Flavor BAN!

If I was on IG I’d do the same… but unless they have an overwhelmingly negative response, I don’t think they take it seriously. The same was true when liquid manufacturers started introducing kiddies marketing packaging. They’re still doing it, gets me upset every time I pass a vape shop.

They’re just too stupid to realize they’re killing their own market.

3 Likes

Well, then the good news is, if you live in the States, you won’t have to worry about passing any vape stores anymore :frowning:

2 Likes

For who’s interested

3 Likes

Just thought of a work around. In the whiskey business there is a legality loophole in the way a type of whiskey can be called a certain type of whiskey. Article linked:
https://thecasks.com/2014/05/22/the-exclusive-malts-1999-north-highland-14-year-old-review/
Now why did this come to mind. If vape producers dropped a drop of tobacco flavor into the large vat or mix of their mixes they could still be considered a tobacco flavor, could it not? Now the real question is would this now or could it be considered a tobacco flavor and would it impeded the flavor?

3 Likes

Don’t they have similar rules in California or San Francisco? How do they do it there?

3 Likes

Don’t know. Just thinking of a legality loophole.

2 Likes

See this related information about the federal agency rule making process:

Once the FDA files their (proposed) rule(s), a public comment period will begin. Submit comments here:
https://www.fda.gov/regulatory-information/dockets-management/comment-proposed-regulations-and-submit-petitions

Save one’s powder for the days on which the Real Turkeys actually fly - then file ya a public comment (!):

Source: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/-WEAAOxy~iJQ9vdf/s-l300.jpg

3 Likes

Guess I’ll start conserving nic and make 1.5mg recipes lol. As long as I can buy capellas I’ll be ok at least for awhile! I wonder what cia operation is monitoring this thread to know what flavorings to attack lol.

3 Likes

Like 1 drip of tobacco in a gallon? This might work.
Or, if the rule said that tobacco flavoring must be such and such %, use the side notes of tobacco flavoring to build a recipe, like red burley, cured are nutty, connecticut shade or dark vapure are chocolatey… I know there are some fruity tobacco flavorings, but the names eludes me right now.

2 Likes

Yes, just like that.

2 Likes

Actually this is not a bad view. Liking it so far. I have done what he is talking about now. Stocked up today. LOL.

2 Likes

I think we hit that point and that is why the set up… just my thoughts…

My next is if we all ditched the nic… then our devices would not be for their so called tobacco.
what would they do then?

4 Likes

Ya I could vape zero nic if I had to. All I really care about is how good my vape tastes to be honest. The nic is just a bonus!

6 Likes

That was a pretty soft piece by CBS. I’m thinking that the administration is going to strike while the iron is hot and issue a fairly draconian timeline for removal of commercial flavored liquids from the market place. Perhaps you’ll see an executive order with the rationale of a public health crisis at hand. It’s problematic to vaping that both side of the isle are in agreement with the ban, albeit for different reasons.

3 Likes

That is always an alternative, problem is I like my nicotine - I could always suck on my wife’s nic gum and vape 0 mg… prolly not

3 Likes

A Guide to the Rulemaking Process - Prepared by the Office of the Federal Register

How the FDA Regulates Tobacco through the Rulemaking Process

There is no predicting a deranged and increasingly desperate dotard - but his executive-declared public-health “emergencies” have been farces (because he has not, or won’t spend the then required monies). Over 1,200 lies - probably nearly 120 times that particular chest-pounding hand-wavings have merely been another soon forgotten “shiny object” to save his sorry hide from his many proverbial “fire-pits” for just one more day. Remember his joke “Opioid Commission” ? In an August 7, 2017 meeting at which he was supposed to bark out something actually meaningful on the subject, Hell Boy exploded when asked by a reporter about North Korea, spouting the now-famous “fire and fury” BS line about the punk dictator who has thoroughly rolled him to this day. Yesterday was a passing fart that he obviously could care less about (like everything else concerning the well-being of other human beings). It might instead be his absurd wife, and hand-wringing weepy “bipartisan” nanny-clown moral-narcissists in the US Congress who may carry some water for this new crusade of idiocy. All while HHS Director Alex Axar is rather busy locking up children in cages like animals, and the Clean Water Act is being dismantled forthwith (drink, rather than inhale, your poisons). This pathetic posse of malignant ass-clowns is not to be taken either literally, or seriously. The signal/noise ratio is less than unity here. As ever, money will talk and BS will walk. Dear Leader is a pollutant.

5 Likes

Most of the problem with the states is they collect all that money from the tobacco settlement years ago it has the states spending the money before they have it. Sell bonds on estimated income and need that money to keep from default on the bonds.

3 Likes

well said!

1 Like

As they say, “still waters run deep”. Dear Leader’s thoughtful sensibilities adequately speak for themselves:

3 Likes

It’s really hard to fathom that given the political divide (basically a cold civil war) that both parties could agree, out of all the issues in the world, (for whatever reasons they have/claim) to vilify vaping. We are truly living in a twilight zone episode.

6 Likes