Flavrz / VSO Flavor Pcts , Testing Methods etc ...A difference of opinions!

Appreciate your comments, though based on you not EVEN having tried our concentrates. Your comments seem a little TROLLY / Hate mail. Given that @sessiondrummer shared a recipe, you come back pretty quickly with a troll comment etc. Again, thanks for the limited feedback and we would offer you a discount to try our flavours, you would only need to pay the freight…

If you are interest PSYCO… you can contact me directly via DM

3 Likes

Honestly i wouldn’t have said anything but as you are new to the community i think sometimes with certain people they shouldn’t be bated into the rabbit hole of your weak flavors. Im a little disappointed that was even posted to this person. I don’t need to try them with those percentages. And from others thoughts on what you sent them im not the only one who thinks they are not worth it. You couldn’t give me your concentrates for free. I wouldn’t touch them. And as for trolly no. You do that on your own pushing your concentrates making them out to be the best out there. Trying to get a dollar. But one thing about me is i call it i see it. Im not going to conform to make people happy. Its the Boston in me. I call out bullshit when i see it. And the people in this forum can attest to this. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

@Psycho_316, @Jetz does have a point, seeing as though you haven’t actually tried any of them, and have only my reviews (for the most part) to go on. Many of them are weaker than some other flavors, but are stronger than some as well. I had good luck with the custard recipe, and I actually REDUCED it from the OG percentages.

All I do it mix, and review, and don’t care to get involved in back and forths, but at some level, you should try some, before you cast them out IMO. THEN, you can drop it like it’s hot. Just my .02.

@Jetz, @Ed133 brings up an interesting question regarding other retailers. Because of the insane volume you guys can produce, any thoughts OF shipping to other retailers, Bull City Flavors ??

4 Likes

Hehe, I have to inject (ignoring my previous post), he’s hasn’t pimped FLAVRZ to be the best out there, he’s just engaged. He’s dropped numerous recipes, tips, and more, and honestly, that’s more than MOST MFG/Resller’s do. If anyone’s “pimpin” them, you’d have to blame me.

I’m giving them a fair shot, and I hope/think my reviews do/did that. I rate high if they work, and low (like I just did) when they don’t.

I’d hate to see a MFG getting slammed, for actually GETTING involved in / with the DIY community, because honestly, things are ROUGH for our DIY world right now, and we need all the help/involvement we can get.

Just my .02.

6 Likes

Hehe, trolling you on the way to work @Psycho_316, there’s no I in TEAM lol. Couldn’t help myself.

Cards on the table, and you can rock it Boston Strong if needed. I, nor you, can tell, or expect to tell everyone else, what’s right for them, THEY have to decide that.

Weakness aside, that’s not really the point, as it’s all ABOUT the flavors. Do they taste good, accurate, do they work ??

I’ve already shared more than a few samples of the FLAVRZ’s flavors that Darren sent me with OTHER mixers, so the interest IS there, stronger or weaker. How many times have you seen ME state to people that going soley by my reviews is NO replacement, for trying themselves ??

1 Like

I understand everything you are saying bud i do. But i if you read the original post as a community we should also look out for others and thats what i did. And your tatse is not the same as others who have tried them have agreed on. Testing after two weeks is all good but these need to also be tested at 4 weeks as concentrates can fade away. And what we got from you is at 2 weeks its good. Everyone is taking your opinions but do not use the same exact gear. Therefore what you get from is not what we get. And that is a unfortunate fact. As we all pick up things that others don’t. I made it clear when you have to solo something at 8-10% to get the profile imagine what happens when you add others to it. I have been there and the only weak concentrates i use is two fw that are weak. But other then that i stay away as once you introduce different flavors to it what its trying to be is gone. As for trying these, I dont need to or want too. I have no desire from the opinions of others i got. And these opinions are they are all right, nothing i would buy again as not good as others out there to be replacing others in stash. So between usage %’s and opinions im ok.

3 Likes

Yes i because i value from multiple sources not one. The problem is everyone on these communities really rely on your thoughts. The problem is because taste is subjective your thoughts or opinions are nothing as we dont get what you did. As point vso. Dont know what you where vaping but nothing met your profile but one. And it faded badly. So as for the ratings i do believe you inflated them a bit. After the vso and others feeling the same, would probably be best if you do a two and four week comparison. As most recipes steep two and four weeks. And we do appreciate what you do but we dont see too much consistency. Sometimes you have to think what was up when you gave a flavor a 9.5 when its lucky to be a 5. I couldnt help myself as quite a few ? Your ratings. I couldnt help myself on that one hehe id like to know how much you are getting in return for all the people in these forums that are buying flavrz :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

Ever wonder WHY I chose/choose to use such an OLD SteamCrave @Psycho_316 ??
Do you think the original RDTA v.1 is “advanced” or “cutting edge” by TODAY’S standards ??

It isn’t. BUT, trying to replicate EVERY piece of equipment out there for reviews, IS impossible. I think that by using a smaller, much older setup, is MORE than adequate for testing. Sure it’s a flavor chucker, but a lot of advancements have been made since it’s creation. Maybe if I was using some 4 coil monster, that would be different, but I think that I chose wisely on using what I do use, AND continue to use, which leaves consistency across ALL of my reviews.

