Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

Yes, and LB VIC is a first for me. The others I’ve used.

2 Likes

Well I’m wondering how to calc the entire surface area of my tripple core, single outer wrap vs. a single flat bar wire.

2 Likes

Well that MAY be it, OR, we could both have different tastes too !!!

I mean vaping it, it doesn’t hit me like a deep, rich custard, so I wonder if that’s what your meaning. I mean, I get flavor, but if I was going into this expecting a CUSTARD, I might feel a bit shorted. Not that it’s bad, and as a S&V it works fairly well.

2 Likes

Lol, don’t make yourself crazy doing that. I’ve made side by side comparisons with claptons and flatwire in other atties and didn’t notice a marked difference. I could be wrong but It’s probably not a simple comparison to make. I could get comparable flavor in a KF with a micro coil vs a RL/DL RTA because of the engineering designs of both.

3 Likes

I think we agree on that. Also, I read an article recently about how our taste is affected by chemical changes in out bodies. Maybe that’s why I pick up a known recipe and wonder what did I do wrong, did my hand slip? Lol, I’ll try this again and report back because I’d like to know myself. I appreciate you testing this and offering your thoughts. Thx.

3 Likes

OK, that’s GREAT, so we can at least rule that out hehe.

1 Like

Wait, don’t go! This might be the calculation you’re searching for :laughing: Cue at around 8:52

2 Likes

I’m grilling burgers, let me eat then watch.

2 Likes

Yes, of course. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Been a while since I used it, but I thought the SteamEngine calculator had the ability…

3 Likes

You keep mentioning this, and it confuses me. If you’ve been talking about LB VIC (vanilla ice cream) or am I the one missing something?

3 Likes

How long of a draw for that method?

3 Likes

I was talking about this recipe, fresh mixed, as a whole. Trying to figure out why @muth wasn’t getting any flavor from it.

2 Likes

and… the lb is probably drowning out the flv… which is a shame…
it shouldn’t taste like a custard… more of a cream.

3 Likes

I guess that’s what’s throwing me.

Looking at the two flavors, and knowing how I perceive them there is simply NO WAY to call that a custard IMO.

Not being sarcastic, or anything of the sort. Just that this particular interpretation (recipe) seems misnamed. Maybe it’s all someone had access to while they were wanting to try someone else’s version and didn’t change the name, or something else…but I can’t see custard from LB VIC and FLV Pudding is all.

7 Likes

I guess that depends on the coil but you can check out some videos on that. I haven’t watched any in awhile but Twisted Messes showed some. Maybe start with a youtube search on wickless coils.

2 Likes

8.4 vanilla ice cream way to much for me 2.75 max oh that blue choc very nice :drooling_face:

2 Likes

So you are running away from my custard I see.

3 Likes

Hehe, what @Skullblade789 ??

2 Likes

You dont like my creamy custards anymore, for shame.

3 Likes