 Like

Until Muth revists and can share more info… we could guess till the cows come home :wink:

3 Likes

I should fresh mix this up (I never believe S&V claims most times), and toss it in MY ED, with the tripple core claps to see.

3 Likes

The vanilla ice cream will pretty much dissolve the pudding… and I know lb needs a good steep for it to come about… 7-14 days.

2 Likes

I love this one

2 Likes

It’s all about the surface area bud. :wink:

Types and amount of wire primarily come into play with regard to the time and power it takes to heat/cool.

3 Likes

@muth cleaning the ED now, and am going to mix this up in about 10m.

2 Likes

4 Likes

and… hows it taste??? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

OMG the suspense! The photos were sure nice :laughing:

4 Likes

OK, it’s been awhile since I vaped this one, so trying to remember the details. OK, freshly mixed, it seems the biscuit needs to settle in a bit, and the VIC could use some fattening out, which most times it does after steeping.

As far as flavor, I’m getting quite a bit of it, freshly mixed. Now @muth had you vaped this before on another setup, and now, using the ED, you get no flavor, or is this the first time you’ve tried this recipe ?

Because OF the ingredients, it’s not designed to give you the rich/full/somewhat eggy custard which you might be expecting ??

It’s not bad, and a lighter custard in the overall custard lineup. Although I use and love LB’s VIC, it isn’t a deep rich custard as such, and with the small amount of FLV VP (as Smoky) said, it gets run ripshod by the VIC. The biscuit just adds a flourish IMO.

It’s a good recipe, but (as always with me), not 100% on the S&V. I mean, I AM vaping it, hehe, but I think it would improve with a steep. I am getting flavor, and basically as it smells in the bottle. The only thing I noticed was the Biscuit smelled stronger in the bottle than the vape.

Muth, any other recipes that you’ve tried in your ED ?

1 Like

Not really. Like @Sprkslfly said and what @anon84779643 said, it’s all about surface area but…complex textured coils have their advantage in holding juice in their nooks and crannies. Many can be used wickless.

3 Likes

Just a single test of FA Bilberry. I liked it and see the potential but want to add another berry and some whipped cream. I use to enjoy a commercial blueberries and cream juice. Back in the day it was the only thing that got me away from strawberries and cream, lol.

3 Likes

So @muth is this the FIRST time you’ve tried this recipe or ??

2 Likes

I’m going to try Old Skewl again now that it’s been steeping for a few days. I might also try it in a MTL dripper. But your assessment could be right, I may have had over reaching expectations.

3 Likes