Game Changer Homogenizer Wait List

And people wonder why companies try to dismiss Vaping …Take Lorann for example , its a company that has been around for awhile . They have made it clear they dont want any ties to Vaping . In my honest opinion I dont blame them one bit . It is sad but I get it …I dont like it but I get it.

3 Likes

Oh FFS! Just outrageous! This could be used in a variety of ways. Government is way out of control if they’re spending so much time on little shit like this. SO MANY other damn things they could be worried about. I get what you’re doing and you need to protect yourself @anon36682625, but this… It. Just. Blows.
So sorry bro.

4 Likes

Does this mean they won’t be available after 9/9 ?

1 Like

Basically, it limits which countries they can be shipped to. I’m sure there will be other stuff flowing out of the septic tank as the vaping industry moves past 9/9.

1 Like

So far the advice I have been given applies to exporting to other countries. I need to ship to US addresses. If something was forwarded after that then I wouldn’t know. Individuals can do things that someone doing business maybe can’t.

9/9 is such a grey area. When stainless steel wire can be classified and regulated IMO things are absurdly ridiculous. For example Advanced Vape sells wire for coils and reading their ads reveals that even they don’t know what if any affect PMTA will have on them.

Homogenizers are used across all industries and have been for decades. I have linked to a video that shows that flavor emulsions are made by hydraulic pressure homogenizing equipment. Basically there are three types. High pressure, high sheer, and sonication by ultrasonic. The GC is a high sheer mixer.

I wanted to bring the usage to the DIY mixing community and have succeeded in doing so. Just the other day I had an inquiry from S Africa wanting to make a bulk purchase. It was said that the GC is the “talk of their message boards.” I guess it boils down to what people can say and share. IMO that sucks.

S Africa had a ban on vaping products. It has been lifted but that was less than 2 weeks ago. While there would be no consequences for me other than possibly having things seized by customs, I don’t want to run afoul of other countries laws.

6 Likes

I have consistently advised that people do not homogenize flavor materials with nicotine. My advice is to add it later if you wish.

You’re correct, this could be used for many things. As far as I am concerned it is a high shear homogenizer- period. Instead of “optimized for ejuice making” I will clarify that the device is optimized for liquid /liquid mixing. (very true) The workhead is a general purpose disintegrating head which produces a vigorous mixing action. Others are for solids and fibrous materials though work with liquids as well.

As far as international shipping, there is no sense in calling attention to what amounts to less than 100 devices produced so far. When items are seized, the country of origin is usually notified. There is a vast difference between a maker exporting to countries and what individuals can send.

Kindly list your country if outside the US and I will do my best to accommodate you. With the upcoming 9/9 BS I have no idea what may develop.

2 Likes

Even though I am quite new to this whole scene, when I read about something that can turn my taste experiments from months to days I really really wanted it. Had (still have not) managed to convince my better-half that I needed it (rather than just wanted it) as I have cupboards full of juice to get through before I can even think of mixing more; BUT with that said I really do hope this is something I can get a hold of in the future. For now, I’ve actually started construction of my own but I know my machining skills are nowhere near as good as yours (I consider myself an amature-amature!), so although I do have something that does work now, I suspect it wont stay that way for long.

I’d be happy with the large for the Dremel 4000, as I mix in beakers anyway. As I live in the UK I suspect importing nic products from the states may become harder after the dreaded 9/9, but do hope one day that I can get one. But well done with it so far, I can see how much of a labour of love it was for you, even without all the interest. Sucks when “the man” steps on such a neat little project :frowning:

3 Likes

Thank you. It is a labor of love and I always admire those who DIY.

I’ll give a few tips on construction. I would hate to see anyone make a spearchucker LOL.

1. Avoid a direct connection to the motor. Many have tried this and bent drive shafts account for most failures, especially when using rotary tools to drive the homogenizer. Searching eBay for homogenizers is a good way to view how various connections can be done. Some use a square drive and socket, or cross pin on the drive shaft etc. etc. These connections allow for slight misalignment’s just like a universal joint on you car.