I can’t delve too deeply in this as I’m rolling, BUT, no matter what equipment I use, you use, everyone else uses, there is NO REPLACEMENT for trying flavors yourself/yourselves. AND, the same should apply to you. If you’ve actually tested them, or tried them, then that would be different, but you haven’t, and according to you, you won’t, which is fine. No one’s going to come knocking on your door and dropping off FLAVRZs. You can argue YOUR desires for strength’s, but, they are only YOUR opinions. I only got started with these about what, a month ago, so as time wears on, and more people try them, we’ll get a better consensus.

3 Likes

But as i said and i will say this when it came to the weak concentrates from years ago and everything was high % older stuff was great. Then as time changed to stronger concentrates equipment changed and you should know this. So because your older one was being used on higher concentrates using them on this would replicate what you got 8 years ago. But todays equipment isnt tailored for that the 30% mixes. Try some of these with the same coil setup in a newer steam crave and give your honest reviews. Like i said too many you gave high ratings to fell flat on their face. But in a honest opinion you shouldnt be using a rda/rta that is out dates on testing as it cannot replicate what todays equipment bring. Now i need to go find the Pharaoh dripper to see if i can get flavor of them. Never know right. As i havent dumped them giving them more steep time. Now i know why you get different notes or pick up faint flavors. Again thats my fault for not reading what you where using when i bought off your suggestion. As there is no way and hell im gonna replicate that on my equipment. It explains a lot why so many have had issues on vso and some of the new cap. But its all our fault for not paying attention. Personally id like you to try these 9.5 solos on a newer piece of steamcrave. See if it stays at 9.5 because from the 3 or 4 that i have spoke to they would disagree with your take :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I have no problem what you are doing but i think knowing lady and her issues throwing that recipe up to her was wrong. You promoting sales for flavrz and i think as a reviewer to do that knowing her issues you would have thought twice. You are suppose to review and give opinions not promote to gain sales you need to pump the brakes on your promotion

2 Likes

Well I appreciate that, AND, it is a heavy burden to bear.

I didn’t get any fading during any of my tests, and (as posted), got the results I did, at the testing weights listed.

I respectfully disagree, as consistency IS what I do.

You can disagree with any/all of my reviews, if that’s what you feel, and I’m OK with that. What I find odd, is, I post reviews all over the interwebs, and until just recently, when you brought up issues with percentages, and fading, it was literally the FIRST time, I have heard about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/stipvy/vso_flavors_reviewed_by_sessiondrummer/

Now, as they say, you can only believe SOO much, from the internet, BUT, I have to wonder why I’ve not heard issues like this, until just now.

I appreciate your feedback, and (LOL), encourage you to get your hands on some of these flavors, so you can do a FIRSTHAND looksee.

I think you’re kidding, but you never know. I have always fully put disclaimers before all of my reviews, especially, if they were sent FOR the purposes of the review. I’ve actually BEEN offered more than you know, and I have refused all. Just for the record.

Yes, the flavor usage rates WERE higher before, BUT, that’s not the point. The point is/was the advancements of the gear, and/or how much IT has improved since the original RDTA v.1.

1 Like

Absolutely disagreed. Lowest common denominator.

1 Like

LOL, wait, what ?? What’s going on with these now ?

1 Like

LOL bro, you must be on a tear or something. Look, just let me know, what YOUR rules are hehe, because you apparently have made up everyone’s mind FOR them.

How about we let Lady figure that out, for herself.

2 Likes

You cast a wide net with those 6 other sites being posted to. I can’t wait to see the commentary when you post these new ones. Especially reddit, where anonymity reigns.

2 Likes

LOL @big_vape I actually got MORE blowback from Reddit than any others, and you know what it was ??

“Wall Of Text”. LOL, yes, THAT was it. TOO much text to read or some such shit. Confusion over my numbering system, untill I explained it.

2 Likes

Vso where just bad bud and the whole point on the older pulling profiles on these the newer version might not get as much airflow and design has changed. Where todays have more airflow and arent so restricted. Less air equals more flavor. Now when you take in acct that the newer stuff is all about the airflow. All im saying you believe that the v1 sc gives you more of a true representation of a profile over say something new. All i was saying is run it through a newer sc and see if the results are the same. I dont think thats too much to ask as people do base your opinions as law. You should be testing everything on a modern piece of equipment that is machined different to 7 years ago. As the reviewer you should be using to a similar comparison to what the consumer is using. And yes there have been a 4 of the 5 vso i tested on 3 different rdas and where just bad. Lets not get into custard cake cap seriously. Your device you are using is replicating something the newer stuff doesnt. Its getting way less airflow then my supreme could ever get. Which in return will produce “more flavor” the way they where back then. A lot of older stuff producers better flavor then some of the new stuff. That you cannot deny

https://www.reddit.com/r/Session_Drummer/comments/tvc1y8/single_flavor_testing/

1 Like