Free Choice Vaping in Australia is dead

Why are Aussie people commenting on products from ALTRIA? They don’t sell their products outside of the US. Phillip Morris International would be the company products to target and they have committed to become a smokeless perveyor of products to deliver nicotine for smoking cessation for a couple of years now. Getting tired of the big tobacco argument from stupid people that can’t recognize an ally with deep pockets. Blame the political aspect of the situation your company is in. If the people have this kind of attitude towards PM no wonder their in the situation their in. The government wants the division and misdirection. Blame the government not the company selling the smokeless solution.

4 Likes

100pct agreed…It drove me crazy when people were talking about Purilium and their Venture with Fontem(blu) (owned by Imperial Brands)

4 Likes

I have no idea, you’d have to ask them.
Perhaps the Altria products are on the TGA list of approved products here?

2 Likes

Then the government is wack. ALTRIA can’t sell any tobacco products outside the US. It’s in the agreement with PM when Phillip Morris US split into ALTRIA and Phillip Morris International.

2 Likes

The reddit post is talking about VEEV products, I’m not sure where you got the ALTRIA reference (I haven’t read the post in detail though, perhaps you did).

VEEV are listed as an approved product on the tga list.

https://www.tga.gov.au/products/unapproved-therapeutic-goods/vaping-hub/table/list-notified-vapes

In regards to the government in this country blaming big tobacco for vaping being a “scourge” on our children/community and now having Phillip Morris supply their products as a solution to the “scourge” - Yes they are wack! :joy::grimacing::joy::grimacing:

6 Likes

Another one to close their doors. Going from the top line it would appear their concentrate orders are being confiscated at the border too.

5 Likes

Wow @Gazza7 I had thought they were fairly diversified.

2 Likes

Why don’t theses companies sue the government?

4 Likes

It seems definite now that the border force are under instructions to stop all imported concentrates. The thought was that they couldn’t stop flavours,PG/VG and batteries because of their original and other uses, but that doesn’t appear to be the case with concentrate flavours at least. The rumour is that suppliers of PG/ VG are hesitant to sell to known previous vape friendly businesses too.
I’m unsure how legitimate bakeries etc are going to go but my suspicion is that they would have a history of using theirs for baking etc and could prove no affiliation ever to vaping. Whereas Liqiud DIY couldn’t and even the name would raise suspicions. Is it possible Big Brother has been watching for a while too in the knowledge that this was all to come?
Cut supply and DIY will fail, forcing the scum of the earth vapers to either buy the overpriced chemist crap (if you can find one selling anything), or return to smoking.
The truth is most will return to the black market to buy chop chop (illicit tobacco) or disposables.

5 Likes

Actually my son was out in the nightclub district on Friday and told me that Delis were openly selling disposables for $50 each. His mate went in asked the question and was given a clipboard to choose what flavour he wanted. He chose, payed his money and walked out no questions asked.

4 Likes

That sux.
I just bought what I could extra from them & they were sold out of what I really wanted.
Wish I’d stocked up harder than I did.

Base drop are out of PG atm too.
I have messaged them to see if I should look else where….

Again someone on reddit has previously said the vendors were looking into it as the redditor was approached by an organisation seeking donations but :woman_shrugging: that was 165 days ago.

Someone on reddit says $75? Very exxy but still cheaper than a pack of smokes I reckon.

3 Likes

I also thought that sounded cheap considering the perceived risk they’re taking but he’s adamant that’s what they were.
I don’t know the difference between whatever they were selling and a ‘street corner’ purchase but my naive mind is imagining they should be less likely to contain anything dangerous from an actual shop. Not surprisingly the shop was doing a roaring trade apparently.

3 Likes

I really like this company and the owner…I had a feeling they would have to close or be shut down. They didnt try hiding that they supplied DIY mixers at all. This is some crazy stuff. Flavors , we all never worried about flavors but Australia has shown how fast a govt can trample something so fast

5 Likes

PG is back in stock.

Found some users on instagram selling disposables, sent the link to Mark Butler :joy:

No I’m not being childish (insert heavy sarcasm)

3 Likes

Hopefully another nail in labor’s coffin due to the CFMEU debacle. I’m a union member (not CFMEU) and was a labor voter but it’ll be a long time (if ever) that I trust them again.
I admit I’ll find it hard to vote for any of them but whatever puts labor at the bottom will be a win in my book.

4 Likes

I honestly didn’t think I’d have to worry too much about flavours. But it appears so now, and very depressing. Lucky I’ve been collecting and hoarding for more than 6 years, guess I’m gonna find out how long some of these will last.
Still that doesn’t help me with my favourites that I use all the time.

7 Likes

All of this :sleepy:

4 Likes

Me either, but I have around 500ml of each of my regular flavours so hopefully that will last me quite a while.

5 Likes

I can only imagine @marsh8.

3 Likes

Would that be commercial possession? Or does the retail environment negate that?
Still confused about the parcel of wrapped shit Australia has been given.

5 Likes