2. Use a sealed stainless steel bearing at the top and a PTFE (Teflon ) plain bearing (bushing) at the bottom for the drive shaft. Typically the bushing is just above the rotor and below the lower vent. E juice will lube it.

3. I would not attempt to make anything larger than a 12mm OD stator tube powered by a rotary. Clearance between rotor and stator should be very close.

4. There are long posts at a UK website that contain links to video’s and further information. https://vapingcommunity.co.uk/
    When time allows, I will post more here.

Good luck with your project.

3 Likes

Wow, thanks for the advice!

All taken on-board, and yes, many of my projects in the past have failed badly due to not using a simple socketed connection, so this is the best advice here. Nearly lost a thumb once due to shaft bending and snapping due to it being lop-sided ever so slightly, so yeah, anyone else out there thinking of taking this route, certainly consider that bit of advice! It also helps when something doesn’t go quite to plan with the shaft.

5 Likes

I live in Sydney Australia.

2 Likes

Thank you. I am still shipping to AU.

2 Likes

I have to let you know @anon36682625 I became a pretty lazy mixer the last year , mostly out of boredom but your Device has made mixing fun again …I must say that anyone that waiting or wanting one I highly recommend waiting or getting on the list YOU WILL NOT regret it …

8 Likes

can you add me to the list, thank you sir

1 Like

Hi there, amazing! I am so thrilled. Please add me to the list - large one for Dremel. Many thanks from MD Sydney, Australia.

P.S. I have searched everywhere, yet can not find maximum recommend RPM or recommended “safe range” for our purposes as well as maximum duration of time.

Thanks for your interest. I will need to know the 3 things listed in the 1 post of this thread but yes I will be happy to add you to the list. Unfortunately wait time may be long.

1 Like

Large homogeniser / Dremel 4000 / Sydney, Australia. I am expecting to wait 2months (?) not a problem

2 Likes

Thank you for your interest and question. This is one that has never been asked and a very good one so this will give me the opportunity to delve into the homogenizing process.

Homogenizing is a result. The GC is a high shear mixer that accomplishes it with multiple mechanical forces which include particle size reduction (shear effect), hydraulic and centrifugal forces, and cavitation. The workhead/mix chamber is very small compared to the volume of liquids processed. The “key” to the process is the prevention of air entering the liquid solution. Commercial systems are typically closed systems where no aeration is possible. The lab style like the GC minimizes it.

Typically you can run the rotary tools at full speed with ejuice without any ill effects. That is not always desirable and depends on several factors. A powerful suction is produced at the bottom of the tube which pulls the liquids upward into the mix chamber where the rotor shears the particle sizes and the other forces combine the flavor materials into a homogeneous (all parts the same) mixture. It is then expelled through the slots or holes and recirculated back into the bottom of the (stator) tube.

The exception would be when the surface of the liquids is broken and therefor pulls air into the liquids. A larger workhead with a small volume of liquid will show a vortex at high speed and should be avoided.

The volume of liquid along with its viscosity combined with the energy applied are the determining factors. Like with anything there is a learning curve though is slight. Running time is based on visual observation and confidence that all liquids have passed through the workhead. Additional passes will accomplish nothing once a uniform particle size and viscosity are achieved. One owner has ran his up to 5 minutes to process 500 mls and reports excellent results. My design target was 250 ml for the larger. By moving the device around he accomplishes double.

There are several claims that have been made about the above which have equated the process as the same as “frothing” etc. and using a tool to inject air into the mix. Nothing could be further from the truth. The bubbles are gasses produced by the process of using mechanical forces to combine all materials and occur beneath the surface.

@Kinnikinnick

5 Likes

Thank you for your informative answer. I have been researching/looking into homogenising for a few years, however could never justify the cost. Now the dream comes true thanks to you and the wait is over… Looking forward to my (hopefully very) early Christmas present :grin:.
Sincerely
Miro

4 Likes

Yes sir 1 large for the dremel 4000, and usa. Thank you

1 Like

Thank you, sir. 1 small using the TackLife RTD34AC Rotary.

1 Like