Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

@Skullblade789 FIRST things first. I CONGRATULATE you on taking on the Avatar Challenge !!!

Oooorah.

Secondly, I thought the mentioned recipe was @freshpies ??

Did you have have a creamy delicious custard up here ??

1 Like

Yeah, my stone that you put up, you silly bastard. You are running from greatness!!!

3 Likes

:1st_place_medal:

2 Likes

So can you help @Muth figure out why she canā€™t taste it on her setup?
She never reported back on itā€¦ :cry: and using a flat wire coil.

3 Likes

@muth If you look up ā€œStones and my Usageā€ I have a Custard Stone that will knock your socks of and give you an excellent creamy sensation that is to die for. There is a great custard taste to that one.

6 Likes

@muth

2 Likes

Sorry Smoky. I kind of moved on to other things but as far as the flat wire goes itā€™s great. I heard you say that you use it. Never knock something until youā€™ve tried it right? Every time I remove the DT I see the darn coil is still shining :+1: a clean coil is a tasty coil.

4 Likes

is fine Muthā€¦ its been such a minuet, and with everything I have going onā€¦ completely forgot tooā€¦

Crocheting a shawl and a baby blanket this weekendā€¦ next a hat and omg not to forget the ā€œbootiesā€ for my silā€¦ will be a new Aunt in October haha!! So of course we will be spoiling this kid of my brothers!! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

4 Likes

Congratulations! and yup, you are busy!

3 Likes

Does anyone know about CAP Buttercream? Iā€™m trying to get a wedding cake frosting which traditionally uses buttercream. CAP is the only buttercream I have and it tastes kind of sour. Iā€™ve had it about 2 yrs? I used it at 1%

2 Likes

Itā€™s more of a buttery cream tbh.
Try Lorann Cream Cheese Frosting

3 Likes

We should have a custard recipe competitionā€¦

Just need some judges and 3 prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd place. :wink:

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to sample that. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That sounds like fun, maybe have a special tag next to our name instead of actual prizes lol the problem is having a judge or judges that actually have all the flavors needed to make the recipes, or we could mail out flavor shots but then that costs money for shipping, and itā€™s custard so we have to worry about steep timesā€¦

3 Likes

And I have that from the recipe you shared with me awhile back. Because I just dove into the recipe I never SFT that flavor so didnā€™t know what it was like actually. Thx, Iā€™m psyched to find out.

3 Likes

This isnā€™t for a particular mix but rather how can I make the caramels in my mixes more buttery? I bought Caramel Butter (WF) but havenā€™t tested yet. I have Butter (FA) but not sure if adding to any caramel will solve the problem. Any ideas, suggestions?

5 Likes

Cappellaā€™s Golden Butter may helpā€¦? Maybe .5%?

On a parallel note, I had some difficulty the last time I made an actual, food, caramel recipeā€¦

It was bland and seemed to be like what youā€™re describing: missing a buttery taste.

I added a little vanilla and a tiny bit of salt and it was perfect.

A little saline and a drop of vanilla may also be a possible fix.

I just looked at your stashā€¦that sounds so dirtyā€¦lol
Maybe a touch of your favorite butterscotch?

5 Likes

Ok ladies & gentsā€¦ I need some helpā€¦plzā€¦
If yā€™all remember I had posted a pic of a bottle I made back in Decemberā€¦, it tasted pretty good so I jus filled my squonk & started vaping itā€¦ Itā€™s missing a throat hitā€¦, a lungā€¦ somethingā€¦Idk, it just isnā€™t doing the jobā€¦, can somebody help me with ASAP plz? I really donā€™t wanna re-wic my shit again & vape something elseā€¦, this is quite alright., itā€™s jus missing something!

2 Likes

Sorryā€¦ the recipe is all TFAā€¦ 5% coconut, 1% coconut candy, 2% sweet cream, 3% bavarian cream & 4% vanilla cupcake

2 Likes

with all that coconut, and I donā€™t know the manufacturesā€¦ really kind of hard.
That is a coconut cream. :slight_smile:

You could add any fruit, or even a chocolateā€¦

I think its too much on the coconut, whatever you are using. :slight_smile:

2 Likes