Good Deals 2021!

I already have a couple of them but I may grab a handful to give to new vapers.

8 Likes

Great idea, and very cool of you man!

6 Likes

I’ve read a lot of posts about people being mad at the Lit. I have two or three of them but haven’t tried one out yet. The main complaint was that something melted within the clamp system. I’m not sure what people call it, an insulator maybe? I’m not sure why it happened to people or if the problem was ever fixed. I’ve had warnings (plural) to never use that RDA on a mech mod.

I need to start using some of the older RDAs I’ve scored soon. I’ll look more closely at it and see if I can figure it out.

6 Likes

Health Cabin is having a father’s day 20% code available. You select the code from a drop down style menu and then click apply. I’ve been ordering a lot from there in the last few months. They have a decent selection of 21700 mech mods and newer RDAs. Don’t get too excited though because the code’s discount usually just covers shipping. It’s one of those sites that shows discounted prices if you’re logged in.

https://www.healthcabin.net/

7 Likes

I’ve never had any problems with the insulators myself and I have I’ve pushed it hard.

My only complaint with it is the lack of a notch: When it’s cold, I have to take off the top cap and then unscrew the deck from a mod. . When hot, it screws off fine.

5 Likes

A lot of people do excessive cleaning burn-in’s. The mesh heats extremely fast and has a lot of surface area. Mesh should be pulsed conservatively at a low wattage setting. Also the Lit sucks up juice like a dehydrated Camel. You an get behind if you don’t pay attention. Mesh wicks so efficient that the next to the last usable juice on an already dry wick still taste good. I have really enjoyed the VV Lit. @SquirrelSmash summed it up well. The Lit is probably underrated due to the comments of burnt insulators. I’ve read the same thing about it and other RDA’s claiming the same problem and I haven’t had any problems with any of them. I read about them all on the same forum(not this one).

https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/update-9-30-on-fire-with-the-vandy-vape-lit-rda/248339?u=jim210

7 Likes

Okay great. It sounds like VV put in better insulators or people stopped abusing their Lit RDAs. I got them because they were like 5 bucks at Wet Vapes. I know they come with mesh but that doesn’t really interest me. I make my own wire coils. I have lots of mesh atomizers but I haven’t used any of them in a while.

6 Likes

@INOIROC The message you read was a valid and extremely important warning in regards to Mech mod safety. I am negligent having not pointed that out in my previous post that I shared my speculation(and that’s all it is) about the reason for reports of melted insulators while using the VV Lit.

For anyone reading this that doesn’t already know, the insulator is the non-conductive material separating the positive post of an RDA from the negative post. One of the best materials for this is “German Peek”. It’s almost always a Tan colored plastic material. Not all RDA’s use Peek. Other materials may not hold up in the same high heat range that Peek can withstand. If an insulator on an RDA melts, the positive and negative post may short out. This can cause a battery to rapid discharge resulting in injury, fire, and can also be fatal. Pure Mech mods are not protected against a short so it was a good warning not to use an RDA that has had known incidents’ of melted insulator material, on a mech mod. That is also why you should always measure your coil resistance and check for shorts , using a separate meter or regulated mod, before attaching an atomizer to a mech mod. Also never build directly on a mech mod for the same reason.
There are some mods that are often incorrectly referred to as Mech mods that have chips in them to protect against shorts, over or under voltage, reverse polarity, etc. . The correct reference to these is “protected mech”. Less correct but often used reference is “modified mech”. An incorrect reference, sometimes used for these is “hybrid mech”, incorrect because hybrid is a well established term for a method of how the Atomizer 510 positive connects with the mods battery positive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyether_ether_ketone

after burning-in/cleaning a coil inspect the insulator material for signs of damage

11 Likes

Some people also call mods that function like a mech mod but have built in protections “Unregulated”. I don’t really agree with that term but people still say it.

I had no plans running a Lit on a mech mod at all. The design is to iffy and dependant on those insulators. I plan on keeping a close eye on it and would advise anyone else to do the same. It’s kind of why I brought it up.

11 Likes

I promise that the booze weekly sales at Gremberry Farms

https://gremberryfarms.com/weekly-flyer-1/

had nothing to do with my new recipe I released:

The TFA Kentucky Bourbon at $1.49 for 30 ml is a steal. It goes also very well in this all time classics:

9 Likes

anyone else get this error when they click on the link?

Damn, nvm I just saw the reply…

We’re sorry, but we do not operate within your country and do not sell or deliver to your country. Regulations prevent us from doing so. Sorry…

5 Likes

I got that message when trying to use Chrome but I get to the site with Duck-duck-go.

strange though, and perhaps phishy, when I edit link to delete everything past the first "/” it takes me to what looks like a CentOS desktop when using Chrome.

5 Likes

Hmm interesting. Haven’t used the CentOS distro in years. ( Mint fan here ) and I totally forgot about duckduck go. Well, no biggie. Strange though. Now I’m gonna have to go try it just out of curiosity. :slight_smile:

Oh ya, looks like CentOS home page. That’s just weird

6 Likes

I’ve been using CentOS for several years at work so the page and logo are a familiar site. I was hoping to see vape gear.

6 Likes

Are they shipping to the States then?

5 Likes

I just received an order from Sourcemore and the last time I ordered from Health Cabin I got it in 10-11 days. Not bad for China.

7 Likes

The biggest problem ordering from these vendors is landing in the states and sitting in the Avenel, NJ sorting facility. I’m on the east coast. 5-6 days from China tops then sits in NJ for another several days. It’s a USPS black hole. For those of you who live on the West Coast it should be quicker.

6 Likes

My last China order was from Fasttech and I was hesitant to place a large order at once, concerned it might get siezed, but that’s exactly what I did. One item wouldn’t be replenished for awhile so they split the order in two. The first package was everything but the Juggernaut RDA. The first package shipped on May 15th and arrived 23 days later on May 28th.
The second package was sent on May 24th, made it halfway across China and was sent back for “security concerns”. FT flipped it as soon as it landed in their province and I received it on June 18th, making it a 26 day trip. They did good getting the second one to me. Both were ordered on April 30th. I’m happy they both made it to me.

11 Likes

Yes. I’ve been shopping there for years. This year they’ve been my go-to site for mechanical mods and rebuildable atomizers. They had me doing reviews for a while but I started declining their invitations. Written reviews are a pain in the ass I don’t need. Towards the end it was mostly pod mod crap and AIOs. No offense to anyone but that stuff is not my style.

10 Likes

Did BCF have sell today

4 Likes