Flat taste problem - Mango Tango Inawera

Hi, I’m totally new here, (38years from Germany)

I have some of inawera flavours mixed with my 70/20/10 (VG/PG/H2O) juice 1.5mg Nikotin.

A few a great, mainly the cactus lime!
With some other stuff I have different problems.
First one, with the smallest problem.

Mango Tango, I have mixed it with 3% and leave it for I think 4 weeks at least like all my other flavours. Usually 15 bottles(100ml) with different flavours. I use the first in, first out method. I put the new flavours in the last row of my bunker…every new flavour bottle pushes the other bottles to the front, and I use only first row for vaping :wink:.

My problem. It tastes very mild, a bit like multi fruit juice mixed with a lot of water…
So I decided to pump it up to 5%… But after another 2 weeks…nothing better…poor flavour, but a bit of chemical taste on my tongue, too!
For better understanding, I vape between 50 and max 80W. Most time in RTAS, but tried it in RDA(goon25) too, a bit better but really not worth mentioning. I’m a coil builder and vaping for over 3 years, mixing since the first few months. Most time had good experiences with different manufaktures Like capella, Dampflion,humble, antimatter … Elli’s, KTS and so on. I like mango and tropical stuff and lime stuff…no donut and cream flavours…I’m a fruit guy.

I hope you can help me at least with the smallest inawera problem.

Thanks
From south Germany

5 Likes

Welcome to ELR. I’ve never used that flavor @MsJellyFan, but I see @Dan_the_Man has used it before.

5 Likes

I haven’t tried it…but it may just not be a good flavor…or you could try it at a lower percent. Some of their offerings I use inw at 0.5-1%

6 Likes

I see the median single flavor mix for that is 4%, so maybe that’s just not your flavor, although I’ve never mixed with 10% H2O, so maybe that’s why it taste watery? :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Thanks, for your reply. But I never had any issue with my water in my juice, I do that because VG is hydrophile and I have problems with higher PG concentration. Before I used water I had to drink a lot over the day. After giving the juice the 10% water I don’t have a desert in my mouth and don’t have to drink a lot and go to toilet :wink: for me it is just perfect since 3 years, I guess

3 Likes

Thanks, I watched his videos, and I he loved it. And I believed him, because I have other inawera stuff that’s really great.

3 Likes

Average human needs at least a gallon of water a day.
Taste issues can happen when you are dehydrated.

I do not use inw… so I am no good there… but you need to stay hydrated. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, that is not correct :rofl: that is a old misunderstanding of a doctor’s book. I saw that in a science documentary! And my mom(nurse) and my doctor told me also that is not true! but I try to stay hydrated, I drink when I’m thirsty, that’s all you need to do. Before I started using water the vapor sucked the water out of my lung and condensed the water on my beard while exhaling. After using water in my juice. Never had so much water in my beard…or a dry mouth… But thanks for trying to help me. :+1:

3 Likes

So glad to see you here, I hope we can help clear this up for you.

First, let me suggest letting it steep for a couple more weeks but I think you might find it to be the same. I know this sounds counterproductive but try lowing your percentage to 2% and see what happens.

It is a shame that you can’t taste it because it is the best I have tried though that really isn’t saying much because I am just now getting into the mango and have not tried the others that people recommend. I have tried the popular manufactures and none have satisfied.

My next recommendation is to read some posts here at elr. Even the older posts will have some good info. This is the one place in vaping that doesn’t change every 3 months.

Just by going up to the search bar and typing best mango, I found this. It’s an older post but there are some good suggestions.

3 Likes

Then you need to correct all of the English websites that talk on dehydration and taste changes. :slight_smile:

I agree with Dan… especially when you said::

So if 3% is weak to you, and 5% is chemically bad… You have gone over your limit. Taking flavors too high will result in a chemical taste, or muting out… Start where he says at 2% (or even lower) and work your amounts up yet again.

If that doesn’t work, I would look at other companies.

3 Likes

That is good advice.

3 Likes

Like @Dan_the_Man and @anon84779643 said there, I would suggest lowering you percentages first. Try it at 1% and 2% first. Maybe even 0.5%.

4 Likes

Well that makes sense and whatever works for You is the way to go👍
I know I’ve had problems with Mango flavors myself and have given up on trying for a while, when I do get back at it definitely gotta start low as others suggest, I wish you great success on mango quest and welcome to ELR😎

3 Likes

Thanks. Really! I will try this :+1: for the dehydration issue, I know that this is an extremely wide spreading mistake for ages. But our bodies control the minerals and salts with the right amount of water, and that’s why you get thirsty. Trust your body :wink: not only with water :grin:

I will tell you my 2% results in a few weeks :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you very much! I will try to reduce it.

3 Likes

Yet another good read or two:

https://ukvapers.org/Thread-Tap-water-with-ejuice

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/search/18277909/?q=dehydration+and+taste&o=relevance&c[node]=38

and if you are only using it to thin out your liquid… both pg and peg400 can do that already…
https://www.amazon.com/Polyethylene-Glycol-400-1-Gallon/dp/B009DMVMC6

Feel free to ask questions and have some fun here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@MsJellyFan check out the thread that I linked below. I thought you might be interested because you said

LOL here ya go

Introducing the GC, Game Changer Homogenizer

3 Likes

Thank you very much, read most articles. I use destilled water only :wink: the PEG 400 didn’t know that this exist. Maybe I will try some day :wink::+1:

2 Likes

I’m always fascinated by the use of water, as every time I’ve ever tried it, even in very small quantities, I get a spitty, popping mess. Not sure what the magic trick is to using it.

2 Likes

Not using tap water, but distilled, and even then it is risky.
It’s why my friend Joshua dropped his penna water before Indiana’s rulings made him close his shop.
That pop crackle and sizzle can also be found on a lot of the disposable pod mods like Juul… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes