FLAVRZ Flavors Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- TESTING NOW!

@SessionDrummer @Jetz you mean to tell me there is blood in my coffee system? :scream::exploding_head:

4 Likes

Spearmint (FLAVRZ) 8% (5-27-23) – Back in the saddle, and running the Spearmint. This one was a nice surprise as I had expected an overly cool, maybe bitter mint, but what I got was more of a double mint gum, missing most of the gum, wrapped around a cotton candy-ish center. 3 testers in, I still didn’t feel this was an all natural Spearmint, but much more. It did really remind me of a Wrigley’s Spearmint Gum, BUT, without most (not all), of the gum. The spearmint was pretty accurate, and you could almost taste the oil if that makes sense. The center of this one however, was much richer than expected, and the best way I could describe it, would be almost cotton candy-ish. It worked to liven up, what could have been a linear, 2 dimensional Spearmint, into something much better (IMO), and bigger. Now, if you are, or were looking for a simple, natural spearmint, this may or not not be what you want. If you want a really good Spearmint with some slight gum undertones, with a nice rich, cotton candy paired in, this WILL work out for you. At 8% it was very present, but with no off-notes, bitterness, and only a slight dryness that I typically get from mints. I was happy that I didn’t get any overt cooling from this one, as it had the typical “mint effect” that was LIKE cooling, but NOT a cooling agent. I’m a hater of all cooling agents, and this one did not “trigger” me at all in that regard. The mint was sweetened, and at just above mid-level, and tasted mostly natural with maybe a 80% natural / 20% artificial ratio. All in, this was an enjoyable one to test, and that’s coming from the “Not a big mint guy”, at that. About the only nit-pick would be the slight dryness, that again, I get from most mints, and that was minor, and just barely there on the finish. Beyond that, a really enjoyable one, and entertaining, even as a solo. It felt very good at 9.0/10.

10 Likes

Hehe, good one @TimWV.

4 Likes

What’s blood??? :face_with_spiral_eyes:

7 Likes

That it is! I’ve tested the Wild West across 4 different tanks now and it holds up in all of them at 15% for me. I haven’t put it in a pod, I only put candy mixes in them. I have the Redskin one shot in that at 25%, normally only use the pod in the toilet at work but find I’m using it more at the moment.

Accuracy really stands out having eating one yesterday, same as the Redskin and a few others particularly the Rum & Raisin and the mangos. They just seem to have a familiarity to the flavour that I haven’t encountered previously.

8 Likes

I’m re-posting Darren’s post from another thread here, because, it’s just impressive…

6 Likes

Wow - that is an impressive offer. I have tried the northberg one shot and while not original VV Heisenberg (nor is it trying to be). It has most of the elements suspect this is how.

I have made a couple @Jetz recipes including my current fav -

I am a liquorice head so going to adapt that and add some anise and see how it goes but is pretty close to darrel Lee black liquorice straps for the Aussies. I normally don’t single flavour test but may do some after trying the creaming soda at 10% with some ss - most accurate creaming soda I have had could easily vape it on its own but have some ideas for a raspberry version and using it to bend liquorice and a grape blackcurrant combo. I also ordered sherbet so going to add that to the creaming soda and see what happens. Really impressed so far with the flavourings and the input here from @Jetz which has given me a lot of ideas. I don’t normally make my own recipes but these have me experimenting.

5 Likes

Is there a better way to link a recipe from this site? Formatting looks wrong to me

3 Likes

I am about to mix up the redskin recipe on the site - wonder if it is the same. I have been searching for a proper redskin for quite a while…fingers crossed.

3 Likes

@Jetz Question…

I am going to mix up the Banana Custard, which is a One Shot but based on the other oneshots I have tried I am not sure what percentage to try it at.

The Peanut Butter Cookie seems strong at 30% but I also don’t get any peanut from it, just a “dull” biscuit sort of feel.

I am using MTL RTA’s so not pod like even though I do low wattage.

Any thoughts so I don’t waste yet another one shot?

3 Likes

@Nuromanzer I copy/paste the actual recipe URL. Sometimes is throws a ? at the end of it, which I delete.

Like this …

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/4426330

Which becomes this …

4 Likes

Thanks @SessionDrummer that worked looks better now

4 Likes

I made hundreds of versions a couple years ago, while some were close they never really hit the mark. The closest ones had a touch of apple so I find Peacharine used here interesting. Seems like smart move.

Are you referring to this one?

4 Likes

That is the one, just mixed it up. Has a bit of alcohol smell but smells also like a redskin. I will let it sit for a day or two and feedback.

5 Likes

I was filling up a cart so I added these as well, I want to see what the peacharine is doing.
But of course there is always one I forget :rofl: :crazy_face: :rage: oh well shit happens

6 Likes

As I sit here anxiously awaiting my last order to be delivered, I’ve already got a list of 12 flavors I’m going to order next! So I know what you mean @marsh8

5 Likes

It’s an addiction mate.

Tapered off for myself after a while, but when your in the zone you just want to keep chasing the next flavour.

Took me a lot of years to realise that I can only mix so much at a time and I have my favourites that I mix often, so I was wasting a lot of concentrates.

It is fun though… :thinking: :grin:

7 Likes

@Ianc13 since discovering DIY and rebuildables, and all the other peripherals, I’ve come to enjoy vaping more than I could ever imagine. I can’t believe I smoked stinkies for 32+ years, as I look back smoking analogs truly sucked!

8 Likes

From one Creaming Soda fan to another :innocent: Yes it is the proper OLD SCHOOL stuff.

We will be running a mixing comp shortly … there will be a number of flavours that we would like to target for the recipes and the ELR community. The prize will be… will need to confirm with the ELR ADMIN team.

Yes I would use the recipe of Black Straps and cut down the Liquorice by half. Then add Raspberry at 5 or 6% and should be close.

Whole point I guess, with sending the flavours to @SessionDrummer and his valuable time, input and dedication to the whole ELR cause.
Plus I think he has a SECRET stash of some other flavour not yet listed…lol.

Yes it gives the Raspberry that RED SKIN depth, plus the Marshmallow Custard gives it the chewy vibe and Fairy Floss, candifier it in to the stickiness that a red skin is.

4 Likes

Why we have a bit of a chuckle at 3 week ripening or months or ripen flavours… not the right stuff to be using in the first place in our opinion. Everything has a purpose or an application, whilst yes some will cross over, but at a cost.

Nice to feel empowered and getting somewhere a lot easier… nice That is what it is all about.

3 Likes