Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

Well, congratulations then! :wink::+1:

4 Likes

Stop picking on my FA Butter, guys :rofl:
You’re just jealous I got the last bottle at DIYVaporSupply.

7 Likes

Mixing bases/stones also can allow for some pre-steeping benefits (less waiting after adding PG/VG/Nic!). Chemical changes that occur in a completed ejuice require steeping time to “mature” 
the chemical reactions that would occur between the active flavorings and the more physical bonding to carriers VG/PG/Nic. If much of the steep time is based on chemistry between flavorings, you can imagine those happening, without added VG, faster in a base/stone.

Once aged (base), I would think just adding the VG would result in a faster mature (steeped!) recipe 
a good reason to consider employing bases and stones. Also a feature in the ELR Calculator, which allows you to save a stone as a single flavor in any other recipe. So you could have a “Strawberry Stone” and a “Custard Stone” and the Calculator is keeping track of PG% (or VG!) in your flavorings for the final PG/VG required in that final recipe.

10 Likes

Good (and reasonable) point about steeping.

5 Likes

A bit late but here a description, a fruit with a wonderful aroma

5 Likes

I have a different kind of mixing problem. Can someone help me with the math?

I have 50mls of 0 nic juice and I have 30mls of 24mg nic juice. How much do I add of the 24mg nic juice to the 0 nic juice so I can have 50mls of 3mg juice?

EEks, it sounds like a high school SAT exam!

4 Likes

I think take out 6.25ml or 6.48g of your zero nic juice and add 6.25ml or 6.48grams of the 24mg nic juice and you should have 50ml of 3mg juice. ( someone verify )

6 Likes

Thx for replying, lukeloop. I hope someone does verify (or explains from a different angle) because I’m having trouble wrapping my head around it :crazy_face: My brain short circuits when I think about it.

I came up with a replacement of 3.75mls. In other words, like you said but with 3.75mls. Idk

5 Likes

@lukeloop is right @muth

Snap 2021-01-10 at 14.24.25

7 Likes

Just use the calculator like you were making a 50ml batch. Don’t worry about the VG/PG per se, but you set your desired final NIC for 3mg, and enter 24mg as the strength of your NIC, and the calc does the rest.

6 Likes

Thank you so much @lukeloop and @SessionDrummer I love playing with numbers but I can only take it so far. You guys are the best! You don’t realize how much you helped me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

And I call on you again @lukeloop @SessionDrummer . It figures this would happen. I received my flavors for Cocomel Supreme (Sheerluck Ohms). It’s an 8 flavor recipe and what do I do? Somehow I misread the total base number and added about 3mls more of base in a 30 ml recipe. The correct number is 25.65mls and I added about 28.65mls. Is there anything i can do to correct my blunder?

ETA: I was thinking of editing the recipe to be 33mls total and see how much more of each flavor I need to add.

3 Likes

Shake it up well, and pour out your base until you get down to the correct target of 25.65. You weren’t clear if you added the flavors or not. If their in their, your extra base won’t make much of a difference.

4 Likes

Yes, all the flavors had been added. See my ETA that I tagged onto my OP.

3 Likes

Really? So let it be?

3 Likes

You stated ml, so you’re mixing by volume not weight ?

3 Likes

Yup

3 Likes

You’re only 3 grams off, for a 30ml, so you’re fine.

5 Likes

Oh boy oh boy oh boy !!! When would it be not fine?

4 Likes

Is it a problem for some reason to mix at percentages between 0.5% and 1%???

Why not just try 0.6% or 0.7% or even 0.75%?

If few rest of the recipe is fine
 Why mess with it? :wink:

7 Likes