Free Choice Vaping in Australia is dead

On a happier note.

I went to the designated smoking area at work today to see nine people there. I haven’t been to that area for a while but the thought occurred to me just to see if anything had changed. I took the time to look at what people were using. Only two were smoking and the rest vaping.
Out of those two one had a packet of ‘no idea’ cigarettes with Asian writing all over the front. My immediate thought was up yours Butler.
I know it’s early days but I enjoyed the thought anyway.

5 Likes

Ive noticed around where i live in north queensland every one seems to still be getting around with their disposable vapes, seems the only thing this ban done was close down the legit vape stores all the dodgy tobacconists are still openly selling disposables

6 Likes

I emailed Base Drop this morning to find out if they will be restocking Flavour Art Arctic Winter and was told that they won’t be stocking any cooling agents or menthols going forward.

7 Likes

Hi guys, i havent been around the forum for quite a while.
Just devastated the way this has panned out.
Just want to let fellow aussies know, if you find yourself needing a few extra mods in future, let me know.
I bought a heap from aliexpress a couple of years back with a hair brained idea to resell on my ebay store but ebay banned them shortly after.,
Nothing high end but brands include smok, vaptio, sigelei, fuchai, nebox, ram.
I have around 50 mods all in original packaging/ wrapping.
Keep it in mind if you find yourself needing a mod or two.
I’ll sell them fairly cheap, im not after profit, ill be happy to recover what i paid.
You can get hold of me at bdr2@optusnet.com.au

9 Likes

Welcome back @bede.
It’s sad how things have gone downhill in Oz. Never would have thought it would happen the way it did. It’s just a matter of time before it happens here in the States.

5 Likes

You think it will go that far in the States @Lostmarbles ?

6 Likes

The Nanny State knows no bounds …

4 Likes

If the global trend continues, then yes I do. We never thought that CANDY flavorings would be banned and we’ve seen that they can. The genius’ behind this have proven that they don’t care if it bleeds over to other markets (candy, food, drinks etc) that have NOTHING to do with vaping so long as tobacco fines and taxes continue to fund politics.
I think it’s just a matter of time.

5 Likes

I think it goes further than that SD. If it were just Nanny State politics, then cigs would be banned outright. Instead they just force the prices to go up because it keeps the addictions going and that money coming into the system.

5 Likes

Very kind of you to make such an offer.
If you are approached by anyone just make sure they’re a genuine person in need. The selling of anything vape related in this country is punishable now with hefty fines and the threat of imprisonment. Hope it actually never comes to that for some unfortunate person, particularly someone trying to do a good thing.
There is some something in the laws about retail setting I think but at this point who knows?

6 Likes

G’day Mate!
I’ve decided to a similar thing and offload my Asmodus collection since I don’t use any of them these days. Fellow Aussies can make very good use of them. I think your best bet for the sale of any vape hardware is a BST group on FB. There’s people screaming for everything at moment so plenty that can be helped out :+1:

6 Likes

Hi LM, thanks mate & cheers for the sound advice gazza.
Ive been reading the odd forum topic, SD’s reviews, and trying the odd recipe etc, but been a bit busy with other stuff going on.
Good to see a lot of familiar names still around.
The panic buying of concentrates is off the scale here.
Ive been waiting for flavour world to reopen, got the email about an our ago.
I logged straight in, ordered as much of my ADV flavours i could and by the time i checked out all but one was already out of stock again
Crazy stuff.
These flavour companies have to launch a class suit against restraint of trade or similar
Most of them dont even have a word about vaping on their web sites.
They mention food industry, bakers, craft brewers etc
Its just mind boggling the lengths the government is going to to wipe vaping out. But stinky sticks and its black market goes relatively untouched
Its bloody insulting

9 Likes

I agree but i also think theyre going hard at vaping because it was still small enough its a battle they could actually win.
The medical lobby groups all piled on the pressure.
Are there even any medical studies that have proven vaping is as dangerous as they imply?
I havent seen any, just some anecdotal claims, most of which is because of what occurred with black market cbd carts.
The bs on the cancer councils site is to much.
They claim chemicals like formaldehyde, chlorine, mercury, arsenic, acrolein, benzine are present
WTF are they on about?
Its like they copy pasted the info from the cigarette chemical warning page.

7 Likes

Good to see you bede,

:joy: I’ve just done the same, got the last of the FA faves that I use to pop in the stash. There wasn’t much to start with though :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

sounds like someone needed a self-important “win”. Meanwhile, the corruption continues. It’s saddening.

6 Likes

Same for me but I did get a few, only one of them I really wanted

4 Likes

Hi sevenC, great to see you still here mate.
Ahh yeah, so it was you who got the FA’s i had in my cart? Lol :joy:
Quick and the dead.
In all seriousness though im hoping a few places will ride this BS out and things will settle down in a while.
Fingers crossed anyhow.
Otherwise we best be learning how we can extract our own flavors i guess :thinking:
Im thinking im going to have to put my 30mm steamcrave aromamisers with chunky alien coils aside for now. Theyre just to juice hungry.
Might use the supremes with smaller coils instead.
Im gonna have to start using all the other flavours in my stash to and not rely on the 2 or 3 mixes i use most
What a PITA

4 Likes

Probably :joy: did you end up with the crispy doughnut? It popped in & then out of my cart :joy: then I bailed quickly so I wouldn’t lose the others.

Maybe that was you marsh? :joy:

I bet some opportunistic bastard who doesn’t even vape has shopped up big for later & we can buy them for a markup price if we’re desperate :roll_eyes: :woman_shrugging:

Yep, same :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Lol, na I didn’t get the crispy doughnut.
Anyone seen this bs?
I just tried to open an email from vapoureyes and this cut in
Jeeeezus
Wtf has the TGA got to do with telecommunications?
Theyre outta control
Lol at the very bottom they even try to get us to snitch on similar sites

4 Likes

That’s insane! Are you being banned from everything vape related as far as the internet?

4 Likes