Gardening and Hydroponics (food shortages)

Seedlings were ready, so I was prepping the pad and my bastard cat was plucking the leaves… hopping that it’ll grow with the root ends out the bottom. Nutrients mixed anyways

9 Likes

Gotta find a food safe float of some sorts, attach a stick and put a hole in the reservoir so I can have a Guage of water level

3 Likes

What about a cork? They use them in wine bottles, and store them for years. Just a thought.

3 Likes

That’s actually pretty brilliant and cheap, I like cheap.

Thanks D

5 Likes

No charge. (it’s even cheaper!) Also gives you an excuse to go get a bottle of wine!

4 Likes

Fall is coming, need wine for braised beef short ribs I like to make… So it sounds like a plan

4 Likes

I was kinda thinking on the same order as @d_fabes but was thinking about a fishing bobber… one of those ones that has a long pointy spike…

The higher the spike is out of the water… the higher your water level is.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I wanted… was looking at fishing gear last weekend… slipped my mind

3 Likes

Enjoy!
Watch out for thrips! And spiders mites and ……

4 Likes

Are you related to the dos equis guy?

4 Likes

I don’t always grow weed, but when I do I use gaia, eh?"

5 Likes

Yeah man! Let’s see your grow. It’s gotta have a lot more green to it now!

3 Likes

My cat ate them

4 Likes

Nooooo! You can grow that feline its own! My cat doesn’t even look at the grass I grew for her.

3 Likes

The ones in the back are doing alright but the front aren’t growing Macauley my cat chewed the top leaves off

6 Likes

Not sure if they should be that leggy and I’m not sure if they’re growing slow but I definitely calculated the nutrients right and the ph is fine

4 Likes

They say around 30-40 days and they should be harvestable, but I don’t see it so I think I should hit reddit up and figure out of I’m doing something wrong or need to run a light

4 Likes

9 Likes

Showoff! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Post your guides on nutrients we can make at home, seeing as how our PM is slowly introducing a choke hold on Fertilzers right now like much of the world.

5 Likes