Flavor Substitution Thread

Welcome to ELR @McDuckie. I’d be curious to see what Folkart comes up with . Did he ever finish that, or ??

4 Likes

I will let @Rocky02852 know because I have a FAR store right down the road from me along with an EC Blends store.

3 Likes

@KC111

5 Likes

Awesome, but I remember contacting Flavour World once and they said they didn’t ship to the US and as far as the Wizard Vapes, it looks like it is the non SC and DIYCanada also has the non SC version still available.

3 Likes

I’ll try and get through the queue @KC111 and see how VO smells compared to HV.

6 Likes

It seems they do, and i must have them!

So i grabbed Holy Van and put a tiny bit on a piece of cotton, something really dark like a molasses or brown sugar in Van MF might just pull it off, at least something closer. I swear i smell something like that in this but then again if you were to ask me about it in a hour id have no idea what you were even talking about…

Smell both Van MF and HV side by side, i see why i went through so many bottle of Van MF and didnt use the HV, while HV was a nice flavor, i just prefer the way Van MF smells.

Not being a flavor snob but it is kind of hard to use other flavors when you have MF on hand.

7 Likes

I think he has something in mind, he did mention to me that Flavor Jungle doesn’t carry OOO Vanilla Custard Cheesecake so it would be difficult to do a one shot though Flavor Jungle. If I worked at Flavor Jungle I’d contact OOO for a 55gallon drum of Vanilla Custard Cheesecake, because if Folkart could create it they would sell the heck out of a remixed Holy Vanilla one shot.

7 Likes

Makes me think of FLV smooth Vanilla…FLV isdark when comparing to MF

4 Likes

Dsrk , Light, Original And French Vanilla

5 Likes

@McDuckie is a good mixer and has been around for a bit …Good people imo

4 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes
How do I pin TZ’s comments and other’s comments similar to this to appear at the top of the thread???

2 Likes

He sure has. I remember him getting a regular mention on the YouTube show called Developed with Folkart and Co. I miss that show.

4 Likes

There isnt an option like that as far as i know

2 Likes

@KC111

My $0.02… Edit your orgianl post- and toss in TZ’S comments below your OG post. That way they will always be right on top!!! :muscle:

2 Likes

Awesome, great idea :bulb:! Will do that much later when I get back into town after dr. appts and errands. Thank you for that.

2 Likes

First, i dont know what the hell i was smoking yesterday but id like to start over, so today i decided not to consume any THC via combustion as it has an affect on both my taste and smell receptors.
Second, today i took my Holy Van and put it in a clear bottle and did some visual comparisons.
Third, i mixed a small batch of each, 1% Van MF and 2% Holy Van.

So for visual observations, you can see that Holy Van is considerably darker than the OG Van MF, i do not have any newer version of it.

I still say there is something like a molasses smell in the Holy Van but outside of that they both smell very similar and if i had to pick out one from the other in a blind smell test i doubt that i could. Yet there is that “something darker” smell from the HVan.

I wont vape test these for a few days but ill be back with some updates and maybe some thoughts on subs. On the knuckle they both taste quite similar as well so that is unhelpful as i cant really pick out the difference, just something darker, HVan, is the only way i can describe the difference.

@fidalgo_vapes might be on to something with Smooth Van FLV in concert with MF, i do have it as well so i can do some tests if there is enough difference between MF and HVan. But if the vape test doesnt shed some light on the darker notes in HVan then ill stick with the 1:2 sub that has worked for me in the past.

6 Likes

Would that “1:2 sub” be 1 part Vanilla MF to 2 part Smooth Vanilla FLV?

3 Likes

Nope, 1 Van MF to 2 HVan as it is around 50% as potent as MF Van OG. Outside of the strength difference there doesnt seem to be a whole lot of difference between them. I havent done any tests with Smooth Van FLV yet but it is a bit closer in color to HVan than Van MF.

I hope that clarifies it a bit but after i wrote the original and was finished sniff testing i grabbed a d00bie so i am a bit tarded.

4 Likes

Yes, you clarified it, that is what I thought you meant, but I was trying to find a sub for HV, so then I asked myself “What is the 1:2 sub for those that don’t have HV?”
Thanks @Ken_O_Where

4 Likes

It’s a while since I’ve used this one but if my memory serves me correctly it was really strong, I’m pretty sure I used this at 0.2%

I thought I had some Holy Vanilla, looks like I barely touched it

7 Likes